Emedals - Medalbook

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'll show you mine, if you show me yours...

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

pic 2 of Gen Ramcke awarding EK1 at Malemes

Comment

Gen Ramcke giving a speech to the FJ's at Malemes
      Attached Files

Comment

Hello all you FJ collectors out there!!! Bring your photos out and keep this thread going...it has sort of died out the past couple of days...even though people are still looking...it would be nice if you would post a photo or two. Thanks for sharing/looking and making it the most popular thread on the forum. Being an old NCO (retired) I will lead by example!!!! Bill

Here is a FJ Honor Guard presenting arms!!
        Attached Files

Comment

Here is another FJ & Gebirgsjaeger - Loading wounded onto a JU 52 at Malemes (Kreta)

Comment

I guess since this is my first Fallschirmjäger photo, I might as well share it!
            It is not outstanding like you other guys photos, but hey, it's real, and that is all I care!
            Attached Files

Comment

Hi Karl,

Very nice photo...I especially like the white painted FJ Helmet. Thanks for sharing! Bill

Comment

Thanks Bill!
                Do you think this photo is post-Kreta, thus using paras as ground troops?

Comment

In the picture of the FJ saluting with rifles as the HJ march by, is that front man wearing a tan water smock? Chris

Comment

Karl,

I would say it is possibly 1942 or 1943 period. Hard to say where it is but judging by the snow and white camo helmet it is somewhere in the East. After Kreta that is exactly what happened to the Fallschirmtruppen. they played more of a ground role due to their high losses and Hitler stating that the day of the FJ is over...far from it but Kreta determined their future operations in the War. Bill

Since we are on the subject of Kreta...here are a few photos not all are FJ
                    Attached Files

Comment

Here are some more
                      Attached Files

Comment

Here are some Gebirjaegers from the 100th Regiment

Comment

some more Gebj in Kreta

Comment

Here are some Australian or British dead on Kreta
                            Attached Files

Comment

I accidentally forgot to say where it was!
                              It is nicely labled on the back "Kaserne in Witebsk".
                              I would say Russia for sure.
                              Thanks!
                              Karl

Comment

Karl,

Thanks for posting...I had an idea that it was somewhere in the East. Bill

I came across this photo that was in my Hermann Goering Booty Box!! someone might notice something different in this photo.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 3 users online. 0 members and 3 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X