UniformsNSDAP

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Post your unidintified vehicle photos here.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good Job Hans!!!!

Thanks for your help. This could be an interesting thread I think as most of us don't post what we cannot identify. I myself have probably 200+ that I am not sure of. If everyone pitches in, we can solve a lot of mysteries.

Thanks again.
    Bill

Comment

hi bill

your photo number 2 is a Wanderer W11 (3.0 L) 1937/1941.

patrick

Comment

bill, you are not alone me too i have many non identified véhicles

patrick

Comment

Hello
          I add a link to a picture posted for me by Bill Murray(thanks Bill M.)
          Hopefully someone can identify its kind.
          Any suggestions welcomed.
          lolle
          http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...ad.php?t=94695

Comment

Patrick:

Closest I can come is a Hanomag Sturm (early version) Gelaende-Sportwagen of the RW era.
            Bill

Comment

I am cheating a little bit here as I think I know the ID of the vehicle but I am hoping that others may have in their archives photos of this vehicle.

The better photo is of a Ford/Daf 91T and the second is of what we think is the same vehicle. As far as my Dutch friend and I know, these are the only photos we have ever seen of this vehicle and we are searching for more. If anyone can help, please do.
              This is the good photo
              Bill
              Attached Files

Comment

Sorry, my photo was 768 pixels and was not accepted. Will try again.
                Attached Files

Comment

Ford/Daf 91 T

Hi Bill ,the Ford/Daf 91T artillery tractor on your photos is a 6 seat 0pen cab with a large rear compartiment for ammunition and equipment.
                  My ( late ) friend Bart Vanderveen has weritten in the Wheels & Tracks No 33 a article of this type of car.
                  There is a pictorial evidence of at least one of these in German service on the Eastern front.

Comment

hi bill !

unfortunately I do not believe that is a hanomag sturm, several small details do not corespondent (hub of wheel, bumper, curve of roast radiator , etc...)
                    I sought already much, and I believe that it is not something so simple.
                    regards patrick

Comment

Morning Patrick:
                      You could be correct, of course, an unusual vehicle it is.
                      Here is a picture that I based my identification on which is in Speilberger's book on the motorization of the RW.
                      Bill
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by Bill Murray; 05-27-2005, 07:50 AM.

Comment

Here is another 1/2 ID question for you Dutchmen and Belgians.
                        I know this is a Ford of 1938/1939 and I know it is Dutch or Belgian, It is very similar to the Ford/Daf vehicles we have talked about a bit before, but note that it has full doors front and rear. It is the only photo I have ever seen of this vehicle and I would like to learn more about it and get a better photo if possible.
                        Thanks
                        Bill
                        Attached Files

Comment

Hello Bill,

What's the truck on the right? Possibly a Ford?

Larrister
                          Attached Files

Comment

Larrister, I believe your vehicle is an Opel Admiral as seen here in the book by Eckhart Bartels "Opel military Vehicles.

Bill
                            Attached Files

Comment

Yup, that's it. Thanks Bill Larrister

Comment

Here is another one I cannot ID. I long thought it was a Benz 3750 or 4500 but the louvres on the bonnet sides I have never seen on a Benz. Looks to be an impressed or requesitioned civilian vehicle. French, maybe?

Bill
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 78 users online. 0 members and 78 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X