Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jeff Clark of the Uniforms of the NSDAP website has one for sale right now...

follow this link to see it...

Comment

Re the plaque on the base--it appears to have an error unless I'm mistaken.
      Erich
      Festina lente!

Comment

Already sold.

Comment

The name plaque underneath does look very crude, agree with ErichB

Comment

That thing was sold by a picker on setup for a song, its the best example seen and the plaque is totally proper and never even mentioned or looked at until a later date.
            Last edited by J. Wraith; 12-02-2015, 01:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Fish View Post
              The name plaque underneath does look very crude, agree with ErichB
              You do not really know what your talking about here, do you?. If I want to know about a Blood Order you would probably be the guy I would look at or at least one of them, but that is where your area of study is. You should learn to talk about things you know instead of foaming at the mouth with this comment. How many of these have you owned John? how many plaques have you looked at?. I mean really. Is this a "Me Too" opinion? follow the Mod?.

Now enlighten us all to what your comment means and how you are drawing your conclusions so that I do not sound as though I am trying to stifle you like the poor guy who saw over spray on a helmet. Please explain your issue in its entirety so that we can all learn how smart you are on plaques in addition to Blood Orden. You guys want to piss on things and I understand that but you need to be right, so let me part the Red Sea for you here so I can have the benefit of your knowledge of dedication plaques and what they should look like. Speak up!! bring on the John Madden Circles and the Tablets of the Gods Moses.
              Last edited by J. Wraith; 12-02-2015, 01:28 PM.

Comment

Sorry, I have little idea what most of your post is in relation to?
                I'm not going to answer the post in its entirety as I'm far to busy foaming at the mouth to do so. I have seen 3 of these in the flesh and maybe 6 or 7 in images, I own one.
                My comment was the dedication stuck on plaque looked crude, that's my opinion and am I not entitled to that, expert on these or not.
                That's all I have to say, enjoy your afternoon.

Comment

Originally posted by J. Wraith
                  Ground breaking, thank you so much. Down the road when you lose a Blood Order deal, think of me because everything has a price tag. Not exactly the step up I was looking for. ;o)
                  Sorry you feel that way. I'm pretty confident my Karma is in the plus zone, believe it or not I do also help people out time to time
                  Have a nice evening

Comment

My comment was based on the inscription itself--the plaque reads "Das Führerkorps des SS Sturmbann I/28 26. 9. 1936". I believe it should read "Das Führerkorps des SS Sturmbanns I/28" or " ....SS Sturmbannes I/28". I have no doubts about the statue or base itself--the piece looks 100% fine. It's only the plaque that is an issue.
                    Erich
                    Festina lente!

Comment

Originally posted by Erich B. View Post
                      My comment was based on the inscription itself--the plaque reads "Das Führerkorps des SS Sturmbann I/28 26. 9. 1936". I believe it should read "Das Führerkorps des SS Sturmbanns I/28" or " ....SS Sturmbannes I/28". I have no doubts about the statue or base itself--the piece looks 100% fine. It's only the plaque that is an issue.
                      Erich
                      Erich,

There are probably 700 arguments on these forums over language usage and what should and should not be, several of which I have posted period reference to in catalog form personally and debunked, others never get settled. To be honest I rarely even bother with the argument. You know as well as I do there is no set norm and deviations can be and are often encountered.
                      Last edited by J. Wraith; 12-08-2015, 08:12 PM.

Comment

Is this b/w photo showing the real 1:1 status or just a model ?( A period photo is attached)
                        What kind of material is the stepping stone( travertine stone?)
                        Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Hi Chen,

IMO the photo of the Mahnmal you provided is of a model of the completed project -- possibly made by Prof. Schmid-Ehmen, who executed Prof. Troost's designs for the memorial monument. While I'm not certain that I've ever read what exact material the base of the Mahnmal was made of, my presumption is that the base was constructed to look like it had always been a part of the Feldherrnhalle, of the same stone material. Could the building have been constructed of granite? The two great lions flanking the main staircase of the FHH onto the Odeonsplatz were sculpted of white marble, enabling the lions to stand out against the building itself, which is of darker material, so my thought is that the base of the Mahnmal was also of granite. But I look forward to correction!

Br. James

Comment

Originally posted by Br. James View Post
                              Hi Chen,

IMO the photo of the Mahnmal you provided is of a model of the completed project -- possibly made by Prof. Schmid-Ehmen, who executed Prof. Troost's designs for the memorial monument. While I'm not certain that I've ever read what exact material the base of the Mahnmal was made of, my presumption is that the base was constructed to look like it had always been a part of the Feldherrnhalle, of the same stone material. Could the building have been constructed of granite? The two great lions flanking the main staircase of the FHH onto the Odeonsplatz were sculpted of white marble, enabling the lions to stand out against the building itself, which is of darker material, so my thought is that the base of the Mahnmal was also of granite. But I look forward to correction!

Br. James
                              Br. James,
                              I think you are right. Granite.
                              Attached Files

Comment

I don't think granite. The porous pits in between the material seem to be material that has either some crystals or dissolved material; or perhaps the calcification process. I would think some form of limestone or carbonate material. I'm no expert but this is just my guess. I doubt Granite. Marble maybe.

Mil

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X