Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Brian S
    Same windmill, different day.

Of course the examples of the Rounders Dietrich has shown would be proof enough for anyone who didn't have a heavily burdened portfolio of Juncker RKs. Supply impacts Price, eh?

You'll never make a point with these two Dietrich until you provide the photographic evidence they've been demanding.

In the meantime, maybe someone could show ME a photograph of a Godet and a Zimmerman in wartime wear.

Brian why be such a provocative individual?

Try Oberst Alfred Hemmann
    Last edited by George Stimson; 07-18-2005, 09:44 PM. Reason: no name calling
    Regards,
    Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Kane
      Brian why be such a prick?

To your first question, it's what I do.

To your offer, I've eaten.

Comment

Okay, boys, I have to go out for an hour or so. Please try to behave!
        George

Comment

Brian why be such a provocative individual?

Nice edit George...I liked it better the first time

Comment

Brian-

I really do not care about rounders, nor does this have anything to do with juncker RKs in a collection. You guys believe in rounders. Dave Kane and I do not. Those positions have been stated before and it does not appear as though anyone will change their minds, so direct discussions about the authenticity of rounders in general are pointless. This piece is interesting to me not because it is a rounder, but because of the stamping. It would be interesting if it was a S&L, a juncker, a K&Q or whatever. I do not think we are discussing rounders in general, but this piece in particular, regardless of maker. If one accepts that rounders are wartime, then there must certainly be post war pieces out there as well. I just think it is odd that a silver plated piece is stamped "800". Maybe Tony is right and it just appears plated and Dietrich is wrong. If so, mea culpa and it is completely a non-issue. If it is silver plate over brass, would not that stamping on any silver plated RK be odd?

Comment

Odd is what makes the hobby and the people that collect interesting.

Tony
              An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it.

"First ponder, then dare." von Moltke

Comment

Originally posted by tom hansen
                If one accepts that rounders are wartime, then there must certainly be post war pieces out there as well.

I just think it is odd that a silver plated piece is stamped "800". Maybe Tony is right and it just appears plated and Dietrich is wrong. If so, mea culpa and it is completely a non-issue. If it is silver plate over brass, would not that stamping on any silver plated RK be odd?
                1) Bombs were very indiscriminate, factory destroyed, no need for postwar pieces. Hopefully, there are no Juncker postwar pieces so I don't follow this exactly.

2) I can't explain the 800 stamp on a plated piece. 800 quality silver plate? Factory going broke and 'broke' the rules on the way out in a last ditch to stay in business? Who knows?

On any RK silver plate is not odd, on a Juncker it would be odd as it breaks the rules of Junckers, on a Rounder, there are so few, what are the rules? Far more Juncker RKs, far more S&L RKs, far more Q&K RKs than Rounders.

More Rounders than Zimmerman, more than Godet...

Where is my photographic evidence of Zimmerman and Godet RKs??? Please don't confuse photographic evidence with "provenance".

Comment

Part of the issue with the stamping is this-

1. Is this a deviation from the construction of other rounders (silver plate), or is this a common feature of all rounders that simply has not been explored/discovered? How many defects or wear are there on pieces such that this would be noticed?

2. If this is a deviation from the construction of other rounders, or is it just a mistake in stamping the piece as 800 silver? There are many examples of RKs made from non-standard materials, they just are not stamped "800". Or is this an indication that the makers of this particular piece were not so much concerned with reactions of the government from an inappropriately stamped piece, if there was no remaining government to take offense? Who knows- there are positions that can be taken either way.

Comment

Jesussssssssssssss George!!! You read my mind....the provocative individual in being a prick! Sorry, my grammar wasn't in the 'present tense'

Brian...nice, clean untouched and the picture speaks for itself!!!

Show us a picture of a rounder of this caliber..frosted, painted or naked.... stamped but really any picture of a Rounder in wear!!
                    Attached Files
                    Regards,
                    Dave

Comment

Attached Files
                      Regards,
                      Dave

Comment

Attached Files
                        Regards,
                        Dave

Comment

Attached Files
                          Regards,
                          Dave

Comment

There is no way that any of the awards-making company in any country, in old days or now days would stamp silver plated brass with silver content stamp (the stamp is for the metal it self not for plating), that would be a forgery, more trouble that profit, ...that is why they have content marks. There are many awards that are silver plated and gold plated none of them have content marks.
                            And if it was done by mistake of the "rounder" company than we should see more of silver plated brass unmarked rounders.

Comment

Originally posted by tom hansen

1. Is this a deviation from the construction of other rounders (silver plate), or is this a common feature of all rounders that simply has not been explored/discovered? How many defects or wear are there on pieces such that this would be noticed?
                              Tom,

you have tested a Rounder, the same I tested. The frame was clearly silver. In addition, the etched frosted Rounder in this thread is also indication of the use of silver for the frame. So the 'brass' Rounder is a single example so far - an indication for the (early) manufacturing progress, IMHO.

I also agree with Alikin. It is and was unlawfull to stamp "800" on plating. Was this done to fool people, was it done by accident, is this a pattern? I don't know. More digging needs to be done.

If this would be the case with all Rounders, I really would be very concerned. But the presence of the two other model makes me very comfortable and even strengthens my believe in the Rounders.

I cannot and will not hang a judgement on the sighting of Rounders coupled with alledged fake oaks. The more so when other people got the Rounder a lot earlier than that. I always think that one has to look at the full picture and should not dismiss a piece because it does not fit what one currently perceives as "gospel".

Dietrich
                              B&D PUBLISHING
                              Premium Books from Collectors for Collectors

Comment

Brian...nice, clean untouched and the picture speaks for itself!!!

Show us a picture of a rounder of this caliber..frosted, painted or naked.... stamped but really any picture of a Rounder in wear!!
                                I guess you see what you want to see...

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 4 users online. 0 members and 4 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X