No announcement yet.

Post your unknown unit and or tactical emblem photos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This one looks very much like the symbol for Pz.Abt.z.b.V.40. Weren't they in Norway?
    Attached Files

Comment

The Matford truck at right has a triangle in a square on its right fender and a faint emblem for 296 Inf. Division on its left fender.
      Attached Files

Comment

Closeup of French Matford truck.
        Attached Files

Comment

The sidecar has a 6-pointed star emblem on it. The only symbol that I could find that was close was the symbol for MG Btl. 10. Any ideas?
          Attached Files

Comment

Nice collection Larry!!

Comment

Larry, great photos! I take these are from that new album you were telling me about?
              Here is a new pickup. A Luftwaffe drivers school vehicle with emblem.
              Attached Files

Comment

Hello guys,
                Here is another one. It looks like a (polar) bear in a half circle. Any ideas?

Comment

Originally posted by R MICHAEL View Post
                  Larry, great photos! I take these are from that new album you were telling me about?
                  Here is a new pickup. A Luftwaffe drivers school vehicle with emblem.
                  Hi Mike

Yes they are from my latest album. I noticed that a lot of the queries in this thread go unanswered. There are so many symbols that are unknown and this makes it quite difficult to find specific units a vehicle belonged to.

Take my album for instance. It is a Sanitats album and the former owner was an ambulance driver. There are many different symbols on vehicles in the album but a lot of the ambulances had the same symbol on them.

Here's three vehicle photos with a "V" symbol with a dot in the top centre on their left fenders.

I posted one of these symbols in my last post but it seems no-one knows what it is.

Cheers
                  Larry
                  Attached Files

Comment

Larry, yes unfortunatley there were a lot of info destroyed at the end of the war and therefore many unkown emblems. I felt that this thread would at least be repository of emblems known and unkown.
                    Any way On your emblem I feel it is a tactical emblem relating to field hospital. I know I have a reference at home and will check later tonight. take care my friend. Mike

Larry, just realised that you weren't talking about the triangle emblem. Trying to pay to much attention to my job while I am on the WAF..lol Sorry mate. Mike
                    Last edited by R MICHAEL; 09-18-2006, 09:26 AM. Reason: dooohhh moment

Comment

Sign is..

The "V" sign belongs to 20 Inf Div (mot).

Comment

Hello Richard,

Thankyou for the identification of my symbol.

Cheers,

Larry

Comment

hello richard,
                          any release date for your book on TKZ yet?
                          werner

Comment

Richard, Thank you for sharing your knowledge here on this thread it is greatly appreciated! Please put me on the list for your upcoming book.

Here is what I feel is a tactical symbol or maybe a combination of two? Anyway it is on a Luftwaffe LkW so any opinions are welcome.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Hi Mike,

your symbol is for a Antiaircraft searchlight Battery. There seems to be a "F" superimposed over the bottom half.

Here's the symbol.

Cheers

Larry
                              Attached Files

Comment

Larry, thanks so much! I coulnd't find that one in my one reference book. thanks again Mike

Oh by the by I have a new album from a fellow that served in the 14 Pz Div. a fair bit of PkW's and Lkw's that I may be posting ove the next week or so.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 31 users online. 0 members and 31 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X