JR. on WAF - medamilitaria@gmail.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Post your unidintified vehicle photos here.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There are two vehicles to ID. Thanks in advance for any help!

Vehicle 1:

Comment

and #2

Comment

Hi Photo War:

I believe your first photo is an early Kfz.15 by Horch.

Second photo should be a German Ford 1937-1938 V-8 Bus.

Bill

Comment

Originally posted by Bill Murray View Post
          Hi Photo War:

I believe your first photo is an early Kfz.15 by Horch.

Second photo should be a German Ford 1937-1938 V-8 Bus.

Bill
          Bill thank you very much!

Comment

Here is an ever so slightly better photo of the bus.
            Bill
            Attached Files

Comment

Hello! It looks like a Horch but which model is this? Thanks for looking!

Comment

That, Sir, was a challenge. Two hours of research and I think I have it.

The best clues are the arrangement of the louvres in the side of the motor hood and the radiator mascot.

BTW, my field of research is 1935-1945 and I believe this car is from 1930 and I have little data/photos on earlier vehicles.

In any case, my best guess you can see below.
                Bill
                Attached Files

Comment

car

Hi Bill,

Well done! The louvres shouted Adler to me, but then when I couldn't find anything with the large hood ornament I gave up, after a paltry 30 minutes. I should have ploughed on to the two hour mark!

Cheers
                  Steve

Comment

Hi Stever:

I have not done so before, but let me here give you credit for taking up where I left off a couple of years ago.

Your ID instincts are spot on and very helpful to all of us here.

I should mention that I officially retired at age almost 71 from my retail shop on the 1st January (4th career for me and at 19 years the longest one) and I hope now to devote rather a bit more time to this hobby of researching soft skin vehicles of the period 1935-1945.

Of course, I must first go through the almost 4 page list that my Wife and live in Sister in Law have presented me of "Things you must do when you retire". I have been officially designated their "Man Slave", no reference to the subjects on this Forum, and I have to sneak on to the computer sometimes.

Thank goodness, we are experiencing one of our once in a decade snow storms here in Atlanta GA and the whole city is more or less paralyzed so I could spend a lot of time in research today.

The bad side of that is that I am a fairly heavy smoker and I just read yesterday that our State is wanting to raise the tax on cigarettes by about 60% which my Wife is giving me a bit of grief about.

At least the cost of Wine here is still cheap, so the world will not end.

Bill

Bill

Comment

Originally posted by Bill Murray View Post
                      That, Sir, was a challenge. Two hours of research and I think I have it.

The best clues are the arrangement of the louvres in the side of the motor hood and the radiator mascot.

BTW, my field of research is 1935-1945 and I believe this car is from 1930 and I have little data/photos on earlier vehicles.

In any case, my best guess you can see below.
                      Bill
                      Hello Bill!

Thank you very much for your time for research on this particular car!

Comment

Hi Alexander:

Glad to help out.

As you can see from my latest post, I hope to do this at a higher level, given that I am not an expert, just enthusiastic about the subject.

Bill

Comment

Happy

Hi Bill,

Happy retirement! My father in law had a similar list for when he retired, and managed to finish them all off in three weeks... although he wasn't snowed in with a plentiful supply of wine!

Thanks for your kind words, and of course thanks for all your invaluable help over the years, your broad knowledge of softskin vehicles is a resource I fully intend to continue tapping into.

Now, where's the next challenge...

Cheers
                          Steve

Comment

Hi Alexander, hi Bill, hi Steve,

in the book "Deutsche Autos 1920 - 1945" by Werner Oswald I think I´ve found the right type of this Adler car: Adler Standard 6 S Pullman-Limousine 1927. Bill, I´ll send You the pic. Maybe You can insert the pic here. Can You send me Your e-mail-adress, please? Thanks in advance.

Regards

Bert
                            Last edited by SIS 5; 01-11-2011, 01:54 AM.

Comment

Well Bert, while waiting I googled that model.
                              Result here.
                              Bill
                              Attached Files

Comment

And here is Bert's photo from the mentioned book.
                                Bill
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 90 users online. 0 members and 90 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X