Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

#16 a FJ coming away with some of the spoils of war.
    Attached Files

Comment

#17 some more spoils of war....this one can be eaten!! I have more from this grouping to post later. Bill
      Attached Files

Comment

Great pictures

Well many of these crete pictures are maybe not the typical ones in the FJ books as there from the soldiers right mostly.Or maybe they are from a war corespondent or the FJ's own war picture taker(they did have them right or where they luftwaffe ones?).

And that picture 621 the do look dead,but as no wounds on them by the looks and like Mike said the feet crossed and hands in pocket.On the dead FJ ones have you shown them here before or not,or are they to graphic to show.Like there was a thread in the picture section that had many grizzly pictures of war,and maybe you posted some there,like not even gone through that whole thread to know?.
        Last edited by Fallschirmjaeger; 12-05-2007, 11:48 PM.

Comment

These are private photos and yes I have posted some photos previously on KIA FJ's on Kreta which is why that photo reminds me of these FJ around the tree...a similar scene. I have a complete photo album of the 3rd FJR in Kreta.

Here are some FJ gravesite photos #18 names of the KIA are Ltn Vikler Ink, Uffz. Heinz Stahl, Gefr Albert Decker, Gefr KarlHeinz Berndt - 3/Fsch MG Btl

Originally posted by Fallschirmjaeger View Post
          Well many of these crete pictures are maybe not the typical ones in the FJ books as there from the soldiers right mostly.Or maybe they are from a war corespondent or the FJ's own war picture taker(they did have them right or where they luftwaffe ones?).

And that picture 621 the do look dead,but as no wounds on them by the looks and like Mike said the feet crossed and hands in pocket.On the dead FJ ones have you shown them here before or not,or are they to graphic to show.Like there was a thread in the picture section that had many grizzly pictures of war,and maybe you posted some there,like not even gone through that whole thread to know?.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by W Petz; 12-06-2007, 03:59 PM.

Comment

#19 More FJ Gravesites on Kreta..Gefr Franz Moesch and Gefr Gustav Feiertag 3/Fsch MG Btl
            Attached Files

Comment

#20 Uffz Hans-Georg Koeftergarden 3/Fallsch FL MG gef. 27.5.41
              Attached Files

Comment

#21 FW Anton Hettstern 3/Fsch MG Btl Gef 20.5.41
                Attached Files

Comment

#22 Ltn Rupprecht Hainer 3 Fsch MG Btl Gef. 20.5.41
                  Attached Files

Comment

#23 Here is a joint gravesite....Three New Zealanders and two FJ's KILLED IN ACTION / GEFALLEN DEN KAMPFEN
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by W Petz; 12-08-2007, 03:12 AM.

Comment

Thanks

Thanks for the info bill,on picture of the more grizzly nature the FJ im shure would not want to take i think.But like have seen allied ones of dead FJ in trees on the ground,burnt,near there gliders etc...

The germans i know took them in that thread here of the allied and russian dead too.And these graves,many buried where they fell it seems,like thought they would bury them in units more.But they did gather these up after the war into one area,or are the FJ in a few in crete,like the main area's they landed?.Thanks for these pictures too,do you have graves ones of FJ in germany/holland from late in 1944/45 maybe? too?,thanks.

Comment

In Kreta they collected up the FJ's from the many scattered gravesites into several main cemeteries...after the battle and not the war.

No..I don't have any gravesite photos in Germany & Holland in 1944/45. There is no doubt photos existing of gravesites and as the war progressed into Germany I would think most of the KIA's were being collected up and buried by the Allies in 1945.

Here is another 3 FJR Gravesite....this one contains the grave of the II/3 FJR Commander MAJ Derpa (all the way to the left).

Thanks for the info bill,on picture of the more grizzly nature the FJ im shure would not want to take i think.But like have seen allied ones of dead FJ in trees on the ground,burnt,near there gliders etc...

The germans i know took them in that thread here of the allied and russian dead too.And these graves,many buried where they fell it seems,like thought they would bury them in units more.But they did gather these up after the war into one area,or are the FJ in a few in crete,like the main area's they landed?.Thanks for these pictures too,do you have graves ones of FJ in germany/holland from late in 1944/45 maybe? too?,thanks.
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by W Petz; 12-12-2007, 02:38 PM.

Comment

Thanks

So these smaller graves where done i thought after the battle,as no time realy during it to do them.The a bit later,week,months they moved them.
                          But thought the allies had again then moved them around or some to the bigger cemetries right.

On the late war holland/germany FJ graves,a few or maybe more had time to be buried properly by the FJ or other gave units that did this(they had there own im shure right too).Though during later battles where they where losing and pushed back the allies i would think bury them,in mass unmarked ones possibly?,or porperly done grave area's,or got german prisoners to do it under guard.

Like for one i read of allied cemetries in my favorite battle the FJ where in,the reichswald,that there are allied ones there in the forest.But anyone here seen FJ ones in there too,or near by in the area at least?,thanks bill.
                          Last edited by Fallschirmjaeger; 12-08-2007, 04:58 AM.

Comment

I recommend you do a bit of reading about Crete. The allies did not get the island back until 1945 when the German troops on Crete surrendered. The German troops built the cemetaries and the memorials (Soldatenfriedhof Denkmals) way before the island was liberated in 1945.

Very possible that field graves were made during the fighting in the Reichwald. I haven't seen any pics but that is not saying they didn't exist.

Why don't you start your own thread on the areas you are interested in such as the Reichwald or other battles you are interested instead of having it buried in this thread where people might not see it and be able to comment on it.

Bill

So these smaller graves where done i thought after the battle,as no time realy during it to do them.The a bit later,week,months they moved them.
                            But thought the allies had again then moved them around or some to the bigger cemetries right.

On the late war holland/germany FJ graves,a few or maybe more had time to be buried properly by the FJ or other gave units that did this(they had there own im shure right too).Though during later battles where they where losing and pushed back the allies i would think bury them,in mass unmarked ones possibly?,or porperly done grave area's,or got german prisoners to do it under guard.

Like for one i read of allied cemetries in my favorite battle the FJ where in,the reichswald,that there are allied ones there in the forest.But anyone here seen FJ ones in there too,or near by in the area at least?,thanks bill.

Comment

I went to Germany today to pick up a Fallschirmjaeger photo album that a friend of mine offered to me....it wasn't cheap! The FJ served with the 2nd Fallschirmjaeger Regiment and Jumped in to capture the Korinth Kanal on 26 April 1941. #1 Large FJ Badge afixed to a wooden board
                              Attached Files

Comment

#2 FJ's but only one is wearing his Springerabzeichen
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 5 users online. 0 members and 5 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X