No announcement yet.

Heinz Macher and Fritz Witt grouping.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whats the market rate for a toenail nowadays?

Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
    Oh, I heard Kai refused to get in a Car with Rob. Smart little Rat that Kai. Did you offer him a plastic lined trunk or a front seat with a Friend in the Back?

I think Kai could take a Toenail Clipping from an SS Officer and make it into a Grouping with Overcoats, Open Collar Tunic, Swords, Daggers and Presentation Silverware !!

Comment

Now Manzie jumps in the other defender of fakers the Lab coat genius and highly observant with black tunics....read the Fegelein Thread again Manzie.

Thorsten you have eyes I assume....they may be little slits on top of antennae but you have them.......use them. Plenty of photos tell the story.

Comment

Originally posted by John Pic View Post
        Now Manzie jumps in the other defender of fakers the Lab coat genius and highly observant with black tunics....read the Fegelein Thread again Manzie.

Thorsten you have eyes I assume....they may be little slits on top of antennae but you have them.......use them. Plenty of photos tell the story.
        Typical irrational Pic! Please point out where Thorsten defends this grouping. Point it out John Pic!

Comment

Rudolf von Ribbetrop tunic

Originally posted by Fritz View Post
          Open the beaver books (which, IMHO, are great books!) and you will see that such "atributed to VIPs" tunics are nothing new

Well, for starters that "Rudolf von Ribbentrop" combat tunic shown in one of the Beaver volumes was never his ( Uuups! ), as manifested in his below shown letter from last year and based on the images he was sent.

He says, that "without a doubt it was not a piece he owned...", he goes on writing, that "someone must have 'squeezed' himself into my clothes!"

So much for the so-called "attributed V.I.P." tunics....uups
          Attached Files

Comment

For Manzie....post 355 Fegelein Thread....last sentence third line.There I did your work for you.

"Well, for sure it´s greed - from both sides.

The potential and liquid buyer wants especially those pieces which are too rare to become available or to exist at all - so the dealer acts accordingly.

That is the stuff bubbles are made of - but the real pieces will still always hold their value and can only increase via these games just like an awesome house in the right location will never be hurt in value by the real estate bubblewrappers.
            <!-- / message --><!-- sig -->__________________
            Every day is a good day on WAF. "
            <!-- / sig -->

Comment

Jim Atwood

The Captain is correct, I think Jim Atwood "Unique Imports" came up with that Tunic. Nice Letter, thanks for posting. I think Pete Platanck owned it after Atwood. It is possible a real SS Uniform, but not RvR's. I can confirm the originality of the RvR Letter, it's 100% correct.
              Last edited by Dr. Strangelove; 06-28-2012, 09:51 PM.

Comment

For Manzie....post 355 Fegelein Thread....last sentence third line.There I did your work for you.
                I see. So Thorsten defended something in a totally different thread, yet you made it sound like he was doing it in this thread, and have now cleared that up.
                OK, thanks.

Comment

You are welcome....I have nothing against Mr. Thorsten who seems to a culturally astute individual he just has a strange take on the fake market...and not unlike myself likes to leap into the fire of contraversy but with tunics maybe he should sit back and wait. This is the first time any dealer has been named and held accountable for making up tunics on purpose...others are known to sell such tunics but have not been caught outright knowingly building groupings....

Comment

Markus...back in 2009 I was attending the Pamona show and was approached by a long time collector who I knew for many years I will not say his name here,I dont know if he is even still alive he had a serious weight and health problem. He asked me if I remembered when that Ribbentrop tunic was sold stripped to the current owner by another very well known collector . I did not remember because I wasn't there but he seemed to think I was there when it was sold to the guy its credited to in the book and wanted to talk about how all the insignias appeared on it later down the line. I've seen it a couple times in person and it is a nice tunic but it definately isn't the one Von Ribbentrop is pictured wearing. After a final visit to that dealer I decided for the most part MOST but not all SS officer tunics are put together post war...many in the U.S. by Fred Seeber and Dennis Paxton, the Panzer liar JeffB...others with money interests...there are genuine vet aquired pieces I know of some of the owners are members here and keep it quiet...some Eurpean collectors have restored some real ones nicely too and as we see some dealers just make them up.

Comment

Originally posted by markus View Post
                      Well, for starters that "Rudolf von Ribbentrop" combat tunic shown in one of the Beaver volumes was never his ( Uuups! ), as manifested in his below shown letter from last year and based on the images he was sent.

He says, that "without a doubt it was not a piece he owned...", he goes on writing, that "someone must have 'squeezed' himself into my clothes!"

So much for the so-called "attributed V.I.P." tunics....uups
                      I think you have misunderstood my post as this is exactly what I meant.

Such tunics are not the patent of a german dealer. This thing is on for years, in the USA, UK etc. too.

In case of the RvR tunic that is common knowledge since years and no letter is needed (but not a bad thing to have).

There are numerous other tunics in his books that are, IMO, "questionable".

I want to be clear again on that I believe beaver's books to be an excellent work, not flawless, but what or who is flawless?

Comment

Oh, I just noticed this morning that I have been blocked from entering Kai Winkler's website (www.history-shop.de) finally.

I'm so sad....

It will safe me thousands not shopping there! (I hardly spend more than EUR 300 there in the past 5 years or so...)

Comment

"Well, for sure it´s greed - from both sides.

The potential and liquid buyer wants especially those pieces which are too rare to become available or to exist at all - so the dealer acts accordingly.

That is the stuff bubbles are made of - but the real pieces will still always hold their value and can only increase via these games just like an awesome house in the right location will never be hurt in value by the real estate bubblewrappers.
                          <!-- / message --><!-- sig -->__________________
                          Every day is a good day on WAF. "
                          <!-- / sig -->
                          John,

By making that cited statement I did not defend anything in that thread as well - obviously you just want to label me the way you want.

Sorry, won´t work, too bad.

Anyway you still did not answer my question just because you have none to it.

I do.

Comment

Well I have some answers as to where some uniforms are put together but everyone here who studies uniformrs knows those sources...and past threads have addressed this. You may very well have further info you might share with the forum.I will express my doubts here that you would be willing to do that....but you could shock me.

Comment

John,
                              Don't hold your breath on that. He's just a hack for the company he works for.

Chet
                              Zinc stinks!

Comment

John,

I see you have no balls to name the dealers of which you think they are selling fake uniforms - good that we clearified that.

Chet,

Now I´m curious: Which company are you refering to?

You seem to know more than I do this time.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 4 users online. 0 members and 4 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X