• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Victorman View Post
    This is getting totally hilarious!

Another one popped up!
    Full röhm again... of course!
    Found 25 years ago... but first blurry pictures taken in 2009!

Never shown on a forum, nor in any reference book...

And what is extremely strange, about this one, Ron:

15 years ago, you participated in all the discussions on GDC on Christmas daggers. Proudly posting your small "A" SA Eickhorn (pics hereunder) at several occasions!
    But never a word, nor a picture, about this at that moment totally unique, super rare SS Christmas dagger?

I wonder how many more of these are already sold into "advanced collections"...

Best regards,

Victorman
    Read post #1159 Victorman...!

Comment

This IS AN NSKK Christmas Dagger. IT is mine and a direct vet purchase by me and is STILL in my collection. If you all find it nhecessary, ask Tom Johnson or Andreas Thies as they have seen it in person.

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Weinand View Post
        This IS AN NSKK Christmas Dagger. IT is mine and a direct vet purchase by me and is STILL in my collection. If you all find it nhecessary, ask Tom Johnson or Andreas Thies as they have seen it in person.
        I know that, Ron!
        You are right to be proud about it!
        And as you know, it is the only authentic piece shown in this whole treat!

Best regards,

Victorman

Comment

Round wing eagle, large oval, Christmas etch? Where does this fit in? It would appear to be an example in transition from the typical accepted pointy wing, blending in some M33 traits?

Comment

The NSKK has all hilt parts and blade tang assembler numbered and, as far as one can tell, it is a ground Rohm.

Comment

Originally posted by JR. View Post
              Round wing eagle, large oval, Christmas etch? Where does this fit in? It would appear to be an example in transition from the typical accepted pointy wing, blending in some M33 traits?
              You have a very long way to go, JR...

This is known for over a decade... and the information is all available!

Victorman
              Attached Files
              Last edited by Victorman; 04-02-2020, 04:38 PM.

Comment

Is the argument being made that Pack was in charge of designs for the National Symbol?? The designs of all sorts of metal goods (that had its own M1 category) perhaps not that well discussed on this forum, has been something of great interest elsewhere with some fairly interesting results. Some of the research there positively debunking some myths that some blade collectors do or did not seem to be aware of. Period facts vs collector speculation that has cost some guys to unfortunately end up on the wrong side of the equation. FP

Comment

Here is something to read for the "researchers" present here.

The last time an authentic full Rohm Christmas dagger (SA of course!) surfaced was... back in 2007!

And this was only the 2nd full Rohm Christmas SA, ever to have surfaced during the past 75 years! All the others had ground Rohm blades, which is completely logical!

http://forum.germandaggers.com/~germ.../132628/1.html

Unfortunately, shortly after these interesting treats on GDC, copies started to hit the market... SA's at first and getting more and more sophisticated over time.
                  Until someone invented the "most rare of all": pointed eagle! full Rohm! and... SS!
                  And once you get the taste of it... Especially when you can convince "advanced collectors" to pay top $ for this "one of a kind piece"

Best regards,

Victorman
                  Last edited by Victorman; 04-02-2020, 04:32 PM.

Comment

For reasons that has nothing to do with this discussion, when I looked into the formation of the SS-VT (and predecessors) a while back for my own purposes and those involved, it crossed over into the other side as well. Maybe I’m wrong, but when you look at the names, their careers etc. as the top of the pyramid and the most likely recipients of a dagger from Röhm - I doubt that most guys would even know who they were or their personal histories. My point being that those loyal to Himmler were going to defy him? Closet rebels? FP

Comment

Here is something to read for the "researchers" present here.

The last time an authentic full Rohm Christmas dagger (SA of course!) surfaced was... back in 2007!

And this was only the 2nd full Rohm Christmas SA, ever to have surfaced during the past 75 years! All the others had ground Rohm blades, which is completely logical!

http://forum.germandaggers.com/~germ.../132628/1.html

Unfortunately, shortly after these interesting treats on GDC, copies started to hit the market... SA's at first and getting more and more sophisticated over time.
                      Until someone invented the "most rare of all": pointed eagle! full Rohm! and... SS!
                      And once you get the taste of it... Especially when you can convince "advanced collectors" to pay top $ for this "one of a kind piece"

Best regards,

Victorman
                      Mr. Herman,
                      You like to use dates and years to qualify when this and that was discovered, can you show us on what you based that information on? Were you able to count daggers never shown on the Internet or in references? For instance you state that the last legit SA full Rohm was discovered in 2007. Can you show us all how you calculated and arrived at that statement ?

Comment

Brass eagles, and other strange inconsistencies

Hmmm - interesting observation, and the timeline seems correct. After this, maybe one of two things resulted . . . it opened up the interest in these, and legitimate specimens were finally identified and brought to light . . . or it ignited the same interest, but that of forgers who may or may not have been so careful to cover their own tracks?

Comment

As with myself, I assume that Jason inspected this dagger at the SOS. Anyone like to step forward who has not evaluated this edged weapon in hand, like to dispute his evaluation?

Comment

As with myself, I assume that Jason inspected this dagger at the SOS. Anyone like to step forward who has not evaluated this edged weapon in hand, like to dispute his evaluation?
                            I think that you are being ill advised to use him as a reference without his express permission. I certainly don't know what he has seen, or not seen with the dagger in question here. But he might not want to get involved with a contentious discussion. FP

Comment

Originally posted by Frogprince View Post
                              I think that you are being ill advised to use him as a reference without his express permission. I certainly don't know what he has seen, or not seen with the dagger in question here. But he might not want to get involved with a contentious discussion. FP
                              Go back and read his statement. Plus he's a personal friend of mine, Fred

Comment

Go back and read his statement. Plus he's a personal friend of mine, Fred
                                Then why not contact him and ask him to PM me. FP

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X