red waffenfarbe on black pz uniforms ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Johnny R View Post
    This wrap is in the Panzer Museum in Munsterlager...I saw it 25 years ago and it looks convincing...

http://www.themarshalsbaton.com/Gen%...0groupings.htm
    Sir, from those few pictures, it would not have the same affect on me (of course I am at the disadvantage of not having seen it up close).

B. N. Singer

Comment

Originally posted by B. N. Singer View Post
      Sir, from those few pictures, it would not have the same affect on me (of course I am at the disadvantage of not having seen it up close).

B. N. Singer
      I cannot of course say 100% either but I know the majority of the items were donated by the individuals themselves and families when the Bundeswehr was formed and the museum opened. They will not allow items to be photographed outside of the cases. I have my photos somewhere I will look for them.

Comment

tunic

According to his son when he (Heinz-G.) donated the tunic it was just the jacket and shoulder boards. When I visited him in the early 1990's I specifically asked about this tunic on display and got this information.

Comment

Originally posted by pauke View Post
          According to his son when he (Heinz-G.) donated the tunic it was just the jacket and shoulder boards. When I visited him in the early 1990's I specifically asked about this tunic on display and got this information.
          Thank you for your information.

Then, was the garment sans collar tabs / eagle?

B. N. Singer

Comment

A separate thread should be devoted to the possibilities of the "Panzer General wrap".
            S.
            (much interest)

Comment

Lawd, you be da man. What a cloistered collecting life I’ve led; I have Never seen a general’s wraparound that I thought to be Original!

B. N. Singer
              I do not see what any of us gain by trying to take "the mickey" out of Richard over this. General's panzer wrap or not, level of collector experience or lack of it he has continued to encourage and add to a thread which many are finding increasingly interesting and more and more collectors are contributing to.

Instead of trying to put him down, I for one would like to say he is doing a good job on this and thanks for an interesting thread on a subject worth anybody with an interest in Panzer items having a think about and taking note of

so Richard P, "good on ya mate !" and please keep the effort going

Chris

Comment

Regarding General's wraps, they exist in period photos. But are people here saying none survived the war intact?

Comment

Lawd, you be da man. What a cloistered collecting life I’ve led; I have Never seen a general’s wraparound that I thought to be Original!

B. N. Singer
                  I may have been exaggerating...I do not know if 10 would be considered plenty? These are wraps I deemed as original, and yes I can make mistakes. I have seen plenty (oops) I mean at least 20 + fakes, or ones I did not consider original. The ones I have, and have seen have all been from old, mostly European collections. Most of these now reside in US collections.

Richard

Comment

Originally posted by pauke View Post
                    I remember seeing some good photos of this wrap. I recall that the tabs were 70's or 80's era fakes, and I'm not sure on the eagle. I also recall thinking that at least the boards seemed O.K.

Maybe a member that lives in the vicinity can take some new photos with a current Hi-rez camera? It would be worth another look.

Richard

Comment

I have Never seen a general’s wraparound that I thought to be Original!

B. N. Singer
                      One can always hope.
                      Attached Files

Comment

And old Adalbert had two!
                        Attached Files

Comment

Here are some pictures of the wrap in Münster.. it is difficult to take pictures through glass..
                          Attached Files

Comment

Here is another generals from Münster, this one should have belonged to Heinrich Eberbach..
                            Attached Files

Comment

I on't think anyone wrote that Panzer wraps were not worn by generals (as evidenced by the above and other photos). But personally, based on the above photos, I'd be extremely skeptical about the examples on display at Münster.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Davis View Post
                                I on't think anyone wrote that Panzer wraps were not worn by generals (as evidenced by the above and other photos). But personally, based on the above photos, I'd be extremely skeptical about the examples on display at Münster.
                                at least, it seems Eberbach wore a wrap in Normandy during summer 1944 wich is not the one show on Jens' pic at Munster :

but maybe he had another at home...

derka

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X