Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'll show you mine, if you show me yours...

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A KIA FJ on Hill 107 in Kreta
    Attached Files

Comment

Glider & Ju52 in Kreta
      Attached Files

Comment

Hey Bill-
        Gotta love those Kreta pics . Thanks once again for sharing. All the best

JimUK

Comment

JimUK,

Thank you for looking!! If you know of anyone who has FJ photos that they want to share have them post them if they don't have the ability they can send them to me via email and I will post them...just make sure they are in JPEG format. Cheers! - Bill

Here are a few more Kreta pics..FJ & Gebj graves
          Attached Files

Comment

Here3 is another FJ gravesite

Comment

Originally posted by W Petz
              heres a few pics of FJ in Kreta. FJ are wearing some kind of unit symbol on their jump smock sleeve...anyone can identify it????
              Hi Mr. Petz.

I think i saw this Photo in a FJ Book. Is this possible? I mean it gives more Photos from this FJ...

Cheers Tommy

Comment

Tommy,

It is very possible to see one of these photos in a book. I have 51 photos from the same Kreta grouping...many have writing on the reverse side and the standard paper brand name of Agfa-Lupex as well. One thing I have found out over the years is that many of the FJ shared/exchanged their photos with fellow FJ's. So sometimes you will come upon someone else that has the same exact photo as you. I have found three such people who have participated in this thread. We have one or two of the very same photos and they are all original photos. Thanks for joining us and looking at the thread. Bill

Comment

Here is a FJ that was tired of walking!!!

Comment

Nothing like catching a ride on a Panzer!!

Comment

Glider shot

Hello,

Very nice pictures +> could you please make a bigger and more detailed scan from the glider plane on post 512?

Thanks in advance,
                      my collectionfield : German glider pilots

http://users.skynet.be/lw-glider/

Comment

David,

As requested
                        Attached Files

Comment

Hi everyone:
                          First of all, thank you all for sharing these wonderful pics. I have enjoy them. They are good reasons to keep on "tasting" this historical passion...
                          As for the pic #510, it´s quite significant. It shows some FJs in Chania, near the British Consulate, after the fighting on 27 May 1941. The man without helmet is Karl Eisenfeller who belonged to 2./FJR3. There is a well known colour photo - taken by the same Kriegsberichter -that shows this scene from another perspective: the cover of the Jean-Yves´"Fallschirmjäger in Crete". The same pic appears on page 101. Another Eisenfeller´s photo is shown on page 48 of this wonderful book. They are indeed wearing an unit symbol: a bone (thighbone) in red. Red was the colour used for the 2. coy of each battalion. The meaning of the bone is due to the chief of the coy, called "Knoche" (bone in german). There is another photo showing the containers (Waffenbehälter) loading into a Ju 52. These containers have the same unit symbol.

The FJ depicted in the following photo is the same shown in # 212. Wilfried Diehl. Here as a Gefreiter in Italy in 1943

Regards
                          Regards. Óscar
                          Last edited by Óscar G; 05-26-2004, 05:18 AM.

Comment

It´s also advisable a bit of tenderness...
                            Attached Files

Comment

Erich Czeka who took part in the rescue of Mussolini. At that moment he Belonged to the 3. /Fallsch Lehr Battalion. He was awarded the FJ badge on 23 August 1943. The photo is taken in September and he still wears the cloth badge.

Comment

Another FJ, Richard Kloes, in 1944
                                Attached Files
                                Last edited by Óscar G; 06-01-2004, 12:54 PM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 8 users online. 0 members and 8 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X