GeneralAssaultMilitaria

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'll show you mine, if you show me yours...

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eric Queen
    Geert,

411 is a very nice original photo, but one that I have seen at least 10 original prints of, both as singles and in different individuals albums. I believe it appeared in Jean Yves Nasse's book "Green Devils" as well. 412 is of a paratrooper named Steuler who was with the Nachrichten Zug of FJR1.

EQ
    Eric,

In that way, I see ... anyway, the photos are on its way and as soon as I got them over here, can i maybe mail them to someone? Then I can tell the story that goes with it! Are you completely sure it is Steuler Eric? I recall these being along with other photos of the man named "Rudolf Buchwald" (just got my friend on the phone telling me he's sending the scans) ... wait and see, it is also possible Steuler and Buchwald were in the same zug or ... who knows, when I get them I'll let you know!

Kind regards
    Geert

Comment

Hi Chuck,

I agree let keep this thread rolling!!! I believe your pic #418 maybe be a duplicate or copy...I have the same exact portrait photo in my collection. Keep those photos coming!! They are some great pics. Thanks for looking and letting Eric post for you. Bill

Geert,

Photos #411 & #412 are not the same person. #411 is an original photo but as Eric said they have been other photos that have circulated. Eric knows about the history of #412 and has told you the name of the FJ. Sorry but I don't think it was the grandfather of your friend but they may have been in the same unit. It was not unusual for soldiers to exchange photos amongst themselves. Bill

Hiere is a FJ Portrait which has a little damage to it but still is a nice pic
      Attached Files

Comment

Another FJ portrait with Kreta Cufftitle
        Attached Files

Comment

and one more FJ Portrait wearing Kreta CT mit Frau

Comment

Here is my part for this great post. It shows my grandfather. The little one.

Comment

CorpBode,

Welcome to this thread and an Excellent photo of your grandfather!!!

Here is a nice FJ Portrait wearing a splinter camo smock
              Attached Files

Comment

You're right about #418, it's a repo. In fact both #418 & 417 are reproduced photos. I bought them as such for a couple of bucks. These were some of the first Para images I owned . It would be great find originals for that much but we all know that's wishful thinking! It didn't matter to me then...just couldn't get enough of these Fallschirm studio photos. One of these days I'll use them for trading fodder. I still have several other originals to share with the group. Chuck

Originally posted by W Petz
                Hi Chuck,

I agree let keep this thread rolling!!! I believe your pic #418 maybe be a duplicate or copy...I have the same exact portrait photo in my collection. Keep those photos coming!! They are some great pics. Thanks for looking and letting Eric post for you. Bill

Geert,

Photos #411 & #412 are not the same person. #411 is an original photo but as Eric said they have been other photos that have circulated. Eric knows about the history of #412 and has told you the name of the FJ. Sorry but I don't think it was the grandfather of your friend but they may have been in the same unit. It was not unusual for soldiers to exchange photos amongst themselves. Bill

Hiere is a FJ Portrait which has a little damage to it but still is a nice pic

Comment

picture 411

Hello,

The man on picture number 411 isn't my grand father like my dear friend Geert thought. I got the same picture in my collection. It was given to me by my grandmother.Like Mr. Queen already said it was common that fallschirmjägers (especially in the same unit) traded pictures with each other. The man on picture 411 wasn't he also a jumping instructor?
                  How do you post pictures here???

Greetings

Brecht B.

Comment

I'll show you mine

Hi

1st time it was a bit dark. Hope this will be better.

Sleeping Paras, courtesy Polish armoured division.

Leeb
                    Attached Files

Comment

Hi Chuck,

Yes unfortunately those two (#417, #418) are repros still it is much appreciated that you are sharing your (copies) and originals with us all. Thanks

Brecht. B,

Welcome to the forum!!! This isn't the first time I've encountered someone that has the same exact photo...at least I can now trace it...What parachute regt, company was your Grandfather assigned? I don't have a clue if the FJ in #411 was an instructor...no writing on the reverse side of the photo.
                      If you want to post pictures on this forum you must become an association member which costs $25. You have to go to A. Membership and fill out the application. It is well worth it because there is a wealth of information on this website and all the forums. If you would like to post some of your photos you can send them by email to one of the moderators...Eric or Willi and they can post them for you. I again would like to Welcome you - Bill Petz

Leeb,

I see the light now....they are permanently asleep!!! Rare photo indeed...you don't normally see photos like this through the eyes of of the Polish and other Allied forces. Thanks for sharing - Bill

Here are a couple of pics of an FJ getting ready to jump and jumping from a JU 52
                      Attached Files

Comment

on his way
                        Attached Files

Comment

another one
                          Attached Files

Comment

My thanks to everyone who has participated in this thread. For anyone out there that has even one photo to share, please do so. If you cannot post, please send to me.

Here are a couple more from the junk box
                            Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Everyone, great photos, keep them coming

I posted one of this set earlier, here's the remainder FJ celebration 18/12/44, whether its an early Xmas bash?? But anyway its nice to see the men at rest.
                                Attached Files
                                Regards
                                Si

SWS Collection 01-14 Images Copyright.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 11 users online. 0 members and 11 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X