This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nickn View Post
    So who would you like to see inspect it?
    While I obviously cannot speak for him, if we go back to 03-28-2019 with post #796 (and others) he is the one that I personally would chose for a well detailed (close) inspection. FP

Comment

Originally posted by den70 View Post
      Gentlemen, I again ask you to show the same version of Roehm’s dedication on the Pack's dagger. Why talk about faith, when you can show the same dedication and point out its similarity. This photo will be better than 1000 posts of defenders or opponents. Other case, we will also write empty 50 pages, presupposing what could have happened in more than 80 years.

If you ask me what I want to see inside, I can answer. Pack's Christmas Daggers has a very specific tang. I would also be interested to see the internal marking of the guard. This will either give a chance or finally remove it for me.
      This is the post Fred is talking about.
      And what Den stated is exactly what happened.

That said, it's up to the owner if they want to show the tang, they don't have to, but IMO it doesn't help their cause by not showing it.

-Serge

Comment

Originally posted by Serge M. View Post
        This is the post Fred is talking about.
        And what Den stated is exactly what happened.

That said, it's up to the owner if they want to show the tang, they don't have to, but IMO it doesn't help their cause by not showing it.

-Serge
        I would flip the question around to DEN70. What does he expect to see on the tang?

Comment

Originally posted by tk99 View Post
          I would flip the question around to DEN70. What does he expect to see on the tang?
          I hate to sound harsh, but with this brass Turkey/Bird of an Eagle I'm sensing some more "stonewalling" and "blowing smoke". Den has posted a lot of good information and has made a simple request. Wasn't it you that just said: "EXACTLY!!! That why there’s no reason to share pics or information unless it’s to someone you can trust." There is no guarantee that the Turkey/Bird dagger will ever be taken apart for inspection - so why should he help anybody of the Turkey/Bird team or anyone else any more than he already has? FP

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru....php?t=1042464

Comment

1. Well it doesn't work that way, and you know it.

2. The following is a quote from the ERM booklet that was kindly provided to me;

" The ERM team estimates that approximately 20 of these SS M-33-type prototypes were originally produced. This estimate is based upon the surviving number of pieces and the markings found inside these pieces' crossguards and grips."
            Pg. 14

-Serge

Comment

Originally posted by Frogprince View Post
              I hate to sound harsh, but with this brass Turkey/Bird of an Eagle I'm sensing some more "stonewalling" and "blowing smoke". Den has posted a lot of good information and has made a simple request. Wasn't it you that just said: "EXACTLY!!! That why there’s no reason to share pics or information unless it’s to someone you can trust." There is no guarantee that the Turkey/Bird dagger will ever be taken apart for inspection - so why should he help anybody of the Turkey/Bird team or anyone else any more than he already has? FP

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru....php?t=1042464
              I’m not talking about the eagle. I have my own opinions but I will reserve it to myself.
              I’m talking about the tang.

Comment

Originally posted by Serge M. View Post
                1. Well it doesn't work that way, and you know it.

2. The following is a quote from the ERM booklet that was kindly provided to me;

" The ERM team estimates that approximately 20 of these SS M-33-type prototypes were originally produced. This estimate is based upon the surviving number of pieces and the markings found inside these pieces' crossguards and grips."
                Pg. 14

-Serge
                With all due respect Serge, no, I don’t know it.
                I believe Den70 is basing on the assumption that the tang of the SA Christmas Pack shares something similar to the SS Christmas Pack.
                Maybe it does, or doesn’t.
                Is that information about the tang a secret? If Den70 doesn’t want to reveal his information, I respect that. Then it’s just a matter of having Den70 inspect one personally.

Comment

I’m not talking about the eagle. I have my own opinions but I will reserve it to myself.
                  I’m talking about the tang.
                  OK, so you want den70 to tell you what he knows about the tang for what reason? You should already know - because what Serge posted says that the Team knows about the inside markings (see post #1250/1252) on the so-called prototypes which has to include the Turkey/Bird dagger. Which of course means that it has already been taken apart (unless somebody is “blowing smoke” or “stonewalling”). FP

Comment

Originally posted by Frogprince View Post
                    OK, so you want den70 to tell you what he knows about the tang for what reason? You should already know - because what Serge posted says that the Team knows about the inside markings (see post #1250/1252) on the so-called prototypes which has to include the Turkey/Bird dagger. Which of course means that it has already been taken apart (unless somebody is “blowing smoke” or “stonewalling”). FP
                    For what reason? Did you not read what Den70 wrote? Here it is,...
                    ”If you ask me what I want to see inside, I can answer. Pack's Christmas Daggers has a very specific tang. I would also be interested to see the internal marking of the guard.”

The internal markings are different. So what?

Comment

For what reason? Did you not read what Den70 wrote? Here it is,...
                      ”If you ask me what I want to see inside, I can answer. Pack's Christmas Daggers has a very specific tang. I would also be interested to see the internal marking of the guard.”

The internal markings are different. So what?
                      I know what den70 wrote because I cited him in post #1246. And you already know or knew that the markings are different - which has to include the Turkey/Bird dagger. When the Turkey/Bird dagger was examined were any pictures taken? FP

Comment

Froggy,

Why are now calling this The turkey bird dagger ?, are you trying to bait members with this crap ?, also do you know what the correct internal markings are for this type of dagger ?, if the internal markings are posted here what are you going to say then ?

Comment

This thread reminds me about the Hühnlein daggers.

You have the internet "truth" and the real life truth.

Comment

Be assured it has the correct markings
                            I thinks one of the reason more photos have not been posted is mr prinz
                            His attitude on this and other posts and his dogmatic refusal to answer questions without waffling ,posting irrelevant photos, is tiresome to say the least
                            I think we all agree the eagle is not very nice
                            Its more telling of it being original as a faker would have made a better one or used a period one off say a stick pin which are readily and cheaply available
                            Last edited by nickn; 04-21-2020, 08:33 AM.

Comment

His attitude on this and other posts and his dogmatic refusal to answer questions without waffling ,posting irrelevant photos, is tiresome to say the least
                              It more telling of it being original as a faker would have made a better one or used a period one off say a stick pin which are readily and cheaply available

Totally agree, well said nick

Comment

Its more telling of it being original as a faker would have made a better one or used a period one off say a stick pin which are readily and cheaply available
                                Yes, agree.

+1

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X