No announcement yet.

Post your "translation needed" here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Could someone please translate which orders and wards are notated here? MANY thanx!

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Powell View Post
      Could someone please translate which orders and wards are notated here? MANY thanx!

• E.M. = Erinnerungsmedaille, which is the Prussian 1897 Centenary Medal
      • M.Schw.E.M. = should be Mecklenburg-Schwerinsches Ehrenmedaille für opferwillige Hülfe in Wassersnot, the 1888 Elbe Flood medal.
      • M.G.F.F.III. = 1897 Mecklenburg-Schwerinsches Gedächtnismedaille für Friedrich Franz III

Do these fit the timeframe of your document?

Regards,
      Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Danner View Post
        • E.M. = Erinnerungsmedaille, which is the Prussian 1897 Centenary Medal
        • M.Schw.E.M. = should be Mecklenburg-Schwerinsches Ehrenmedaille für opferwillige Hülfe in Wassersnot, the 1888 Elbe Flood medal.
        • M.G.F.F.III. = 1897 Mecklenburg-Schwerinsches Gedächtnismedaille für Friedrich Franz III

Do these fit the timeframe of your document?

Regards,
        Dave
        Wow thanx Dave,fits PERFECTLY in the timeframe of the soldiers service. Thank you VERY VERY much

Comment

Translation help please

Hi guys,

I was wondering if someone could have a look at the German on the back of a recent purchase of mine, here is the link:

http://forum.axishistory.com/viewtop...?f=50&t=191834

I believe it says

"(unreadable) gruesst (unreadable) in der Mundart 17 Kompanie"

Is this correct?

Thanks for any help
          Steve

Comment

Two documents...

Trying to get a brief summary of what these two documents are... I know the first one is some sort of RECOGNITION document but for what? ...and the 2nd doc. I have no idea... any help greatly appreciated. DP

Comment

# 4483

1) Recognition document because the student was very busy in collecting scrap metal. To him was also dedicated a book donation.

2) Membership card allotment garden association "Dwars Weg" Rostock.
              This assiciation is still working today:

http://www.firmenwissen.de/az/firmen...KEN_FRIES.html

Gerdan

Comment

# 4482

Isn´t it "groesste" and "Standarte", Steve?

Comment

Hello!

I need help with these words, any idea?

And with this Hauptmann? Anyone know who is?

Many thanks

Best regards.

Comment

# 4486

1) " 1. Dezember 1941 "

2) "kath."(olisch) catholic - "led."(ig) - single - "Schuhmacher" - shoemaker

"länglich" - longish/elongated - "Brillenträger" - spectacles wearer

3) ?

Gerdan

Comment

# 4486
                      The entry under Gestalt is schlank, "thin" or "lanky".

Comment

Thank you very much Gerdan & Dave Danner. I was able to decrypt the Soldbuch, but I resisted these words. Good job for both!
                        Now to see if anyone helps me with the signature of Hauptmann...

Regards!

Comment

The name of the Hauptmann is starting with " Dr. " His family name could start with " L... "

Gerdan

Comment

It could be Dr. Lutchuz?....

Originally posted by Gerdan View Post
                            The name of the Hauptmann is starting with " Dr. " His family name could start with " L... "

Gerdan

Comment

Frank,

sorry, but "Lutchuz" is not a name existing in Germany, nor in the recent German phone book nor

in the Volksbund list and I did nout find him in the catalogue of the German National Library where

his doctoral thesis/dissertation should be listed.

Gerdan

Comment

Thank You Gerdan!

Originally posted by gerdan View Post
                                # 4483
                                1) recognition document because the student was very busy in collecting scrap metal. To him was also dedicated a book donation.
                                2) membership card allotment garden association "dwars weg" rostock.
                                This assiciation is still working today:
                                http://www.firmenwissen.de/az/firmen...ken_fries.html
                                gerdan

thank you gerdan for all your professional and excellent help!!
                                You are the best!!
                                Dp

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 71 users online. 0 members and 71 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X