• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Couple of snaps from Wewelsburg

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Do I see that correct.Did they really paint the door with a purple/pink paint.Is that yet another german way of dealing with the past

pc idiots

Comment

Originally posted by Etienne B. View Post
          Do I see that correct.Did they really paint the door with a purple/pink paint.Is that yet another german way of dealing with the past

pc idiots
          Yes, purple rings!

Comment

A little corner of the room, a DHW Truhe-Anrichte. For me these pieces have a timeless appeal, it looks very comfortable sat there. Many of the pieces were offered with standard fittings and at additional cost the pieces were available customised with tree pattern hinges. I like both the clean lines of the standard pattern and the more rustic looking tree pattern ironware. Every part of it is of course in beautiful oak.

A little shabby when acquired but a clean and wax has brought back it beauty.
            Attached Files

Comment

Dear Steve,

Amazing display!!

Best regards,

Rene

Comment

Impressive Steve!

Comment

Stunning!

Comment

Goodness. That's some stunning piece of cultural furniture!

Mil

Comment

Steve,

Beautiful items and a fine corner you have!

Congrats.

Comment

Thanks all, glad you like the picture.

That last picture was of a piece that was in very good original condition. All it needed was a clean in a white spirit/linseed oil mix and then a good wax.

I'll show you another one, before and after pictures this time. This one was in a nasty state, someone had given it a real poor quality coat of horrible dark varnish at some point in its life.

I've nearly completed it. I don't want to restore it too much, just take off its scruffy coat and put another one on to match how it would have looked, so, I scraped off all the varnish very carefully and wiped in solvent to get any residuals after the scraping. No sand paper at all. This piece was as far as I can tell just finshed in a light shellac coat, like the one I show above. This one shows its original coat under the hinges and fittings, the coat of the dark varnish was splashed over everything including the hinges but the fittings masked some areas.

I just have to dull off its new shellac and give it a coat of Renaisance Wax. I'll show a picture of it finished tomorrow
                        Attached Files

Comment

OK, the 'after' picture. I think its turned out quite nice. At some point in its history, before the dark varnish it was forced open and you can see marks where this has happened where the doors join. I don't have the expertise to effect an invisible repair so I've left this for the time being. I may not even do it later, its part of its history and really doesn't bother me, it just makes me wonder, when, who and what was inside!
                          Attached Files

Comment

Very nice job steve ! Looks great

Comment

I didn't think it could get any better and there it is! Beautiful. A piece to be proud of Steve.

Comment

Excellent job, Steve.

I'm loving this new project of yours!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X