This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rare SS Pack Prototype Dagger

My great grandfather, brought this dagger back from Germany in 1945.

I do not collect this material, however some initial searches on the internet led me to a couple of dealers of German daggers.

These dealers were/are interested in it and one provided some information suggesting that it is a rare SS prototype or pre-production example.

I am interested in finding out more about it and in getting any information that would be helpful in my decisions of what to do with dagger in the future.

Thanks

You can PM me here or email me at rohmdagger@gmail.com.
    Attached Files

Additional Photos.
    Attached Files

Comment

One more.
      Attached Files

Comment

The dagger is fake, others will tell you about the fittings but an SS motto with an SA inscription I believe is not correct.

Russ.

Comment

Originally posted by Bulldog View Post
          The dagger is fake, others will tell you about the fittings but an SS motto with an SA inscription I believe is not correct.

Russ.
          Russ, please...

You really have to start reading some books about SS daggers!!!

Under which organisation's command stood the SS before the night of the long knives Russ?
          Right, the SA offcourse. So offcourse there were SS daggers with a Röhm inscription.
          Never heared about Röhm SS daggers?
          Last edited by krikke1980; 02-23-2019, 06:24 PM.

Comment

Oops, sorry if I have made a mistake, I thought other parts were incorrect as well. I will leave it to you guys.

Russ.

Comment

Russ.
              I will get my popcorn.

Comment

284 views and not one comment on the dagger. Apart from being wrong with what I said about the motto my other suspicions about this dagger might not be wrong. Here is a better discussion about this dagger.

http://www.warrelics.eu/forum/ss-die...4/#post1942332

Russ.

Comment

284 views and not one comment on the dagger. Apart from being wrong with what I said about the motto my other suspicions about this dagger might not be wrong. Here is a better discussion about this dagger.

http://www.warrelics.eu/forum/ss-die...4/#post1942332

Russ.
                  Why didn't you write your suspicions here on WAF?
                  Instead you wrote some nonsens...

Comment

Don't know about the parts but the Rohm inscription is not proper for a Pack dagger.

Comment

Originally posted by krikke1980 View Post
                      Why didn't you write your suspicions here on WAF?
                      Instead you wrote some nonsens...
                      At the time I did not know it was nonsense, and like I said I was leaving it for the guys who know more about these type of daggers, like yourself, the ones who have read the books, but you still had nothing to say about the dagger in question.

Russ.

Comment

My suspicions were towards the amateurish detail on the grip eagle, in particular the wreath.

Russ.

Comment

I would not jump the gun on this one guys, probably super rare

Comment

Originally posted by Mac 66 View Post
                            I would not jump the gun on this one guys, probably super rare
                            The wisest post so far.

Comment

Dagger has a chance.Fit is very good.Don't comment the röhm-inscription-not my field,but want see close up's from the motto inscription and the roundel.Grip colour are washed out in the decades,often seen.May,like Mac says "super rare"one dagger!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X