MedalsMilitary

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'll show you mine, if you show me yours...

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

another on guard duty somewhere near St. Petersburg
    Attached Files

Comment

Eric,

In reference to you question about the diamond S vehicle marking. I have not seen that one as well. I'm 99.9% sure it is FJ. I've seen the same with an R in it so I'm pretty sure it is a FJ tactical marking. Bill

Comment

Originally posted by W Petz
        Eric,

In reference to you question about the diamond S vehicle marking. I have not seen that one as well. I'm 99.9% sure it is FJ. I've seen the same with an R in it so I'm pretty sure it is a FJ tactical marking. Bill
        Bill, sure looks like a FJ tactical marking to me. Just have never seen the "S" before. Here is another one from my Gran Sasso group.
        Attached Files

Comment

Eric,

There is always something else out there that I haven't seen before until I see photographic proof....that's why I like collecting photos so much. whe I start collecting them not a whole lot of folks were interested and you could find them cheap...now it seems everyone collects them and the prices have gotten really expensive. I guess I shouldn't complain because if I did decide to sell some of my photo collection I would make some good money.

Here is a FJ Mortar Team
          Attached Files

Comment

Awesome mortar photo Bill. Thanks to you and Eric and everyone else who has shared their photos. Some really great ones out there!

Comment

CW,

Thanks for the compliment...This thread wouldn't be #1 if it weren't for folks like you that contributed your FJ pics as well. Here are a few more pics

The Eagle has just landed
              Attached Files

Comment

FJ Gathering up a chute after making a landing
                Attached Files

Comment

Thanks!

Hello Bill. Thank you for the compliments on the Para photos Eric posted for me and thank you Eric for posting them. I have several other Fallschirmjäger images I'd like to share with the group especially some early ones from the Poland campaign. GREAT images everyone! Let's keep this one rollin'! I never get tired of looking at all these Para photos.

Comment

All I ask for is one of these smocks. Is that too much to ask ??

Comment

My oohh MY!
                      [/QUOTE]

Comment

Some more from Chuck. AKA Para03
                        Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

I think we can set a name to a face ...

BILL !!!!!!!!

My good God !!! I'm not completely sure as yet, but the FJ in your pics number 411 and 412 may well be the grandfather of a good friend of mine here in Belgium. His grandfather was with the FJ and he still has the same photographs as you have (at least I remember seeing exactly the same photo as in 411 with him at home - is it a snapshot Bill ???) ... his name is Buchwald (I don't recall his first name, will see if I can getto that today) ... awesome ... I'll see him tomorrow and ask for the rest of his photos to scan them in so I can post them over here. Unfortunately my membership still hasn't been validated ... although Marc Verstraete is still working on that ... I hope it will be soon OK so I can share some of my own photos (not para though) ...

Anyway, these pictures keep on blowing me under the table ... incredible ...who needs a FJ book if you got this thread

KInd regards
                              Geert

Comment

Originally posted by FLANDERN
                                BILL !!!!!!!!

My good God !!! I'm not completely sure as yet, but the FJ in your pics number 411 and 412 may well be the grandfather of a good friend of mine here in Belgium. His grandfather was with the FJ and he still has the same photographs as you have (at least I remember seeing exactly the same photo as in 411 with him at home - is it a snapshot Bill ???) ... his name is Buchwald (I don't recall his first name, will see if I can getto that today) ... awesome ... I'll see him tomorrow and ask for the rest of his photos to scan them in so I can post them over here. Unfortunately my membership still hasn't been validated ... although Marc Verstraete is still working on that ... I hope it will be soon OK so I can share some of my own photos (not para though) ...

Anyway, these pictures keep on blowing me under the table ... incredible ...who needs a FJ book if you got this thread

KInd regards
                                Geert
                                Geert,

411 is a very nice original photo, but one that I have seen at least 10 original prints of, both as singles and in different individuals albums. I believe it appeared in Jean Yves Nasse's book "Green Devils" as well. 412 is of a paratrooper named Steuler who was with the Nachrichten Zug of FJR1.

EQ

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 13 users online. 0 members and 13 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X