No announcement yet.

red waffenfarbe on black pz uniforms ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I dug up a shot of the whole wrapper in case anyone wanted to see it all together.

Richard
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Richard P View Post
      PzV,

Here is a wrap set you guys might find interesting. It is a major general of panzer artillery. All insignia is red piped as is the collar and tabs, it is of very high quality materials and tailoring. I just snapped a quick pic so its not a quality photograph...sorry.

Richard
      I have never heard of a "General der PzArt". And I doubt that a "General der Artillerie" had worn a black wrap. Maybe I am wrong but Its more likely in my opinion that your General was an ordinary Panzer General who prefered to wear the bright red colour because he is General. The higher your rank the more free are you in your personal taste. Are the awards original to this tunic?
      Last edited by LuckyStrike23; 08-31-2010, 02:57 PM. Reason: .

Comment

LS23,

I believe a General der PzArt would be two ranks higher, and I doubt that any existed either. I do think there were several Major General of panzer artillery entitled to wear black wraps.

Only the cloth 1st class is original to the tunic. I have seen plenty of panzer general's wraps and there is usually no piping, or if it's piped it is gold. I have seen a couple that retained the pink branch of service piping. I only know of two that are piped red.

I suppose it is anyone's guess, I just find it odd that someone would pick a color not connected to their service when general officers gold goes just fine with all insignia. The tabs also piped in red instead of general officers tabs? I have seen where generals retained their pink piped tabs. I guess we will never know for sure.

Richard
        Last edited by Richard P; 09-01-2010, 02:11 AM.

Comment

Richard, That is just a beautiful wrap. Jacques

Comment

Not to get off the subject of your fantastic Pz. Gen. Wrap but, on page 1, photo #3, concerning the possible black tab piped in red on the field gray wrap; it could possibly be an early war dark green based StuG tab, it's hard to say.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Joseph View Post
              Not to get off the subject of your fantastic Pz. Gen. Wrap but, on page 1, photo #3, concerning the possible black tab piped in red on the field gray wrap; it could possibly be an early war dark green based StuG tab, it's hard to say.
              Scott,

No problem about subject, your actually going back to the original subject. I agree with you, it could very well be a green based tab, which are very scarce. I have also seen them used on later war applications such as the factory applied tabs on an HBT wrap (pictured), and also use by Luft. Field Divisions, which I might show a photo of one of these days.

Jacques,

You have impeccable taste...except in your daily wear, which I won't bring up. Thanks!

Richard
              Attached Files

Comment

Here's a green based tab on a late war private purchase "Karl Thon, Bamberg" wrap.
                Attached Files

Comment

Scott,

Sweet stug wrap from the one photo. That one is hard to tell from the photo and it's in color, no wonder there is a problem with the old black and whites.

Forum member WWIIbuff has a really nice HBT wrap with the tabs with the bottle green backing also.

Richard
                  Attached Files

Comment

Here is my contribution. This is a black wrap with arty waffenfarbe on the litzen and straps. There is also some "unusual" collar piping.
                    Attached Files

Comment

I know where one just like that is sitting...you don't happen to have a photo of the guy wearing it do you?

Richard

Comment

I know where one just like that is sitting...you don't happen to have a photo of the guy wearing it do you?

Richard
                        ...uh maybe, might be some award docs involved too...

Comment

Nothing sinister implied on my part...I just happened to zero in on it, or its twin, a few weeks back and just wanted to make sure there is no cloning going on. I only looked at the exterior and did not take a gander inside.

Richard

Comment

LS23,

...I have seen plenty of panzer general's wraps....

Richard
                            Lawd, you be da man. What a cloistered collecting life I’ve led; I have Never seen a general’s wraparound that I thought to be Original!

B. N. Singer

Comment

Originally posted by B. N. Singer View Post
                              What a cloistered collecting life I’ve led; I have Never seen a general’s wraparound that I thought to be Original!
                              Nor have I seen or heard of such an item still existing but that in and of itself signifies little. It would be instructive to see this and some of the other interesting wraps depicted in this thread in person.

Comment

This wrap is in the Panzer Museum in Munsterlager, I was told it was donated by the family. I saw it 25 years ago and it looks convincing. We know there were worn etc. I would love to have seen Goering in one the size of Alberta.

http://www.themarshalsbaton.com/Gen%...0groupings.htm

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X