No announcement yet.

The 3 Types of Rounder RK's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And yet I can't find a clear photo of a Godet or Zimmerman???

Comment

Originally posted by RoyA
      Unless someone offers some solid evidence, this topic will keep going round, and round, and round....
      Roy,

..and stupid me thought that at least the etched frosting was some solid evidence. Guess that digging deeper into a subject is only not " " if it's a "popular" subject...oh, well I'll still continue. Nobody needs to read it, just me.

D.
      B&D PUBLISHING
      Premium Books from Collectors for Collectors

Comment

Originally posted by Dietrich
        Roy,

..and stupid me thought that at least the etched frosting was some solid evidence. Guess that digging deeper into a subject is only not " " if it's a "popular" subject...oh, well I'll still continue. Nobody needs to read it, just me.

D.
        It was SPECTACULAR evidence. It got buried in photos of Juncker and S&L crosses. Now how'd that happen?

Comment

Originally posted by Brian S
          And yet I can't find a clear photo of a Godet or Zimmerman???

Just look at Jeff's thread....Binz cards are noted for their 'clarity and sharpness'!

In hand the cross (photo) appears super sharp!
          Regards,
          Dave

Comment

I have no problem with the Zimmerman cross.

I do have a problem looking at a photo, seeing a loop that has 'bigger' characteristics and assuming it's a Zimmerman cross.

I do have the ability to see the Zimmerman cross and make the leap that it's a war time piece in spite of the finish...

Comment

"Bigger" poorly describes the loop...it's OVAL and clearly the type used by Zimmermann. The card is so sharp even the shape of the Zimm is easy to note!
              Regards,
              Dave

Comment

OK oval, so what?

Hey I still see the rounder conclusively in the Signal photo. But get one moderator to agree it's a Juncker and the 'voters' go with the moderator. So the masses are on your side. So what?

Comment

Dave,

would you still recognize with nearly absolute certainty the Zimmermann cross in that picture if (for whatever reason) the gentleman didn't like the oval shape and replaced it with a regular loop?

Dietrich
                  B&D PUBLISHING

Comment

Dave,

would you still recognize with nearly absolute certainty the Zimmermann cross in that picture if (for whatever reason) the gentleman didn't like the oval shape and replaced it with a regular loop?

Dietrich
                    That's rhetorical Dietrich, of course he would... Anything to prop up Junckers...

Comment

...this is the same guy who after a 15 minute look at a stack of post war photos said "NOT A ROUNDER IN THE BUNCH." How genuine is that...

Comment

Dave,

Dietrich

Dietrich I can send you the picture....it's that sharp and clear even the arms are noted!
                        Regards,
                        Dave

Comment

Dave,

I believe you.

So you would - looking at the theoretical picture - say: This is a Zimmermann and the guy (or whoever) switched the loop!

Dietrich
                          B&D PUBLISHING

Comment

Originally posted by Brian S
                            ...this is the same guy who after a 15 minute look at a stack of post war photos said "NOT A ROUNDER IN THE BUNCH." How genuine is that...

Brian, it goes both ways lad!!! You can't expect to throw a hook without leaving yourself open......

Aren't you the one who took a 'vacation' from the Forum when you found that Dietrich's research about S&L crosses strongly suggested that (yours) was POST WAR????

Now, suddenly regarding the Rounder his research is "SPECTACULAR"!!!

I'll use your own words...How genuine is that...
                            Regards,
                            Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Kane
                              Brian, it goes both ways lad!!! You can't expect to throw a hook without leaving yourself open......

Aren't you the one who took a 'vacation' from the Forum when you found that Dietrich's research about S&L crosses strongly suggested that (yours) was POST WAR????

Now, suddenly regarding the Rounder his research is "SPECTACULAR"!!!

I'll use your own words...How genuine is that...
                              His research about the S&L was great. Spectacular. His conclusions lacked scientific and forensic evidence. On the characteristics of postwar versus war S&L's I had to agree with you. Which is why this fkg place bugs me so much. One of you guys goes off on a tear and suddenly it's gang versus gang. Consensus of the brightest minds...yeah.

But, I was genuinely out of here and not feeling the slightest of remorse. When I read some glaring problems with an RK thread, I can't help but point them out.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyA
                                Jeesus...is this thread still going?

Unless someone offers some solid evidence, this topic will keep going round, and round, and round....

R

P.S. Der Teufel Dave made me do it

Roy, please recontact your buddy who has the Rounder and attached Oaks....try to convince him to allow a few photos and attempt to develope a 'time line' regarding purchase...

Yes, it's going Rounder and Rounder and now we are in the area of frosting that even as early as 1960 Souval had it down and as late as 1976 Johannes Floch had the contacts to get it done....
                                Regards,
                                Dave

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X