• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jon Fish View Post
    Its the classic black marble with the white fleck
    Impressive piece and photoshopping !

Comment

Very nice and the marble base and statue is just like you like to seem them.

Comment

Marble Difference

I wonder why some of these have a Black base and others like mine have the White?
        All the Best, Butch

Comment

About 99% of these statues that I have seen have the black marble with white veining bases. Some of the others might have had their bases possibly replaced along the way.

Comment

Originally posted by Butch Gooch View Post
            I wonder why some of these have a Black base and others like mine have the White?
            All the Best, Butch
            Got pics?

Comment

Originally posted by ErichS View Post
              About 99% of these statues that I have seen have the black marble with white veining bases. Some of the others might have had their bases possibly replaced along the way.
              Erich,
              I think so too.

Comment

I have seen 12 ( up to Sept. 21, 2015) so far:
                Black marble base: 7( including Fish's one)
                Green marble base: 1
                White marble base: 2
                Nil base: 2

Comment

Originally posted by ErichS View Post
                  Originally posted by chen View Post
                  Erich,
                  I think so too.
                  The green marble base is original to the piece.

Comment

Mine has a black base also.
                    Erich
                    Festina lente!

Comment

In general they are fairly consistent but its not a lock and you can have variant bases on statues, best to take them one by one as there are representative pieces that are found with different bases that are to the piece. A couple green ones out there and white is possible.

Comment

White Base

Originally posted by J. Wraith View Post
                        Got pics?
                        Mine with it's white Base is shown on Page 25 of this thread. Butch

Comment

White Base

Originally posted by J. Wraith View Post
                          In general they are fairly consistent but its not a lock and you can have variant bases on statues, best to take them one by one as there are representative pieces that are found with different bases that are to the piece. A couple green ones out there and white is possible.
                          I'd say that a White Base is very possible! Butch

Comment

I'd say that a White Base is very possible! Butch
                            Butch,

Its possible but there is some consistency in the marble used as well and that may very well be a replaceemnt base. Still a nice piece and fairly rare, underside may lock it up and you shot front and rear only.

Comment

Pictures

Well Actually..These pictures are the "Dealer's shots that were on his website. I have taken some pictures but at the time I had "Linux" that was confusing to use. Now that I have another Program maybe I can get some on here. Butch

Comment

More on Statue

Well Actually..These pictures are the "Dealer's shots that were on his website. I have taken some pictures but at the time I had "Linux" that was confusing to use. Now that I have another Program maybe I can get some on here. Butch
                                Well in addition to what's above. The Bottom of my piece has Felt on it, and I'm NOT taking it off for anything I can think of. So, Whatever it is..it is.Butch

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X