My humble collection ....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, these 1st pattern B-frame RK´s are real beauties

Luckily i have 2 more left in my collection where i can have a look at and one of these is for touching as it´s displayed on a mannequin

Comment

Something I picked up recently .... normally I'm not a fan of later pieces, but I'll make an exception here .
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Matthieu View Post
        Something I picked up recently .... normally I'm not a fan of later pieces, but I'll make an exception here .
        Superb!!

Best regards
        Pierce

Comment

A GREAT piece Mathijs!!
          I've been saying for a long time that some of the later pieces were still good, hopefully this goes some way to proving that!!
          For sure, the very late pieces, were poor, but the very late 60's and early, even mid 70's pieces were still of a good quality, as you show here on this one!!!
          Just because a piece has an open hingeblock, doesn't mean its got to be bad, give these pieces a chance, theres some good stuff to be found, and some would still have been vet owned and worn!!!
          Thanks for showing Mathijs, good to see!!!!!!!!!!
          -Nigel
          sigpic 57ers...."The Devil Is In The Detail"

Comment

Congrats bud!

P/O's are rare enough to grab a later one. Good catch!

Comment

Hi Mathijs
              First of all many thanks for the KC loop I needed to complete a piece!!
              Secondly , wot a great badge!! Nice detail, as Nigel says, not all later pieces are should be overlooked, this one is up there with the best!
              Another top award!

Comment

A rare bird this one ..... 1957 Pilot by Deumer !!!!!!!!!!
                Attached Files

Comment

Fantastic "looker" this one Mathijs,quality all the way, looks as good as a wartimer!!!
                  The Deumer versions are always harder to find than S&L, and often beat them, both on design detail and quality!!!
                  Rivets look like they've been tightened? Maybe the eagle was coming loose??
                  This one looks to be an early example, but I don't think we yet know for sure how long Deumer actually produced their 57ers for...
                  Great new addition, and thanks for sharing it with us!!!!!!!
                  -Nigel

Comment

Thanks for the kind comments, Nigel. Not sure what happened on the rivets, but it adds to the character ... don't you think ?
                    IMO indeed an early one .... as you said, no one really knows when and for how long Deumer went on, or why they suddenly stopped ...

Comment

Fully agree with you Mathijs, the rivets, the patina, genuine signs of wear etc etc all add to the character and really give the impression of the age of the piece (not that many years between this and a wartimer!) sometimes you don't find that with 57ers, they often look glittery and new, and we forget just how old these early pieces really are!!!!!!!
                      -Nigelclap5.gif

Comment

Great pickup Matthijs. You beat me to it. I really appreciate the Deumer look on most of these pieces and this has to be another one of them.

Thanks for showing.
                        Regards,
                        Rudy

Comment

Also added this one to my collection ... however, it has a story on its own and it deserves a total new thread !!!
                          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Matthieu View Post
                            Also added this one to my collection ... however, it has a story on its own and it deserves a total new thread !!!
                            Then, when you are ready, lets hear more........please!!!!!!!!
                            Sounds really interesting!!!!!
                            -Nigel

Comment

There he goes again. Can't wait Matthijs.

Rudy

Comment

Hi Mathijs ,
                                Nice looking KC, definite vet worn looking at the ribbon arrangement!!!
                                Interesting as usual , you manage to buy the best pieces!!
                                Look forward to the follow up.
                                Regards
                                Gary

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 18 users online. 0 members and 18 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X