X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chen View Post
    Martin,
    Very nice looking picture you posted.
    Agree and look forward to your future post. I see a nice hint behind the statue!

I always wondered if these statues were sold to the public or were presentation pieces like the SS dedicated one that I posted for a friend.

Comment

For anyone who is interested,there is a Mahnmahl monument statue up for sale on the Ulric site. A tad on the expensive side but it is attributed.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin M. View Post
        For anyone who is interested,there is a Mahnmahl monument statue up for sale on the Ulric site. A tad on the expensive side but it is attributed.
        A nice original and the first time that I have seen one numbered. I have seen a few with presentation plates though.
        Not sure where Ulric got his information on that the statues were available to BO holders but it could have been possible.

Comment

He seems to have removed it , how much was it and any photos? Ok seen it, looks Like one digit too much price wise!!!!
          Last edited by Jon Fish; 04-09-2015, 01:29 PM.

Comment

That's a piece I've wanted for decades...but it sounds as though the price put it out of my reach, without even seeing it!

Br. James

Comment

Holy mackerel !

http://www.ulricofengland.com/prodsh..._/g007818.html

Blood Order Bronze Non-Portable Award - Numbered.
              Blood Order bronze non-portable award for sale. The bronze plaque depicting the memorial at the Feldherrnhalle. Eagle/swastika sitting on the plaque bearing the names of all those members who lost their lives during the 9th November 1923 Putsch. The bronze mounted to the typical dark marble base. The reverse with numbered cartouche to the marble base (693). Size: 15cm high.
              Condition report: The bronze in overall excellent condition, free from any major damage, scratches or dents. The marble remaining clean and free from chips.
              Note: The non-portable award was optional for all those who had been awarded the Blood Order Medal. Undoubtedly an expensive option, as few are known to exist post-war.
              Additional notes: Blood Order number '693' was awarded to Georg Seidl, SA-Regiment MĂ¼nchen, 9.Kompanie.
              Further reading: See Inside the Allgemeine-SS page 281.

Price:
              £8,750.00

Comment

Price

Wow!! Almost 13 Thousand Bucks! That's amazing. Butch

Comment

Question is, will it sell at that price? Seems a bit steep. I know there are few around, but it seems to carry less significance than some other political items such as a BO or the Coburg Badge. I've never heard the story before that these were optional items for the BO winners and therefore carrying their number. Has this actually been substantiated? I suppose almost anything could be considered optional, but does this mean they were the only ones who had the option of getting one?
                  Richard V

Comment

A bit steep?. The man is a crack head, its the only logical explanation and he has been doing this for years. I have 10 year old catalogs of his when he was triple retail, and he was coming to the U.S to buy back then at a 60-70% currency premium. These don't sell at those numbers and anyone can apply a number to anything, maybe its a B.O #, maybe its his pick 3 lottery ticket.

Comment

Interestingly, he refers to the statue as being bronze, whereas every example I've seen has been made of a zinc alloy, aka pot metal, with a bronze finish. If this one is actually bronze, and if it's original, then I could see a premium price being paid. If it's the normal bronzed version, though, IMO the price is astounding. Bottom line, though, is anyone can ask any price for something they're selling. It's up to the customer to buy it or move on.
                      I'm curious as well about the BO connection. I've never seen any documentation or even any suggestion that the statues and the BO might have a direct relationship. It's plausible that a BO Träger would have a plaque with his number attached to the statue, but it would be very interesting to know whether this was officially decreed or just done on a individual's volition.
                      Erich
                      Festina lente!

Comment

Just a side issue,
                        1. is the guy ( marked by yellow arrow) the same person?
                        2. what is the name of the one (marked by red arrow)?
                        Thanks.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Yellow arrow looks like Rosenberg.
                          Erich
                          Festina lente!

Comment

It looks to be the same person in both photographs and it looks like Alfred Rosenberg.
                            Back to the Mahmal piece. Did anyone contact the seller and asked where the connection with BO comes from? That is a bold statement so I presume there is some info to be publicized behind it. Either that or someone laced his fish&chips with something optimistic.
                            Either way, probably something worth sending an email about for those collecting the pieces.

cheers

Matt

Comment

Originally posted by Erich B. View Post
                              Yellow arrow looks like Rosenberg.
                              Erich
                              Erich,
                              Thanks.
                              Any idea of the one marked by red arrow?

Comment

Yes, I saw the one that Ulric had offered. Some years ago Ulric offered me a Mahnmal desk piece at 7k but I politely declined. These are very rare to get, and in my years of collecting, I have only seen John Peppera's Onyx being offered to me. it now resides in someone else's collection.

Mil

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 3 users online. 0 members and 3 guests.

Most users ever online was 9,823 at 04:29 PM on Today.

Working...
                                X