No announcement yet.

My humble collection ....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Check this out ... both are exact matches ( both S&L from same period ), however on the new one ( left badge ), the finish is already fading ... some chemical reaction, maybe ???
    Attached Files

Comment

I'm sure you've seen this one before ... I posted it a while ago as a dealer sold an EK2 with the same name on it ! But that EK2 already been sold .
      Well ... I've been in contact with this dealer, and he has contacted the buyer of the EK2, but it seems the buyer is not interested in reuniting both items ... shame .
      Attached Files

Comment

A group shot of my GAB's. Left you have an early S&L, right you have an early Deumer. As you can see, the Deumer is slightly shorter then the S&L badge ...
        Also, on the left badge, check the flaws on the eagles wings ... seems this is typical for S&L GAB"s ????
        Attached Files

Comment

IMO both GAB´s are Deumer´s, can you please post a pic from the reverse?
          Deumer only produced a short time and Steinhauer bought the die´s and put their own hardware on it.

Comment

Originally posted by Seewolf View Post
            IMO both GAB´s are Deumer´s, can you please post a pic from the reverse?
            Deumer only produced a short time and Steinhauer bought the die´s and put their own hardware on it.
            Here ya go .
            Attached Files

Comment

On the left is a very early Steinhauer and on the right a typical Deumer.
              Can you see the difference in the wings?
              Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for the info ... I then have two Deumers in my collection. I assume the difference in size / flaws can be explained as early & earliest production ?

Comment

I know .... its a modern set, but I got if offered at such good price, I could not resist.
                  Attached Files

Comment

It has the painted rim instead of enamel ... but I cant complain about the quality, overall good finish on this piece .
                    Attached Files

Comment

For a later piece it really has a good finish, when the price was good-why not.
                      I like it

Comment

Originally posted by Matthieu View Post
                        I know .... its a modern set, but I got if offered at such good price, I could not resist.
                        I guess that you bought this VERY modern DKis as a gapfiller.
                        And I do hope that you will replace it as soon as you find an earlier version.

Comment

It has the painted rim instead of enamel ... but I cant complain about the quality, overall good finish on this piece .
                          Hi Mathys,

Can we see the reverse?

Thanks,
                          Best regards,
                          Streptile

Looking for ROUND BUTTON 1939 EK1 Spange cases (LDO or PKZ)

Comment

Originally posted by streptile View Post
                            Hi Mathys,

Can we see the reverse?

Thanks,
                            Of course .
                            Attached Files

Comment

Certainly one of the better quality modern pieces seen Mathijs.

Comment

Of course .
                                Thanks Mathys
                                Best regards,
                                Streptile

Looking for ROUND BUTTON 1939 EK1 Spange cases (LDO or PKZ)

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 14 users online. 0 members and 14 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X