No announcement yet.

red waffenfarbe on black pz uniforms ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've been combing the forum and found some more panzer artillery items and photos. I thought it might be nice to have them on one thread. They are red even though they look a little pink.
    Attached Files

Comment

More period photos...
      Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by MisterX View Post
                Are you sure that they wear red piping? In 15 years of panzer collection i never seen a wrapper with red piping but hundrets of photos of wrapper with out the skulls. i also had some photos from assult gun shool, all wear the wrapper without skulls. Sorry but i dont thing that the photo shows a red piped wrapper.

Schwarze Sonderbekleidung (black Panzer wraps) with red piping did in fact exist:

"Die Uniform der Sturmgeschutz-Einheiten lehnte sich an die der Panzertruppe an. Im Westfeldzug 1940 trugen die Sturmgeschutz Einheiten die schwarze Uniform der Panzertruppe mit Totenkopf auf den Kragenpatten und der roten Waffenfarbe der Artillerie, im Gegensatz zu der rosa Waffenfarbe der Panzertruppe."
                Attached Files

Comment

Rob,

Have you got a translation for the unwashed masses?

Comment

hOLA Richard..Please check officer foto #4,page 49. It looks as if he is wearing beamte boards..I think I see "HV" and green stripes. I will enlarge it later for a better look. Please post more fotos of your Ari General..is it named? What position would he have held in a division or corps? Many thanks for posting your fotos and sharing your information. When I saw the general wrap I almost ruined another keyboard spilling my coffee on it! John Wilson

Comment

Originally posted by Rob Johnson View Post
                      Schwarze Sonderbekleidung (black Panzer wraps) with red piping did in fact exist:

"Die Uniform der Sturmgeschutz-Einheiten lehnte sich an die der Panzertruppe an. Im Westfeldzug 1940 trugen die Sturmgeschutz Einheiten die schwarze Uniform der Panzertruppe mit Totenkopf auf den Kragenpatten und der roten Waffenfarbe der Artillerie, im Gegensatz zu der rosa Waffenfarbe der Panzertruppe."
                      That is awesome Rob, what is the book?

Comment

Originally posted by Richard P View Post
                        Rob,

Have you got a translation for the unwashed masses?

Sure... basically it says that during the 1940 campaign in the west, the Sturmgeschutz units used the same black uniform of the Panzertruppen with Totenköpfe on the collar tabs, but with red waffenfarbe (Artillery), not pink.

Originally posted by Johnny R View Post
                        That is awesome Rob, what is the book?
                        Johnny,

Unfortunately I don't have the title of the book, just several scans of many of the pages. It's a book listing official orders concerning uniforms, insignia, awards etc. of the WWII German Wehrmacht.

To say that black Sonderbekleidung with red waffenfarbe did not exist is just plain ridiculous.

Rob

Comment

A pair of red piped skull tabs of mine.
                          Attached Files

Comment

It reads like something written for military tailors or uniform industry manufacturers etc. Nice find. I would love to find more descriptive concise period writing like that on uniforms and insignia. It would answer a lot of questions.

Comment

Originally posted by galizien41 View Post
                              A pair of red piped skull tabs of mine.

Do you have a shot of the reverse you can share?

Rob
                              Last edited by Rob Johnson; 10-23-2009, 02:19 PM.

Comment

Nice set of tabs Jerry...

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X