X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry guys, but this looks like ultimate witch-hunt...Me don't likeee:-(

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Fay View Post
      You think gifted fakers who sell fake items as authentic SS items should be treated nicely on WAF?
      try that on any forum on WAF.
      By the way, you say you "dont know this chap"...so why are on Thorston B.'s profile page and listed as his friend ?
      That seems like lying
      i said i dont know him, ive bought from him and added as a friend, dont we all? i dont appreciate being called a liar. this thread and attack on me is the reason ive posted 900 odd times in 8 yrs, this whole forum looks ugly at present

Comment

Originally posted by Dedman View Post

indeed sir, im out, didnt post for 2 yrs purely cos of this, im out,no longer posting,just buying,

Comment

Originally posted by Dedman View Post
          I give credit were credit is due, including to Thorsten when he has showed a good piece as I have done in the past, but if it's a witch-hunt now it's because he has been wielding his magic in the open. I'm utterly amazed that something obviously wrong like this just goes unquestioned on a forum of collectors: http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...postcount=1434

Comment

Your jealousy seems to know no limits.

What exactly do you want to reveal with that comment of yours?

Please let us be part of your investigative prowess.
            Last edited by Thorsten B.; 03-29-2012, 01:28 PM. Reason: Investigative journalism

Comment

So is the plate fake or real if its fake them why is it fake?

Best
              John

Comment

Originally posted by Minnesinger View Post
                I give credit were credit is due, including to Thorsten when he has showed a good piece as I have done in the past, but if it's a witch-hunt now it's because he has been wielding his magic in the open. I'm utterly amazed that something obviously wrong like this just goes unquestioned on a forum of collectors: http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...postcount=1434
                I agree, If Thorsten really believes this item is real then I am sorry, but for me he loses all credibility I have watched his items ever since I joined this forum and I just used to shake my head and ignore what was going on But this forum is awash with storys of fakery and trickery and this needs to be stopped in its tracks, because it wont be too long before certain dubious items become accepted as legitimate, which eventually will destroy the hobby It is up to us to keep on top of these items for the sake of the future collectors and also for the credibility of this forum !
                Last edited by Tobysauer; 03-29-2012, 03:04 PM.

Comment

To which item are you refering to?

My offered original Reichsnährstand plate?

Or to the original DHW Nr. 90 visable on the pic I shared within this thread and to which member Minnesinger seems to refer to?

Either way:

They are both fine original and extremely rare pieces of SS culture.
                  Last edited by Thorsten B.; 03-29-2012, 02:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Thorsten B. View Post
                    To which item are you refering to?

My offered original Reichsnährstand plate?

Or to the original DHW Nr. 90 visable on the pic I shared within this thread and to which member Minnesinger seems to refer to?

Either way:

They are both fine original and extremely rare pieces of SS culture.
                    If you believe the plate is original, then It puts into question your knowledge of genuine period items.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Tobysauer View Post
                        I agree, If Thorsten really believes this item is real then I am sorry, but for me he loses all credibility I have watched his items ever since I joined this forum and I just used to shake my head and ignore what was going on But this forum is awash with storys of fakery and trickery and this needs to be stopped in its tracks, because it wont be too long before certain dubious items become accepted as legitimate, which eventually will destroy the hobby It is up to us to keep on top of these items for the sake of the future collectors and also for the credibility of this forum !
                        I have said my piece (above) now it is time for me to walk away. Life is too short I was in the Antique trade for a number of years before becoming an arborist (strange I am still working with wood!)and I know all the scams/tricks of the trade imaginable I quickly learnt my way through the minefield of Antique buying and selling and can now spot something dodgy a mile off I also used to restore my own furniture and that of other dealers and private customers, I specialized in traditional Welsh items of furniture (including plates )
                        I have had my say, so I now take my leave, Regards Toby.

Comment

In one of his photos in the woodshop you can see an anrichte with a aufsatz on top. Thorsten claims it's a DWH with a DHW schrank put on top. I say it is/was a modification in progress. You can also see a pile of carved wooden plates in the same series of photos.
                          Daniel,

Sorry, you are completely wrong here. It's not a fake piece, as you call it 'modification in progress'.

How you can come to that conclusion from looking at a phone picture is beyond me.

It's a genuine piece of DHW furniture, modified post war to become a functional utility piece.

Comment

As I understand it's just a little union of craftsmen of various sorts, but they aren't alone, and thats the whole point There are many places that make very similar pieces, and used pieces are abundant on both ebay and antiquestores/fleemarkets. My point is that all you need to do is find something that is close to the original, and that isn't too hard, and make minor modifications to it. That would explain why the back of Thorstens chair doesn't match the original on old photos.

In one of his photos in the woodshop you can see an anrichte with a aufsatz on top. Thorsten claims it's a DWH with a DHW schrank put on top. I say it is/was a modification in progress. You can also see a pile of carved wooden plates in the same series of photos.

My favorite from the series is the one with "cut feet". Notice how the door on it doesn't even open the same way as the original piece. Guess they changed that too while they were going at it with the saw huh? The truth is it used to have three doors. The one on the left opening left and the middle and right opening right. You can see the trace of them in the upper right corner still even though removed to look like a DHW piece.
                            Daniel,

Your last paragraph is as wrong as your second.

So it had three doors originally? You have no way of knowing that. It's more likely it had doors added in my opinion, to make it a fit for purpose utility piece post war, but note I'm not stating as factual truth as you claim with respect to your statement of it having three doors originally.

What sits there I have little doubt is a genuine DHW piece, whether the door goes one way or the other. You will note the ironware is correctly positioned.

Comment

Originally posted by Thälmannpionier View Post
                              or do you meant the male version is sold?
                              i was looking at the sameone, it appears either the female rider was pulled from the website by owner or sold

Comment

Originally posted by PHILBROWN View Post
                                i said i dont know him, ive bought from him and added as a friend, dont we all? i dont appreciate being called a liar. this thread and attack on me is the reason ive posted 900 odd times in 8 yrs, this whole forum looks ugly at present

I dont appreciate your lying that you did "not know the chap."
                                You said you dont know him, yet had yourself listed as a friend-meaning you KNEW him and now you also declare having done business with him.
                                So if you dont like "liar" which is only describing a stark fact with a strong word, how about "deliberate misrepresentor of facts."

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 76 users online. 0 members and 76 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X