X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by W Petz View Post
    David,

Good eye! I didn't notice it but it sure appears that the pocket flap has been modified and sewn in the opposite direction...up instead of facing down? I never seen that before on a Jump smock unless we both are seeing things - Bill
    Hi Bill,
    Thanks again for sharing your photos. As far as I know, the man on the commented pic is Karl Gilles from FJR 1.
    Best regards. Óscar

Comment

DOUBLE POST... sorry.

Comment

Had these when captured?

Also a group portrait of FJ POW's in Canada
        On this one,they have all such nice uniforms,like thought when captured they only have what they where wearing mostly(no time or allowed to get uniform kit etc..?).Like they had these under there smocks and just have kept them in good condition,unless also not long after capture,as over time they might have uniforms that are patchy which think seen in some pictures.

Like this is what they wear around the camp normaly too,or the allies let them have some good uniforms for pictures like this,and wear more prisoner gear around the camp most of the time.
        Last edited by Fallschirmjaeger; 03-04-2008, 12:34 AM.

Comment

These group portrait photo sessions are in their sunday's best....I guarantee you they were not walking around in these uniforms everyday. Usually you see them wearing issued British/Canadian or American kit.

Originally posted by Fallschirmjaeger View Post
          On this one,they have all such nice uniforms,like thought when captured they only have what they where wearing mostly(no time or allowed to get uniform kit etc..?).Like they had these under there smocks and just have kept them in good condition,unless also not long after capture,as over time they might have uniforms that are patchy which think seen in some pictures.

Like this is what they wear around the camp normaly too,or the allies let them have some good uniforms for pictures like this,and wear more prisoner gear around the camp most of the time.

Comment

Hello Óscar,

Thanks for the info on that FJ. Bill

Originally posted by Óscar G View Post
            Hi Bill,
            Thanks again for sharing your photos. As far as I know, the man on the commented pic is Karl Gilles from FJR 1.
            Best regards. Óscar

Comment

Some new Fj pics in Town

GREAT pics!!! I really love period photos.

Doc

Comment

Hey Bill that POW pic in post #780, does that have a '42 postmark on the back? If so, I have a portrait of a POW group taken right before them, they are #154, this is #108, Oscar and I were just discussing these FJ's activity in Norway.

Eric

Comment

Eric,

Unfortunately no writing, dates or postmarks are on the reverse...Just the standard POST CARD made in Canada...place stamp here block.

Bill

Originally posted by Zepeleptic View Post
                  Hey Bill that POW pic in post #780, does that have a '42 postmark on the back? If so, I have a portrait of a POW group taken right before them, they are #154, this is #108, Oscar and I were just discussing these FJ's activity in Norway.

Eric

Comment

Hmm well for what it is worth here is a scan of mine, some similarities are noticable
                    The pilot in the front row is striking as well

Regards
                    Eric
                    Attached Files

Comment

Eric,

I believe it is the same Camp and location in Canada but different group of FJ's, Pilot...thanks for posting it . You said you were discussing with Oscar about the FJ's captured in Norway...anything you want to relay and discuss here is fine by me. In the past I have posted other portraits of some FJ's in different camps around Ottawa. Bill

Originally posted by Zepeleptic View Post
                      Hmm well for what it is worth here is a scan of mine, some similarities are noticable
                      The pilot in the front row is striking as well

Regards
                      Eric

Comment

Thanks

These group portrait photo sessions are in their sunday's best....I guarantee you they were not walking around in these uniforms everyday. Usually you see them wearing issued British/Canadian or American kit.
                        Thanks for the info Bill,and yea those brit etc...uniforms is what i meant or there old uniforms they where wearing when captured.Or those where burnt,destroyed on getting to the camps.But the sunday bests they could nto have all had on them when captured,so where do they get them?,made in camps or supplies some other way.

Comment

FJ...most POW Camps in the USA, Canada were well organized by the POW's themselves. I'm sure they had tailors, boot/shoemakers, etc...not sure if they were supplied items through the German Red Cross or had uniform items and such shipped in through their own Government officials or from family. I would imagine there was stringent control if not restrictions items coming out of Germany. I know alot of what they had were provided by the Camp Administration and sometimes by religous organizations. Bill

Originally posted by Fallschirmjaeger View Post
                          Thanks for the info Bill,and yea those brit etc...uniforms is what i meant or there old uniforms they where wearing when captured.Or those where burnt,destroyed on getting to the camps.But the sunday bests they could nto have all had on them when captured,so where do they get them?,made in camps or supplies some other way.

Comment

Here is a new arrival today....FJ training on a very large 12cm Heavy mortar
                            Attached Files

Comment

Here is a new arrival FJ in Russland....waiting on more FJ pics to come in!
                              Attached Files

Comment

Thanks

Thanks again Bill for the info,the latest picture,wonder the year and what part of russia its in and the unit?.Maybe the central area of russia in 1942/43 it could be etc...

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X