MilitariaRelicts

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Post your unidintified vehicle photos here.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Göran:

Sorry, motorcycles are out of my line of research.

Regarding the "Swedish Touch", I worked for Volvo and SAAB-Scania from 1968 to 1991.

During my time with Volvo, I was based in Sweden for two years, Peru for two years and Canada for 1 1/2 years.

One of my major goals in taking these assignments overseas was to really live the life of the country to the extent that I could. In Sweden, we lived in Lerum, outside of Göteborg, in a totally Swedish community. All of our neighbours were more than helpful to help us learn Swedish as were my mates at Volvo's head office. During our first summer semester, my wife, my three children and I spent the entire time way in the North of Sweden where English was not so common and came back able to at least survive in Swedish. Got pretty good at it by the time we left.

I still belong to a few Swedish language websites to try to keep up my language skills.

We did the same thing in Peru and all of us speak reasonably good Spanish.

Same routine in Canada, we lived in the countryside about 80 km outside of Toronto amidst "Real Canadians". That allowed me to continue to perfect my "British English" and of course I learned how to drink real beer, lots of it.

During my time with SAAB-Scania, I held national level VP positions and since I was an Anglo that also spoke Swedish I got to take all the dealers from English speaking countries on the dealer trips to Sweden so even though I was based in the US, I spent maybe 2-3 months out of the year in Sweden.

Det var nog när det gäller min "Swedish Connection"

Please post any more photos of vehicles you need identified here and I will do my best to help out. I note that the three you posted were of SS vehicles, is that your field of interest??

Cheers

Bill

Comment

Bike

Hi Göran,

I think your bike is a German made Triumph, possibly a B 200 or 6/1 model, not sure of the exact type, but pretty sure it is a Triumph.

Motorbikes are tough to ID...

Cheers
      Steve

Comment

Hi Bill

Interesting story you have there, must have been exciting to travel around, beeing paid for it, and get the opportunity to see and meet other cultures and people. Not to mention the benefits of learning different languages, even though Swedish is not the most useful language to know...

Om du vill kan du skicka privat mail till mig så kan vi skriva lite på svenska.

I will for certain post some more pics of, for me, URO.

I´m a photo and paper collector with the main field of interest SS.

Thanks again Bill for contributing with your amazing skills about vehicles!

Steve, thanks for your comment, I would also have guessed for a Triumph and the model could be like you say.

Cheers
        Göran

Comment

Some more to be indentified...
          Attached Files

Comment

and last an mc...
            Attached Files

Comment

Hi Göran:

Your three vehicle shots are all of a Tatra T 57K (Kubel).

Another wartime photo is attached.

Cheers
              Bill
              Attached Files

Comment

Motorbike

Hi there,

The motorbike appears to me to be a BMW R12, the later military version of the vehicle, not with the civilian style front mudguard.

Cheers
                Steve

Comment

Hello! Looking for some assistance with identification these 5 cars, here they are.

THanks for looking!

Best regards,
                  Alexander

Comment

#2 (is this Kfz 15?)

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Cars

Hi

The cars in 2, 4 and 5 are all the same type: leichte Einheits-Pkw, built by Stoewer, Hanomag and BMW. Number 2 is actually a Kfz 2 radio car, not a Kfz 15.

The two cars in 3 are on the left Renault Primaquatre and on the right a Citroen 11CV, but might be variants of these types as I don't have my refs to hand.

Number 1 looks like the extremely rare Kuebelwagen version of the Adler Trumpf.

Cheers
                            steve
                            Last edited by S Ballantyne; 06-16-2011, 06:12 PM.

Comment

Hello,

Number 5 is mirror-inverted.

Number 1 is not an Adler! It is a Hanomag 4/23 PS Kübelwagen.

http://www.kfzderwehrmacht.de/Homepa...ubelwagen.html

Regards,

Holger.

http://www.kfzderwehrmacht.de

Comment

Steve and Holger thanks a lot!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 73 users online. 0 members and 73 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X