oorlogsspullen

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Post your unidintified vehicle photos here.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bill Murray View Post
    Hi Brendan:

May I start by saying you should address me as Bill, not Mr. Murray.
    While I will celebrate my 68th birthday in 13 days, I don't need to be reminded of it.

Regarding your trailers again. Interesting it was in Karlsbad CZ. I am not up on the various German enclaves in countries surrounding Germany but the existence of Swastikas all over the place would seem to indicate the populace was either largely ethnic German or at least sympathetic to the German "invaders".

I post here a very poor photo of a similar German provisions trailer in use in Russia in 1941. I cannot positively identify it but according to a book I got today "German Infantry Carts, Army Field Wagons, Army Sleds, 1900-1945" by Wilfred Kopenhagen and published by Schiffer Publishing in the US as a translation of the original Podzun-Pallas Verlag book, it could be a medium or heavy field wagon.

According to this book, these wagons were made, as I said in my earlier post, up into the mid 1930s at least.

Bill
    They look nearly identicle! I think that was Pionier-Bataillon 88 in the photos I posted. Thanks Bill!

-Brendan

Comment

I hope somebody can id the car in front.
      The truck look very similar as the truck in post #264 posted by Larrister,
      1,5 ton Bussing-NAR type G31.

Thanks in advance, Erwin

vehicles.jpg

Comment

Hi Erwin

You are correct about the Bussing NAG truck.

Your car is a BMW 309 kubelwagen.

Here's a pic to compare.

Cheers,
        Larry
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Larrister View Post
          Hi Erwin

You are correct about the Bussing NAG truck.

Your car is a BMW 309 kubelwagen.

Here's a pic to compare.

Cheers,
          Larry

Hi Larry,

Thanks for the id.

Erwin

Comment

Does anyone have an idea about the truck in this photo? Also, what is your interpretation of the structure in the back? The photo is taken on a munition depot. The bank is in fact the top of a munition bunker. I'm writing a scientific report on a German execution place in Belgium, and this is from the only known German photograph from that place, so I'm very interested in your ideas. Thanks in advance for your help.
            Attached Files

Comment

Hi Tim:

Well, I wish you luck with an ID on that truck, not much to see there.

I guess, and it is only a guess, that it is possibly an ambulance and possibly French. I will keep looking for photos of the back of trucks, but I don't save them so have none in my data base.
              Bill

Comment

Truck ID

Hi,

Although there is not much to go on, I believe that the back of the truck belongs to a Skoda 256 B, ambulance version. The double line along the side of the vehicle is quite distinctive... not much else to go on.

Unit wise, I have no idea, the bear(?) head doesn't appear on any of my references.

Cheers
                Steve

Comment

Like this one, maybe??
                  Bill
                  Attached Files

Comment

Tim, does the unit symbol look like a wild bore (wild pig) rather than a bear?
                    Ian

Comment

Thanks a lot Steve and Bill for the identification. That double line indeed is quite distinctive and matches the photo Bill posted. Too bad this truck is quite rare (not much comparison material), and it was produced since 1939 (no help to date the photo).

Ian, indeed it looks like a wild bore to me.

Comment

Hi Tim:

Skoda 256B production started in 1939, so it is still a candidate I think. My photo was a factory photo of a truck delivered in 1943.

I am searching again for more photos of this truck.
                        Bill

Comment

Hi Bill,

I´ve had some problems with my computer and was interrupted from the net for a longer time. But now it´s great to be back. Fortunately I have passed not too much, I think.

Today I want to tell You my comment to a pic of a small truck You posted nearly two years ago, on the 05-05-06. I think I´ve found the type because the pic You can find in Bart Vanderveen´s "Historic Military Vehicles Directory" . Bart identified tis truck as a Rába AFe 1,5 to - truck.

Thank You for the excellent pic of the Skoda ambulance.

Regards

Bert

Comment

Hi Bert:

Welcome back. You are of course correct, although I did say I thought it was an Hungarian Austro Fiat which it is.

Here is another shot of a Skoda ambulance for you. Sorry it is a bit unclear, the original was very small.
                            Bill
                            Attached Files

Comment

unit

Hi Tim,

If the unit insignia is a wild boar, then it is possibly the 64th Infantry Division. Hopefully this may give you a time frame for your photo, if you can track down that unit's deployments.

Cheers
                              Steve

Comment

Bill and Steve, thanks very much for your help. ID64 would definately make sense, in that case the truck would have been left behind at the munition depot during the German retreat of september 1944.

Here's two more nice vehicle shots for which an identification would be very welcome

Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 142 users online. 0 members and 142 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X