This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks to be the Wolchow area...thick forests...swamps etc circa 1942 FJR 2

Just got in some nice postcard size photos of FJ's being presented awards...France?? #1

Originally posted by Fallschirmjaeger View Post
    Thanks again Bill for the info,the latest picture,wonder the year and what part of russia its in and the unit?.Maybe the central area of russia in 1942/43 it could be etc...
    Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Here is a real rarity in post card size!
                Attached Files

Comment

Thanks

Thanks Bill for the info on the picture(794),on the french ones after that, i see that very short FJ and one who looks taller than most.Maybe only 6ft or under or then above?,and a mix of uniforms some in smocks others without.Like all FJ did get a smock,or as war went on later and not many para jumps,some did not wear them at all,like artillery,flak,panzer,non infantry types.

And no idea if these are pre normandy 6th of june or post d day,like awards for action in russia maybe,or in normandy etc...
                  Last edited by Fallschirmjaeger; 03-22-2008, 02:09 AM.

Comment

I would say pre-Normandy with the relaxed atmosphere and possibly receiving their awards for prior exploits in Russia. No writing on the reverse but that would be my best guess since most of the heavy fighting was being done in either Russia or Italy.

Originally posted by Fallschirmjaeger View Post
                    Thanks Bill for the info on the picture(794),on the french ones after that, i see that very short FJ and one who looks taller than most.Maybe only 6ft or under or then above?,and a mix of uniforms some in smocks others without.

And no idea if these are pre normandy 6th of june or post d day,like awards for action in russia maybe,or in normandy etc...

Comment

Thanks

Thanks Bill,i was sort of thinking this,as if normandy not shure awards could be given in the field or close by.And sort of looks like you said,more relaxed setting,but possibly some of these men would fall later on in normandy and elsewhere in france in 1944.

Comment

Two new arrivals.....Two FJ in Italy waiting for a ride
                        Attached Files

Comment

Nice portrait of three FJ
                          Attached Files

Comment

One more.....FJ's waiting on the ground for their time to Jump
                            Attached Files

Comment

Two New arrivals...FJ Portrait taken in France...no writing on back.
                              Attached Files

Comment

#2 FJ's in Training...could be France or Germany
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X