This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Vid View Post
    Steve, they bear a Meissen maker mark and were contract pieces. If they bear a Meissen maker mark they are Meissen porcelain manufacture. End of conversation.
    Yeah they are Meisen tiles, I'm not disagreeing, I've seen the marks. Just providing the information from my catalogue. Meissen tiles, painted by Kärner and exhibited by Allach.

Comment

Exactly!

They are one of the latest pieces realized by Allach in 1944.

According to the fine article of Heinrich W. Schild in "Militaria" (issue Jan.-Febr. 2004) about the rider statuettes and rider tiles from Allach there were ordered at one point on 3rd of July in 1944 by Himmler.

He ordered 50 of these rider tiles including wooden frames - means 10 complete sets of five rider tiles each.
      Other production numbers are unknown or have not been discovered yet.

Means they are extremely rare - and still underrated!

Hermann Historica sold within all of their auctions only three of them:

- two tiles (one damaged, one mint) Friedrich der Große
      - one tile (mint) Ziethenhusar.

They can also be found in this booklet.
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Steve T View Post
        Yeah they are Meisen tiles, I'm not disagreeing, I've seen the marks. Just providing the information from my catalogue. Meissen tiles, painted by Kärner and exhibited by Allach.
        Steve, yes. The tiles were manufactured by Meissen under contract. The acronym for Allach is PMA which is Porzellan Manufacture Allach, the maker mark on those is Meissen so they are not Allach porcelain they are Meissen porcelain.

Allach was a porcelain company, if they did not make the porcelain itself, its not Allach porcelain or it would be marked Allach.

Not for nothing Steve and I realize its not you but this thread and a couple others that I watch do nothing but allow a couple guys to kick the crap out other guys stuff while they talk up their own. You want to engage in that and that is fine, I sit and watch this crap and it amazes me how one guy does nothing but piss on other guys items and loads the e-stand with crap and B.S.

What a crock.

Best,

Kris

Comment

Originally posted by Thorsten B. View Post
          Exactly!

They are one of the latest pieces realized by Allach in 1944.

According to the fine article of Heinrich W. Schild in "Militaria" (issue Jan.-Febr. 2004) about the rider statuettes and rider tiles from Allach there were ordered at one point on 3rd of July in 1944 by Himmler.

He ordered 50 of these rider tiles including wooden frames - means 10 complete sets of five rider tiles each.
          Other production numbers are unknown or have not been discovered yet.

Means they are extremely rare - and still underrated!

Hermann Historica sold within all of their auctions only three of them:

- two tiles (one damaged, one mint) Friedrich der Große
          - one tile (mint) Ziethenhusar.

They can also be found in this booklet.
          Hermann Historica sold your plaques, fact of the matter is they are not Allach porcelain manufacture and are marked Meissen. You want to market your B.S and that is fine with me but don't piss on me and tell me its raining.

Kris

Comment

The five rider tiles are without any doubt cultural products of the SS made by Allach and as such exhibited twice in the SS art exhibition in Breslau and Salzburg in 1944.

They just used blank tiles from Meissen as their base - nothing more and nothing less.

You shall not spread your disinformation here.

Comment

The five rider tiles are without any doubt cultural products of the SS made by Allach and as such exhibited twice in the SS art exhibition in Breslau and Salzburg in 1944.

They just used blank tiles from Meissen as their base - nothing more and nothing less.

You shall not spread your disinformation here.
              Their not made by Allach and who is the guy with the disinformation? you. Your full of crap and do nothing but mislead people with your opinions. Its not marked Allach its marked Meissen, I am a liar? flip the over and photo the mark.

Kris

Comment

Originally posted by Vid View Post
                Their not made by Allach and who is the guy with the disinformation? you. Your full of crap and do nothing but mislead people with your opinions.

Kris
                Yes - they are made by Allach, like it or not.

And for the rest of your tasteless personal comment:

Continue like that and you might get booted again - for good reason as it seems.

Comment

Yes - they are made by Allach, like it or not.

Continue like that and you might get booted again - for good reason as it seems.
                  You keep it up and I will come down on you like a bag of rocks, do not need a forum for that, be careful and its the only warning you get.

Kris

Comment

As others have said numerous times before:

Don´t drink and post.

Comment

Back to the topic:

For anyone who is seriously interested in the history and background info in regards to these extremely rare Allach rider tiles will do good to get this issue of Militaria published by Patzwall.

Issue Jan.-Febr. 2004 - Copyright: Verlag Patzwall Norderstedt
                      Attached Files

Comment

sorry to chip in in this discussion...are there images available of the tiles?

Steve or Thorsten, is it documented and proven that the tiles were painted in the Allach Factory by Th. Kärner?
                        if so, I agree that one can call those babys a Allach production..after all it matters wich Artist made them so attractive..a Artist that is working for the Allach House
                        whether he uses a tile from Walmart or Meissen to make it into something special

..or is it just a speculation that the tiles were painted in munich?

Comment

Hi,

Thorsten, many thanks for your reply. Very interesting as usual.
                          You are right, even today a lot of craftmen are paid with good bottles of wine.
                          Loïc and I we know some of those guys, who can make marvellous works in a short time...

Do you think you can post the five tiles ?

See You

Vince

Comment

No speculation - each of the different five rider motifs on the front of the tiles bears the personal signature, his initials, "TK" = Theodor Kärner.

They are all genuine Allach pieces - and due to that very late stage of production time and the known low numbers of these tiles in general are extremely rare.

As I said: still highly underrated, probably also due to lack of knowledge even among experts in this field of SS cultural collecting.

Comment

Andreas,

The tiles are painted on the front with his initials, the tiles are listed in the exhibition catalogues, my picture shows the exhibit listed by Allach.

I don't know precisely where he painted them, maybe in his bathroom I have the catalogue and that that's really only what I was sharing with you and others. I know they are Meissen marked, you can see a picture, see link below. Who cares how anyone wants to call them Meissen or Allach, but the final product is Allach. Whatever they are called they are what they are, rare pieces by one of the finest Allach artists. They must be quite sought after judging by the prices on Ebay of six pieces sold a while back, some cracked but they still made well over 2000 Euro.

Basil has some great pictures on his website and a small article about them which I'm sure you will find more interesting.

Originally posted by Thälmannpionier View Post
                              sorry to chip in in this discussion...are there images available of the tiles?

Steve or Thorsten, is it documented and proven that the tiles were painted in the Allach Factory by Th. Kärner?
                              if so, I agree that one can call those babys a Allach production..after all it matters wich Artist made them so attractive..a Artist that is working for the Allach House
                              whether he uses a tile from Walmart or Meissen to make it into something special

..or is it just a speculation that the tiles were painted in munich?
                              Last edited by Steve T; 07-19-2012, 04:12 PM.

Comment

thanks for the link Steve
                                can only agree on that about the tiles... I particular like the Zietenhusar the most, because my Grand Grand Father was in this regiment.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X