This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fred,
    Post 1214 looks like he is implying I have something to do with the sale of this sword. I don't know what old pasts say, only what I see infant of me.
    Bob
    www.collectortocollectormilitaria.com

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BobI View Post
      Fred,
      Post 1214 looks like he is implying I have something to do with the sale of this sword. I don't know what old pasts say, only what I see infant of me.
      Bob
      I read it and thought that it was just that he thought that you had probably seen some of the threads about the sword. Maybe I'm missing something, can you clarify what you saw in it? Fred

Comment

We all remember that SS Kaltenbrunner fake sword but posts about that slimy affair are not about this Christmas dagger or other Christmas daggers. It's OFF TOPIC.
        I don't want to hear more about it on this thread.

-Serge

Comment

Very quiet here these days, i was hoping one of the naysayers would post a pic of another SS dagger like the one that started this thread ?, i still see no concrete evidence to validate there claims (Rants), what if it was a different story & it was one of you guys that found this dagger straight out the woodwork in an attic ect, would things be different ???, would the dagger vanish into a high end collection maybe ?

Comment

Originally posted by Mac 66 View Post
            Very quiet here these days, i was hoping one of the naysayers would post a pic of another SS dagger like the one that started this thread ?, i still see no concrete evidence to validate there claims (Rants), what if it was a different story & it was one of you guys that found this dagger straight out the woodwork in an attic ect, would things be different ???, would the dagger vanish into a high end collection maybe ?
            With some items you never know for certain how a topic is going to evolve. If it was OK to go off topic with a couple of other daggers (one of which at least was discussed extensively on this forum) additional physical evidence was not immediately forthcoming. Likewise with “concrete evidence” because outward appearance can be deceiving - which from some past discussions I’m sure you already know. FP

Comment

Originally posted by Frogprince View Post
              With some items you never know for certain how a topic is going to evolve. If it was OK to go off topic with a couple of other daggers (one of which at least was discussed extensively on this forum) additional physical evidence was not immediately forthcoming. Likewise with “concrete evidence” because outward appearance can be deceiving - which from some past discussions I’m sure you already know. FP
              FP,

I cannot see any evidence here to convince me that this dagger was fabricated to fool collectors, lots of smart arse comments with no proof !, some guys can be a complete pain & i,m sure its because of jealousy & frustration

Comment

FP,

I cannot see any evidence here to convince me that this dagger was fabricated to fool collectors, lots of smart arse comments with no proof !, some guys can be a complete pain & i,m sure its because of jealousy & frustration
                If you’re not convinced with what has been presented regarding this topic that is certainly your prerogative. However the forum is not an empty space, and a number of people have presented their points of view both for and against. You complain about no proof but that also cuts both ways. What provable facts are there that you agree with? Or disagree with - if that is what you think? As for the motivations of all of the discussion participants that is unknowable because some might be attracted to the one-of-a-kind brass grip emblem, and others not. Or even be repulsed depending on their point of view. FP

Comment

Hi Fred and Mac!
                  I think if you go back and tally up the pros and cons on this dagger you will find more for then against. When so many complain about photographic evidence which does not always work, we still have it in this thread. Also, I am not going to read this through again but I think several of us feel it is lighting that makes it look like brass but is probably copper.
                  Unless there is something new lets not spend more time on this thread, leave it as it is.
                  Good night,
                  Bob
                  www.collectortocollectormilitaria.com

sigpic

Comment

Hi Fred and Mac!
                    I think if you go back and tally up the pros and cons on this dagger you will find more for then against. When so many complain about photographic evidence which does not always work, we still have it in this thread. Also, I am not going to read this through again but I think several of us feel it is lighting that makes it look like brass but is probably copper.
                    Unless there is something new lets not spend more time on this thread, leave it as it is.
                    Good night,
                    Bob
                    Bob, I'm going to have to disagree with you because while the lighting is not perfect, I think that it's good enough. Copper is red or reddish - and brass is generally yellow or yellowish. The ersatz grip eagle emblem is brass, and post # 709 from Den70 also appears to be a yellowish brass underneath the scabbard's brown layer. But rather that spend a lot of time discussing it maybe something like an image could help?? That being the copper "wheat" cents (about 95% copper) almost all of which are showing age and darkening. But there are a couple of them that look to be in a more or less uncirculated condition showing the more natural as manufactured copper color. The 9mm pistol ammunition having yellow brass cartridge cases, the bullets having copper jackets over a lead core. Fred
                    Attached Files

Comment

Hi Fred and Mac!
                      Good night,
                      Bob

Hi Bob,

Yes i agree with you , i disagree with Fred that the eagle is made from brass !

Regards Mac 66.

Comment

Hi Fred and Mac!
                        Good night,
                        Bob
                        Bob, That in a best possible case scenario might have 5% to 30% going for it if you ignore the conventional accepted definition of what is considered a brass*. For example: With the image I posted sometimes what is called “gilding metal” which is the jacket material for bullets, it can be 80% to 95% copper the rest being 5% to 20% zinc. What is called “cartridge brass” can be 70% copper, the 30% rest of it being zinc - that can have a problem in processing because of being more brittle beyond that limit for zinc. Fred

(* Varies with the type/composition of the copper based alloy.)

Comment

Ummm - NO! It's still a turd of a bird.

Also, I am not going to read this through again but I think several of us feel it is lighting that makes it look like brass but is probably copper.

OK - let's do this again. Who are the several?

Please stand up and be counted.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Did froggy see this thread ?

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=994612

Comment

I'm not really sure of why the links were posted now although I imagine that it's to make a point of some kind. I saw them last year noticing that they had protection markings of one kind or another. As for the ersatz grip eagle here are two addiotnal images. One from this forum - the other borrowed with credit to GDC, the difference in the lighting is apparent as is the comparison of the coloring for the SS emblem. FP
                              Attached Files

Comment

We are flogging a dead house
                                Frog prinz will never back down
                                All the advanced collectors who have handled this dagger believe it’s genuine
                                Mr prinz who hasn’t handled it or even collects ss daggers says it’s a fake
                                Who should we believe??
                                Mr prinz has been sent photos but has promised not to post them
                                Another gentleman has documented evidence but cannot post them
                                The same gentleman says he had seen these “
                                Fake” Christmas daggers for sale but cannot provide any links or photos
                                This is laughable and a bit embarrassing

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X