Billy Kramer

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'll show you mine, if you show me yours...

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK, it's getting harder to find photos that 1. were not in my book 2. I have not posted before ( in previous threads )

Here's a nice army shot that was not in the book. Notice the wear of the FJR1 sleevebands on the army m36 tunics. March 1939 ( Yes, still wearing army uniforms, 3 months after being transfered to the Luftwaffe )
    Attached Files

Comment

Dear W. Petz, I was lucky enough to find a mint Japanese army paratrooper smock. They wore the smock over a jump suit/coveralls that had elastic fabric at the wrists & anckles. I collect Japanese army & navy para gear. You are correct in thinking the Jap. smock is copied after the German 1st pattern step in smock. I'm sure they were influenced by the German paratroop instructors who taught the Japanese. I hope to get my digital camera soon & will try & provide photos in the near future. I also hope Eric finds some very rare & expensive German para item & sells me the remainder of his Japanese photos!

Comment

Jareth,

Welcome to this thread and the forum. I'm sure Eric would be interested in exchanging some emails with you on the subject of Japanese Para gear and photos. You mentioned that German Paras trained the Japanese paras...did they train them in Japan or in Germany. If in Germany is there any photo evidence of Japanese going through the Jump school? that would be interesting if so....they may have received a document and German para badge. Now that would be extremely rare. You would have to contact Eric on his photos...he may just give up some..I know he was selling a few on the E-Stand. Bill

Comment

Eric,

Thanks. Sorry No writing on the reverse but I'm thinking it may be in Holland around 44 or 45. Hard to tell from the building plus where else would they find such flags together? Italy or France? Nice pic of FJ's being interviewed. Bill

CW,

Yes it was common to have a parade when returning to home station after a campaign...I'm thinking this may be one returning from Holland or Crete as evidenced by flowers. They also had parade for other special occassions. Thanks for the compliment on the FJ captured flags photo. I like that one as well.

Brecht,

It seems we might have more of the same photos from a FJ that was probably in your Grandfathers unit. I have a stack of photos were those three came from...mostly of FJ parachuting out of JU52's.

Comment

Here are some really nice photos that Chuck Para03 asked me to post for him
            Attached Files

Comment

another nice one from Chuck Para03

Comment

one more from Chuck Para03 Thomas
                Attached Files

Comment

Eric,

Nice photos of Army FJ's...I guess they just didn't want to give up their uniforms and Army Badges did they. You also mentioned on several occasions they scratched out the eagle on their jump helmets as well.

Here are a few Tropical FJ's in Italy
                  Attached Files

Comment

some more Tropical FJ 's in Italy

Comment

one more pic of Tropical FJ's in Italy
                      Attached Files

Comment

Mr. Petz, German instructors trained the Japanese paratroopers in Japan. I sincerely doubt they were issued any German awards or equipment. I know Eric & was lucky enough to have purchased some original Japanese para photos from in the past. I can only hope to get a chance to purchase the remainder. Hey Eric, keep me in mind!

Comment

Jareth,

No harm in asking...I have not heard of any Japanese going through any German Jump schools in Germany. Thanks for the information. Bill

Comment

Eric / Bill,

One mystery solved ... the fallschirmjagers in post 446 are SS-FJs at Drvar, Yugoslavia. The picture was taken during Operation Rosselsprung, the ill-fated raid to capture Tito. They are displaying flags taken from the British and American delegations in Drvar.

You will find this same picture on page 105 of the Kunzmann-Milius book, Fallschirmjager der Waffen-SS im Bild ( ISBN 3920677293 ).

Gluck ab,
                            Gerry
                            Last edited by Gerry Cummins; 05-17-2004, 09:37 PM.

Comment

Hi Gerry,

Welcome to the forum and thanks for your information about the photo I have...hard to tell whether they are SS FJ's and their location. Very interesting. I didn't even realize what I had and it's the only SS FJ photo in my possession. Thanks - Bill

This makes me want to post a few more photos!! How about some of "Papa" Ramcke
                              General Ramcke at Malemes

Comment

Gen Ramcke awarding EK1 at Malemes

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 12 users online. 0 members and 12 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X