Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Indeed a spectacular card, Erich; I too have an example in my collection. It captures the cult worship sense that the Feldherrnhalle and the Temples of Honor conveyed in their time.

Cheers to you, my friend,

Br. James

Comment

James,
      One more of my favorites.
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by ErichS View Post
        James,
        One more of my favorites.
        Wonderful display Mike, everything here is outstanding, and laid out well. Erichs postcards sure make a statement of reverence that reflects the events great importance at that time in the reich. Thanks for including the postcards Chen, its an honor to contribute to this historic thread.

Comment

Originally posted by ErichS View Post
          Yes, it's that time of year again!
          It seems to come earlier and earlier every year!
          Erich
          Festina lente!

Comment

Hi Chen, thanks for again showing the photo of Professor Kurt Schmid-Ehmen sculpting the eagle.
            Jon Fish "This work of 1933 and the 1934 Hoheitszeichen Reichsparteitagsgelände, which Hitler personally appointed Schmid-Ehmen to design for the grandstand of the Luitpold Arena in the Reich Party Rally Grounds Nuremburg are surely his most well known works"
            This is how his wife Hetty Schmid-Ehmen in 1983 remembered the event:
            Attached Files

Comment

And of course the "Paris" piece, World Exhibition Grand Prix winner 1937...
              Attached Files

Comment

Wonderful documentation from Frau Hetty Schmid-Ehmen! Does anyone know where that giant Hoheitsadler from atop the German Pavilion at the '37 World Exhibition in Paris finally wound up?

Br. James

Comment

Michael,

Could you post a photo of all your Nuremberg eagles as a group shot, please? Would really love to see your collection. Happy to PM.

Mil

Comment

"Wonderful documentation from Frau Hetty Schmid-Ehmen! Does anyone know where that giant Hoheitsadler from atop the German Pavilion at the '37 World Exhibition in Paris finally wound up?

Br. James"
                    At 9 metres tall it would not be something one could "hide away", I also have not seen any photos of the eagle being dismantled. One would imagine it would be farly fragile - plenty of photos of it being constructed out of gilted plaster,

Mil, I would be embarressed to show my couple of Nuremberg eagles next to your extensive eagle collection. I know you have a whole "bucket-full" of Nuremberg birds ...
                    Attached Files

Comment

Great photos of this giant eagle under construction...many thanks, Michael! I've not seen those before. From the photo of the building's facade under construction, showing the inner framework which supported the bird, much like that inside the Statue of Liberty, it would seem quite unlikely that the eagle topper would have been moved as a single piece or that it could have been disassembled and put back together somewhere else. And if it was constructed of "gilted plaster" and sitting so high atop the building's tower, it must not have been conceived to be a sculpture intended to last a long time, especially given weather and wind considerations.

Many thanks again, my friend,

Br. James

Comment

These are a few photo's of a 6 leaf fold out of a 1937 presentation mailer.

Comment

Great Photos of the 1937 Presentation Mailer - love the photo of Adler von Kurt Schmid-Ehmen, thanks for posting.

Comment

Here are some more photos of the Paris Exhibition Eagle...
                            Attached Files

Comment

and next to the Eifel Tower.. and looked nice in Color...
                              Attached Files

Comment

But lets not forget the construction of the Luitpold Eagles....
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 6 users online. 0 members and 6 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                                X