This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Steve T View Post
    I've had a look at mine too. I don't have a good magnifying glass, what I have is too powerful, I see just dots!

I photographed it then made a JPG so not the best image as its been reproduced/compressed but you can make out 'DIE SCHOLLE' (then then its obstructecd by the tree) then 'UNS'. Maybe some copies are a bit better than others.
    I sure can see it now in your image. But not by my naked eyes in my buchen. So are you saying you could not see that in your edition until you pulled it up into focus with camera?
    So it is back to square one...with the worthy herr Schild's intelligent conjecture based on this photo.

Comment

I can even clearly see the other words as well and went to a photographer to get better pics of that - and there is no doubt about it.

Comment

So if you are still searching for an impressive original SS wedding plate - the coming Hermann Historica auction is the way to go.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Fay View Post
          I sure can see it now in your image. But not by my naked eyes in my buchen. So are you saying you could not see that in your edition until you pulled it up into focus with camera?
          So it is back to square one...with the worthy herr Schild's intelligent conjecture based on this photo.
          My loupes are too powerful so yes, effectively I used my camera as the magnifying glass. It was just a hand held snapshot for the Forum here with a lens I normally use for portraits, so it could possibly be improved with a good macro lens and a tripod.

Even with the three words I can read, they are correct for the script we are talking about and in the right places within the script. What other script could it be? I can't think of any similar script but if there is I'm sure our German friends will tell us.

Comment

Good Style - Bad Style

Good Style, Bad Style..

A little period book with pointers on what is good style. Very likely available in DHW shops, it came with a DHW reply card inside.
            Attached Files

Comment

Thank you for posting, Steve.

This is indeed what´s all behind the cultural efforts of the Third Reich in general and the SS in particular.

The DHW was chosen to represent officially what was judged to be good, meaningful, practical, valuable in the long term - and so what really was judged to belong to german culture and how that culture ought to be preserved and continued.

It was meant to let a win-win situation for both the manufacturer and the buyer become reality - indeed the extraordinary quality of DHW pieces allows to use them for centuries, just like in the old days before industrial mass production.

Darré and Himmler were more than just romantic dreamers for sure and the DHW was quite successful.

Comment

Deutsche WK-M

Another company that followed the design style as shown above, but not as 'rustic' as the DHW.
                Attached Files

Comment

One more before I have to go do something more useful. A little DHW catalogue of ceramics I've not seen on WAF before.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Very interesting catalogs Steve. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Fay View Post
                      Hello Der Hase Fee,
                      I dont suppose there was any sources given to back up this pretty story? Perhaps a citation form a Universitat Verlag/University Press publication that had been peer reviewed? Anything to explain how that saying proves it is SS?
                      My understanding of such plates is that regular plain folks also enjoyed having such wooden plates in their cupboard or hanging on the wall in their kitchen (maybe not always with that exact expression, but come on).
                      I find it hard to imagine every one of them was presented by leaders of the SS.
                      I wonder when this is going to stop - or if ever ?

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=509900

Comment

Ehret die scholle die uns ernährt

And here is another one, right out of Sepp's Sippentruhe ! Great design for only 95 Euro.

http://cgi.ebay.de/Holzteller-Bauern...QQcmdZViewItem

Comment

And here is a WANTED AD, not only for wooden "SS wedding" bread plates, but also cultural wall coverings. Good luck, Sebastian !

http://www.dhd24.com/azl/index.php?anz_id=74039634

Comment

Originally posted by der-hase-fee View Post
                            And here is a WANTED AD, not only for wooden "SS wedding" bread plates, but also cultural wall coverings. Good luck, Sebastian !

http://www.dhd24.com/azl/index.php?anz_id=74039634
                            Nothing wrong with placing and add for what you collect, lots of people do it on WAF in their signatures or in the wanted section on E-stand, and yes, good luck to him on finding something interesting, maybe even a plate and a wedding photo album with the plate pictured in it, who knows, maybe even an MK box pictured too

Comment

Originally posted by der-hase-fee View Post
                              And here is another one, right out of Sepp's Sippentruhe ! Great design for only 95 Euro.

http://cgi.ebay.de/Holzteller-Bauern...QQcmdZViewItem
                              Not a great design, one ugly plate that has been hanging around the auction a good while.

Comment

Sebastian is smart enough to know where the real goodies can be found.

The best source for NSDAP/SS cultural pieces are private households - no doubt about that.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 43 users online. 0 members and 43 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X