This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Thorsten B. View Post
    Any german person or family outside of the SS could neither even buy nor had any kind of other access to the SS calendar and the SS-Family book - their use and lecture was only for insiders:

Argghwasnt my point!
    why would the normal folk had to have the book???? every german human with any kind of background or religion and a little bit of wealth, could have had such a Plate..bought, made or ordered by the next woodcutter in your region..or for a little cheaper and as standard plate, bought in Shops back in the days.. and all the symbols and motives shown on the wide range of plates were dependent on what religion, wich region/area and what kind of preferences anyway...except some clearly stating and showing SS
    Last edited by Thälmannpionier; 04-06-2011, 03:39 PM.

Comment

"and all the symbols and motives shown on the wide range of plates were dependent on what religion, wich region/area and what kind of preferences anyway...except some clearly stating and showing SS"

So which ones then?

Comment

"and all the symbols and motives shown on the wide range of plates were dependent on what religion, wich region/area and what kind of preferences anyway...except some clearly stating and showing SS"

So which ones then?
        for Example, Ostpreussen, Schlesien, Pommern, Schwarzwald, Westfalia etc. etc. and maybe the different religions in those areas
        preferences of the motives they wich to have on a plate or to give to the wedding couple... if we talk about custom made Plates.
        but we also talk about loads of ordinary plates that were available in shops (like Ehret die Scholle..or Heil dem Gast...or Bread Plates)

btw..just saw a documentary about Eva Braun...they also showed Fegeleins wedding.. and Im pretty sure I saw that they handed him a wooden Plate..but you can just see it from the side and not whats on it.

but for me..those plates (not the custom made ones!!) are NS Cultural Stuff but not SS

at the beginning of this vid, I think it is a wooden plate that he was given...after drinking from the "holy grail";-)
        but its not from the eva braun docu..there it was showed from a different angel
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_jr5Uw7MDM
        Last edited by Thälmannpionier; 04-06-2011, 04:21 PM.

Comment

I made my points based on SS publications of the period.

You made your point from...I don´t know where from, it´s vague to say the least.

The video you are refering to shows Himmler handing over the oval SS wedding plate and salt pot to the Fegelein couple which are depicted in the 1939 SS calendar.

The original video of the Fegelein wedding ceremony in Salzburg does not start at that sequence - there is a sequence before that in the complete original film in which the camera is directed to the table in front of the couple where Himmler´s - better let´s say: the official wedding gifts of the SS!) are residing before Himmler takes them in hand and hands them over to the couple.

And in that sequence the oval wedding plate with the carved dedication is clearly visable.

Thanks for your stated opinion, though.

Comment

I made my points based on SS publications of the period.

You made your point from...I don´t know where from, it´s vague to say the least.

Thanks for your stated opinion, though.
            ..common sense

Thanks

Comment

Doubtless evidence:

OK - now here is something to spoil your common sense:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1cMOB...eature=related

In this movie you can clearly see that SS wedding plate laying on the table before Himmler hands it over to the Fegelein couple.

This part lasts 10:55 minutes.

Look carefully at 07:36 and stop the movie there.

Compare that SS wedding plate and salt pot with the pic of the 1939 SS calendar visable on Kris´ Lindbloms wonderful website and find that calendar and pic among the "SS cultural items" section.

Got it?

Comment

Any german person or family outside of the SS could neither even buy nor had any kind of other access to the SS calendar and the SS-Family book - their use and lecture was only for insiders:

Members and families of the SS.

Why else do you think the SS-Family book was in existence at all?

Because SS-families were the same as any other german family?

No - because SS was different and were requested (if not commanded) to live a life-style of their very own.

That is the grip to get.
                Here we get back to point, stated earlier, and the crux of the whole matter: (which seems to have gone unnoticed) tell me how widespread was distribution of the celebration/familie book and to what extent was it embraced by the ss men??

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1cMOB...eature=related

Look carefully at 07:36 and stop the movie there.

Compare that SS wedding plate and salt pot with the pic of the 1939 SS calendar visable on Kris´ Lindbloms wonderful website and find that calendar and pic among the "SS cultural items" section.

Got it?
                  nope..
                  no problem at all that the plate and pot are on a period SS calender..why not? this is most possible a custom made wooden plate, especially made for Fegeleins SS Wedding..and therefore, yes a unique SS Cultural Piece

but we discuss about loads of other plates and Items in this thread IMO some pseudo SS cultural hyped! not all!! we have some very very fine Items on this Thread!!!

btw, can someone show a little of this Book if you have it on your shelf
                  http://openlibrary.org/books/OL11617410M/The_SS_Family
                  Last edited by Thälmannpionier; 04-06-2011, 05:53 PM.

Comment

The SS-Family book was first introduced by Fritz Weitzel within "his" SS-Oberabschnitt West with headquarter in Düsseldorf.

Finally it was for the whole SS within the Reich and there are different versions of the book known - one with a foreword stating that Fritz Weitzel was killed in action in summer of 1940.

That issue was printed in Prag and is dedicated for the SS-families in Böhmen and Mähren.

Interestingly enough: the pics showing the Jul-und SS-Ecke (Yule- and SS corner) and the SS cultural items in that issue from late 1940 are described in the same way BUT instead of only mentioning Düsseldorf as the city where the Deutsches Heimatwerk shop is located and the SS cultural pieces can be ordered and received from also the Deutsches Heimatwerk shops in München and Salzburg are mentioned!

Why?

Practical reason: because these cities were the nearest to reach for the SS-families in Böhmen und Mähren.

Historical reason: since the first outcome of the SS-Family book in Düsseldorf the Deutsches Heimatwerk developed and opened shops not only for example in Berlin and München but since Austria being part of the Grossdeutsches Reich (formerly Deutsches Reich) also in Salzburg.

Comment

according to Kris Lindbloms site..I have a original SS Bread Plate to offer on the estand then!!!!
                      http://www.thirdreicharts.com/data/i...SS+Bread+Plate++

Comment

Originally posted by Thälmannpionier View Post
                        according to Kris Lindbloms site..I have a original SS Bread Plate to offer on the estand then!!!!
                        http://www.thirdreicharts.com/data/i...SS+Bread+Plate++
                        It very well could have been!

Comment

Exactly!

If some collectors and sellers don´t have a clue what these items represent it´s a chance for those in the know.

Comment

By the way:

If the potential buyer of this one wants to let it check in the mentioned institute for age determination - no problem, he just needs to pay the test, just about 100-150 Euros so not that bad.

You are the only one on WAF who has ever mentioned this wood test, and you are the only one to have demanded others have their items tested, yet...you have not ever shown us the results of a single test.
                            And now you say you wont have anything of yours that you are selling be tested, unless someone else pays for it?

AS I see it, the one who demands others have this test done must be the one to lead the way ( which is you) And you must have the test done with your own money. Otherwise how will they ever get their money back?
                            And anyone who goes along with you on this in the future will have to demand photos of the item at the moment it is being tested , and have the testers write out an official document describing what item was tested.
                            No can be too careful around here.

I really enjoy WAF again, ....I am really enjoying my life, especially as so many others now know what is going on around here.
                            Have a great day

Comment

Any luck with info on these guys?
                              Originally posted by RD Rygaard View Post
                              ok weve now had over 1300 replies to this thread. There is debate over what is SS & what is "Volkish art" Its hard to tie down what is pre III rd Reich, 1933-1945, and post war pieces in many cases with wartime makers producing some designs/items that cover all 3 eras. Now, I hate to add fuel to the BONFIRE (lol) but sit back and enjoy the heat! (after reading this scroll up for 4 pages and be ready to be shocked & amazed) I obtained these items upon my uncles death in 1987. They had been in my family since the early 60s Originally they were a set of 4. I still have 2 in my collection. 1 went to the best man at my wedding on his wedding day. The other I traded with a very dear friend in Germany. This was completed by 1991. (I can still acct for all 4 being in same hands) Now in 1998 (or 1999 monroeville pa Max show) I found another set sporting each a bogus brass dedication plate affixed to bottomstand along with 3 photos and a bogus "Wiking" cufftitle. I dont remember who were offering them but both had the bogus brass Wiking dedicated plaques,1 bogus "bookmark" Wiking cufftitle, and the 3 photos showed a few ncos standing outside a building with a huge sign out front reading "Heimat der Wikinger" (or something similar) and photos of the same smoking cigars inside the building around nicely arrainged armchairs with standing ashtrays (unable to make out if they were this design or not) The asking price was around $5,000.00. Now Ive HEARD that there are photos showing these though Ive never seen them. NOW.....
                              1) Has anyone any info on where these came from and what period?
                              2) Any photo proof (catalog, photo, etc) they are indeed Waffen SS?

I mean I absolutely adore them SS or not. But I seriously dont see any scandanavian country featuring the swastika on ANYTHING postwar & safe to say these are european in manufacture. If not SS are they NS period Volkart or even German? And after this long post I will add there are no markings or dates anywhere to be found enjoy!

Comment

Michael,

It is a pleasure to see you happy again!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 178 users online. 0 members and 178 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X