No announcement yet.

red waffenfarbe on black pz uniforms ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was fortunate to have met several SP artillery Vets when I was stationed in Germany and can confirm from talking to them and seeing photos they were issued black wraps. I cannot however remember if they wore skulls

Comment

Here are a couple of cut offs that a local member has and hopefully won't mind if I post them.

Richard
      Attached Files

Comment

2. Unquestionably red piping and cut off a black wrap to boot..
        Attached Files

Comment

Hi Richard, at this very moment I was trying to post the same pics. best, Bill

Comment

Bill,

Sorry...I didn't mean to steal your thunder....I know you have another better photo and I left it out on purpose. It's a nice one with all the insignia.

Richard

Comment

More pics, these all came together from a member of the US 3rd Army. Anyones call on the strap and pips. Two of the pips are SS types. Best, Bill
              Attached Files

Comment

Reverse
                Attached Files

Comment

Here is another single tab offered on a dealer site. It looks to be an early example with some pretty thick wool piping.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Amaizing wrappers and insignia posted in this thread

Jens

Comment

Guerss the vet from the 3rd armor added all the pips to the shoulderstrap

Comment

Panzer Artillerie Schule

Here is another tab example that uses the red backing behind the eyes. Also, a M-44 black strap from a Panzer-Artillerie Schule.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Panzer Artillerie Schule

The backs (Thanks Bob!).
                          Attached Files

Comment

Killer tab and board...I take it you just have the single of each?

Comment

Panzerartillerie

Originally posted by Richard P View Post
                              Killer tab and board...I take it you just have the single of each?
                              Yes, just singles. I have a large Riker mount with just Schule straps and boards and they display very well in it.

Comment

I have always had to resist collecting single tabs and boards. They make a wonderful display and I know once started...I could never stop.

I have tried to take more photos of the panzer artillery major general uniform but they keep coming out crappy. Here is one shot that is not ideal, but it has the private and major general together.

A new camera that takes good close-ups is now on the top of the list.

Richard
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X