AlsacDirect

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Post your unidintified vehicle photos here.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe someone recognises this fuzzy truck, left-hand drive with British-looking wheels and tyres.
    Kerry
    Attached Files

Comment

I don't know where you find these masterpieces, Kerry.......................

I am probably completely on the wrong planet here but...

If you look carefully at the area forward of the driver's door, the cowl distance piece between the motor hood and the windscreen, the style of the louvers in the side of the motor hood and what appears to be a really short engine compartment, it is possible to envision a Phänomen 25H Granit vehicle.

That being said, I have never seen such a vehicle as a truck with an open driver's cabin nor a cargo body as depicted here. The front wings/mudguards are not similar either although the rear ones are close for the ambulance versions of a 25H.

The wheels and tyres pretty much have to be British and in looking at all possible British vehicles in the 15 and 30 cwt range, nothing comes even close and as you indicate it appears to be lhd.

I will keep looking but I hope others will also jump in on this one, it is a beauty.

Bill

Comment

Hi Kerry:

Regarding the LW "tiddler", I think it is a 1932 Fiat 508 Balilla as shown here.
        Bill
        Attached Files

Comment

Hi Kerry, hi Bill,

for me it looks like the light truck Adler type W 61, a special version built for the Wehrmacht with an open cab.

Regards

Bert

Comment

Very good Bert:

I have posted here a good clear photo of such a truck with such a body.

Questions for me is where did the front end of the motor hood disappear to and where did the wheels/tyres come from or are these these same wheels/tyres on my pic?

Bill
            Attached Files

Comment

Hi Bill,

thank You very much for posting this very good pic.

To Your questions:
              1. I cannot say where the motor hood disappear to. Maybe the driver took it away for a better cooling of the hot motor.
              2. The wheels are typical for the Adler light trucks and ambulances (with the seven bolts). To the tyres I cannot say anything.

Regards

Bert

Comment

Thank you Bill and Bert, I am staggered that you could unravel any thing from the pale, grainy photo.
                My best regards,
                Kerry.

Comment

Hi Bert/Kerry:

Bert, I think you have the correct vehicle and I agree with Kerry that it is probably the quality of the photo and the fact the photographer was more interested in the soldiers than the vehicle which also makes it more difficult.

I looked at a few other Adler photos with the sort of desert style tyres and I think it may just be the angle of the photo that makes them look "British". In fact, the Adler used 20" wheels and the British 16" wheels so the British tyres would not have fit anyway.

As to the engine hood, it maybe just disappeared from the negative over time. That corner of the photo is very, very faded out.

In any case, an interesting sort of chase.

Bill

Comment

...maybe you can help me with this trucks...
                    Attached Files
                    Collect all GEBIRGSJAEGER - items ...

Comment

Büssing Nag

Wheels and cabin are from a Büssing Nag mid thirties. The exact model is out of my knowledge. Sorry.

Comment

I believe the smaller trucks on the left are Buessing-Nag model 15/150 and you can see a photo from Hoger's site kfzderwermacht here.

The larger trucks may also be from the same maker but I cannot yet identify them.

Bill
                        Attached Files

Comment

Please, does anybody recognise these trucks, and, perhaps, the sleek cabrio in the background?
                          Thank you,
                          Kerry.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Hi Kerry:

I believe the trucks are Tatra Model T27 vehicles ca. 1936.

I am not sure about the cabriolet but it looks rather French.

If anyone can ID the architecture of the buildings it would help.

Bill

Comment

Thanks for that Bill.
                              I think that this may be a GMC of some sort, but it does not look like the ex-French contract ones. Has it been re-bodied or is it from another source?
                              Many thanks,
                              Kerry.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Hi Kerry:

Your last one is a 1938 GMC of the Belgian Army.
                                Typical Belgian Army driver's cabin which seems to have perhaps dated from WWI by the looks of it.

I am not positive, but I think I remember some photos showing at least a few of these vehicles may have taken place in the earliest part of the invasion of Russia.

Bill

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 52 users online. 0 members and 52 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X