GermanMilitaria

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'll show you mine, if you show me yours...

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

and one more set. I still plenty more to show and I would like to see someone else post a few pics first.
    Attached Files

Comment

A couple more from Chuck.
      Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Chuck,

Great pics again!! Thank you for sharing them and again Eric for posting. Bill

Here are some more Kreta pics
              Attached Files

Comment

Nach mal
                Attached Files

Comment

and again
                  Attached Files

Comment

a few more
                    Attached Files

Comment

and some more with memorials
                      Attached Files

Comment

Another one from me. Cloth para badge worn on Tropical dienstbluse. Reverse of photo is dated 1940
                        Last edited by Eric Queen; 05-15-2004, 09:11 AM.

Comment

Too bad the badge isn't more visible, but check out the patch...

Comment

Eric,

Nice pic ...tunic doesn't look like a tropical fliegerbluse though...it has two upper pleated pockets and no lower pockets unlike any fliegerbluse I've seen...it might be a tailor/field made tunic. by the way did they have tropical uniforms back in 1940? Bill

Comment

Eric,

Also nice standard bearer Portrait photo!! hard to say what that badge is though...did this come from a known paratrooper? Bill

Comment

Thanks Bill, and you're right. I meant to write service blouse ( dienstbluse ). Just too early in the morning for me I guess ( 6:45 ) I too do not recall seeing anything like it. Most of the tropical service blouses I have seen ( in photos ) have had 2 lower pleated pockets as well. I was surprised also by the date. I would have thought tropical clothing started making its appearance in 1941. The hand written notation is definately period, so who knows. I think John would know more because this is his area.

As to the other photo, I don't know. Was told that it came from a paratroopers lot, but you know how stories go.......just no way to tell what the badge is. Nice shot of the patch though.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 10 users online. 0 members and 10 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X