Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A wee bird told me Damasco tried to buy the OPs SS dagger , along with others behind the scenes so dont let these sly buggers trashing this dagger fool you with there BS

@FP, even if the grip eagle looks brass coloured now it most likely started life with silver wash that wore away over the past 80yrs, yes we cannot see any trace of it now but was the silver wash poorly done at that time & came off easily, who knows ?, also look how the wood around wreath has swollen up around it pushing up the wood edge like we see on some regular M33 daggers with nickle eagles
    Last edited by Mac 66; 04-01-2020, 01:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by damasco View Post
      OK you want to get personal..
      Not going to bite..

Yes I still willing to backup my statement on (YOUR) or team dagger The invitation stands.....
      If you or the team does not want to accept that is no problem.. It is really your loss.
      I go to Germany a few times a year doing research and much more, I have no problem traveling internationally for information..
      People always have money for what they enjoy.. So a trip to see archives is well worth it..
      EVOLUTION IN DEVELOPMENT , unacknowledged variant, on and on.
      I UNDERSTAND THE CONCEPT BUT WHAT NEXT..

This is all opinion.. Basically Ron showed pictures that e-pack did use the correct-early eagle as in the SAs. OH wait lets pull the EVOLUTION IN DEVELOPMENT CARD. That is ONE BIG UMBRELLA...
      Yes, I was incorrect to think the copied pictures you posted may have been altered over a period of time..
      But EVOLUTION IN DEVELOPMENT That is a classic..
      There is so much out there that can be proven through documents and ledgers and it is a lot wilder than this stuff. EVOLUTION IN DEVELOPMENT This will be the buss words at the show..
      If you have documents proving this dagger is a fake please post them
      Or snippets
      You mention a long line of fake sa Christmas Daggers but you didn’t take photos
      Can you point us to any that are on dealers or auction sites
      I go to most European arms fairs and I just don’t remember seeing any

Comment

Originally posted by Mac 66 View Post
        A wee bird told me Damasco tried to buy the OPs SS dagger , along with others behind the scenes so dont let these sly buggers trashing this dagger fool you with there BS

@FP, even if the grip eagle looks brass coloured now it most likely started life with silver wash that wore away over the past 80yrs, yes we cannot see any trace of it now but was the silver wash poorly done at that time & came off easily, who knows ?, also look how the wood around wreath has swollen up around it pushing up the wood edge like we see on some regular M33 daggers with nickle eagles
        Already DOA - it was discussed here a short while ago. If you have any early decorations etc. that have a silver finish it’s still in the crevices and backside etc. where it was not worn off. Yellow brass also seen where the black paint is missing. FP

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Weinand View Post
          Approximately 25 years ago in a veteran buy, this SS M33 Dagger was directly veteran acquired. Also, the early pointy wing grip eagle was acquired in a different buy. It is obvious it was removed from a dagger grip and the prongs show use. NO GROSS AMOUNTS OF MONEY WAS REQUIRED TO BUY THEM. The medals cost more than the dagger and, as I remember, the eagle cost me $5 and I still have it.

The dagger has the standard motto for E. PACK and the grip exhibits the brown base wood with black staining and the SS Button is also early. Unfortunately, the scabbard wasn't important at the time to photograph and can be seen in the background.
          I’m disappointed that Ron Weinand has posted these original veteran lot photos without permission. I say without because Ron never owned this dagger nor was he involved with it. I'm further disappointed that he hasn’t clarified this.

These photos were taken in 2009 when it was first sold, not 25 years ago. It currently resides in a very advanced private collection. This posting is to clarify the provenance and time frame of this specific dagger and its ownership.

I can try to believe Ron’s intention was to provide some evidence that this type of dagger had been acquired from a veteran source prior to the dagger, member “red baron” now owns that started this discussion. These daggers have many unique characteristics that were unknown to the collecting community prior to a recent publication. Though the “red baron” owned example’s motto is different, it’s my opinion that it represents an earlier version of this original and rare dagger type.

Comment

Originally posted by Frogprince View Post
            Already DOA - it was discussed here a short while ago. If you have any early decorations etc. that have a silver finish it’s still in the crevices and backside etc. where it was not worn off. Yellow brass also seen where the black paint is missing. FP
            I know its already been discussed but you are stuck on this point now, i have seen SA cap eagles with silver worn away with brass colour underneath, its not rocket science , go have a look thru some dealers websites & see if you can find some worn cap eagles, either that go to the political forum & do a search ?

Comment

I never stated that I owned the dagger nor did I state the dagger was bought by me. I do, however, own and have the photos. I did not have a date on them and, as I did not state a date when I got them, just didn't remember when they came into my possession. I also will not give away my source, just say it was before Jason got the dagger.

Comment

No, you implied and never corrected when given the chance. The individual who provide you those images for your private and personal reference never gave you permission to publish or share.
                Last edited by Jason Burmeister; 04-01-2020, 01:46 PM.

Comment

Jason, that's your interpretation, not what was written. Please be clear.

Comment

Originally posted by Mac 66 View Post
                    That is a untruth..

So I must have hit a nerve somewhere..
                    That is option number 9.
                    If the poster does not go along with the self anointed group try to discredit him..

For anyone who knows me they know your WEE Bird and you are incorrect..

Comment

Originally posted by Jason Burmeister View Post
                      No, you implied and never corrected when given the chance. The individual who provide you those images for your private and personal reference never gave you permission to publish or share.
                      Wow ..
                      This is Great.... you can't even make this sh$$ up..
                      Jason I feel your pain...
                      Yep happens to me too when I share information with other people and tell them to keep it private ..
                      It bites me in the a$$

Regards: James

Comment

Ron, It was not only my interpretation but those who contacted me and posted after your initial post. It was why you were offered the opportunity to clarify your post but you chose not to. I don’t own the dagger and never wrote that I did. I reluctantly posted out of respect for the current owner.

Comment

Ron,
                          Honestly I also got the impression that you actually owned this dagger...

Comment

Rob I never said I did.

Comment

This is getting totally hilarious!

Another one popped up!
                              Full röhm again... of course!
                              Found 25 years ago... but first blurry pictures taken in 2009!

Never shown on a forum, nor in any reference book...

And what is extremely strange, about this one, Ron:

15 years ago, you participated in all the discussions on GDC on Christmas daggers. Proudly posting your small "A" SA Eickhorn (pics hereunder) at several occasions!
                              But never a word, nor a picture, about this at that moment totally unique, super rare SS Christmas dagger?

I wonder how many more of these are already sold into "advanced collections"...

Best regards,

Victorman
                              Attached Files

Comment

To me these daggers are real.

This hobby is so sad. Everyone has an agenda.

More to follow, I’m sure.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X