This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Happy Easter!

Its Easter weekend so Happy Easter people! Some Easter bunnies for you (OK they are hares really )
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Steve T; 04-20-2011, 01:00 PM.

Comment

Der Hasen und der Löffel drei - und doch hat jeder seine zwei!

Great add, Steve!

Within my three years of apprenticeship I have seen and studied these guys more than once - a famous allegory of Paderborn.

Comment

And that´s how it looks like in reality (copyright Zefram - Wikipedia):

Made of the regionally typical Wesersandstein, means freestone from the area of the river Weser - the Americans call that type brownstone.

Definitely a pre-christian symbol - here in use at a deeply catholic building and place, the Dom zu Paderborn.

Nevertheless - this place has it´s roots deep in pre-christian pagan time as well!

It is the spring of the river Pader - the shortest river in Germany and was a holy place for the Saxons before christianization via Carolus Magnus (Karl der Grosse, Charlemagne) and is the historical heart of this westphalian city.

Born = source (a very old pre-christian germanic term, that´s the reason for the term Lebensborn)

Pader = the river

= Paderborn!
        Attached Files

Comment

Due to it being Easter and Spring, I thought that I would re-post this little display.
          Attached Files

Comment

And I almost forgot the bunny!
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Thorsten B. View Post
              And that´s how it looks like in reality (copyright Zefram - Wikipedia):

Made of the regionally typical Wesersandstein, means freestone from the area of the river Weser - the Americans call that type brownstone.

Definitely a pre-christian symbol - here in use at a deeply catholic building and place, the Dom zu Paderborn.

Nevertheless - this place has it´s roots deep in pre-christian pagan time as well!

It is the spring of the river Pader - the shortest river in Germany and was a holy place for the Saxons before christianization via Carolus Magnus (Karl der Grosse, Charlemagne) and is the historical heart of this westphalian city.

Born = source (a very old pre-christian germanic term, that´s the reason for the term Lebensborn)

Pader = the river

= Paderborn!
              Interesting

Symbols like the three hares above look like a form of triskele, and similar to the triple helix ( triple never ending spiral) carved in stone in neolithic Britain and Ireland, and even today a triskele form is on the flag of Britain's Isle of Man. Its reminded me of some good TV programs recently about ancient Britain, fascinating stories of how Britain came to be, right back to the pre-history period when we came up to this land as hunters from mainland Europe before we were an island. Very interesting, it touches on belief systems, the spiritual meaning of some of the strange monuments, stone circles and show a few symbols seen on neothlithic stone carving, some similar in a few the TR items we collect.

It maybe more interesting to me of course being British but if you have some spare time its worth a watch if you are into history http://www.megavideo.com/?d=T816FQ4B

Comment

Originally posted by ErichS View Post
                And I almost forgot the bunny!
                It's bunny time of year Do you have one of the rare Allach eggs too?

Comment

Originally posted by Steve T View Post
                  It's bunny time of year Do you have one of the rare Allach eggs too?
                  No, just the Allach bunny

Comment

The well known tapestry taken from Himmler's mountain house, very expensive and not even woven http://www.rockislandauction.com/vie...id/52/lid/1767

Comment

That´s one top-of-the-line SS cultural item!!!

Comment

1940's Feldpost.
                        Attached Files

Comment

not for Easter, but my newest gets:

Does one know the right pattern? Were there originally SS runes, which were removed after the war, or did one removed another rune and add the SS signs?
                          Attached Files

Comment

Maybe you can add a better shot of the area of the runes?

From what I can see the Sigrunes have been there before as well - and have been "de-nazified" whereas the Ingrune and the Hagalrune have been left untouched.

The fact that the other two runes have been left untouched leads me to the conclusion that the third rune must have been a more "evil" one so it must have either been a swastika or the Sigrunes - and the Sigrunes in connection to the other two make more sense than a swastika.

Great plates - great find!!

Comment

very nice plates.I really like the left one

Etienne

Comment

.. 1930's German easter egg candy container

really cool item! happy easter!
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 43 users online. 0 members and 43 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X