My humble collection ....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nigel N View Post
    Could you post a photo of the reverse of the bar, so we can see the backing cloth and construction?
    The back does remind of wartime style, especially the mounting and securing of the medals hidden away by the cloth.
    Attached Files

Comment

Mathijs, stunning medal bar, I like it ! , Indeed a Deumer wound badge, a black version as well ! harder IMO to find than the other grades (Is it me or did Deumer make a lot of Silver grades ! ) nice PAB as well !
      Prost ! Steve.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve 5 View Post
        Mathijs, stunning medal bar, I like it ! , Indeed a Deumer wound badge, a black version as well ! harder IMO to find than the other grades (Is it me or did Deumer make a lot of Silver grades ! ) nice PAB as well !
        Prost ! Steve.
        Another confirmation the BWB is a Deumer one ... Wow. Seems I'm having a hard time to distinguish if it does not have early St&L or Deumer hardware .

Comment

Hi Mathijs!!
          The pin on the medal bar looks very thick, more like a wartimer than a 57er, but as you know, early bars were made up of wartime leftover parts and ribbons, so its really hard to be sure if its an original wartime bar with a swapped Ost, or an early 57 period bar, either way its a great one, and it wouldn't make much difference to me, which period it was made in!!
          The earliest hardware on S&L and Deumer BWB's is easy to tell apart, this 2nd style pin used by both makers, while still slightly different, is so close as to make it very difficult to tell them apart! The two makers wound badges themselves do also look very similar, but there are tiny differences, even if it means looking at pattrens of dots!!!
          -Nigel
          sigpic 57ers...."The Devil Is In The Detail"

Comment

Hi Mathijs, indeed different styles of hardware used by Deumer on these little blighters ! My Gold Deumer has exactly the same hardware (long pin) as your Black example, all three grades of my Deumers have different hinge/pin set ups ! Also, I am sure aware that Deumers have a distinctive helmet design, that lacks both the rear liner stud and the graduation on the skirt to visor is not as steep as a St u L version, and as Nigel states the dots !
            Prost ! Steve.

Comment

Love the medal bar Mathijs. The crown on the Bulgarian award has a nice sharp patina. Congrats on picking that one up.

Regards,
              Rudy

Comment

Very nice acquisitions Mathijs, I really like the PAB as well.

Comment

Cool medal bar !!!

Comment

And couple days ago, I found this lovely little piece of KM in my mailbox.
                    Do believe this to be an early spange ( St&L ), but comes with - what looks like - wartime pin.
                    Replacement or was this badge issued with that pin, no idea - but a nice variant nonetheless.

Mathijs
                    Attached Files

Comment

The pin looks very much like those that can be found on war time CCCC's by Gablonz. Interesting mystery. Very nice badge ! Tom

Comment

Originally posted by Tom B View Post
                        The pin looks very much like those that can be found on war time CCCC's by Gablonz. Interesting mystery. Very nice badge ! Tom
                        Of course I meant A.G.M.u.K AUSF. in Gablonz

Comment

Hi Tom!
                          True, also very similar to S&L's wartime CCC pin, were they the same pin used by both makers or very close?? I don't know enough about wartime clasps!!
                          It might be worth Mathijs posting this CCC in the Heer section of the forum, I think the guys there might be interested in what is surely a wartime leftover pin??
                          Great piece by the way Mathijs!!!!!!!!
                          -Nigel

Comment

Originally posted by Nigel N View Post
                            Hi Tom!
                            True, also very similar to S&L's wartime CCC pin, were they the same pin used by both makers or very close?? I don't know enough about wartime clasps!!
                            It might be worth Mathijs posting this CCC in the Heer section of the forum, I think the guys there might be interested in what is surely a wartime leftover pin??
                            Great piece by the way Mathijs!!!!!!!!
                            -Nigel
                            Thanks Nigel, sadly weather is not that good, so I'm struggling to get decent pictures of the pin

Grtz,
                            Mathijs

Comment

Hi Mathijs!
                              Wait while you get some good light, we know how much of a difference lighting can make!
                              Then definitely post it in the Heer awards section, it will be great to hear their thoughts on the pin!!!
                              -Nigel

Comment

Mathijs, a nice early St u L badge IMO, lacking the "dots and leaf flaw" of later examples...I can not comment for the hinge and pin assembly, but its a nice badge
                                Prost ! Steve.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 39 users online. 0 members and 39 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X