No announcement yet.

My humble collection ....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A recent pick-up from a German dealer ... great condition early St&L narrow pin Heeres Flak .
    Attached Files

Comment

But often dealers sell items below value ... .

Below a rare Deumer Pilot which was priced at St&L prices .... no complaints here .

Have to say, I absolutely love this pattern / style of Pilot badge ... the high level of detail on the eagle and overall finish ... superior than St&L Pilot.

Mathijs
      Attached Files

Comment

Nice pair of badges Mathijs!!
        The Flak has a great look to it, full of character, while the Deumer Pilots is a beauty, I agree, a nicer version than the S&L
        -Nigel
        sigpic 57ers...."The Devil Is In The Detail"

Comment

Very nice pieces Mathijs. Like the deumer pilot.

Regards,
          Rudy

Comment

Hi guys,

Don't know why, but I got really excited when I found this badge for sale.
            A run-of-the-mill silver IAB, early St&L with narrow pin production, but still so much more.

For me, this particular piece shows why 57er badges are very much so underrated.
            Just look at the quality and workmanship ... that lovely patina, clearly a worn badge.

Thanks for reading my ranting and hope you understand that a simple IAB can light a guys 57er passion, still after such long time collecting !

Mathijs
            Attached Files

Comment

Some more snapshots of this beauty !

The worn lines next to the hinge block ( brass/copper coating exposed ) look like honest rubbing against uniform = vet worn.

Mathijs
              Attached Files

Comment

Agree 100%.

I have both silver and bronze early production from both S&L & Deumer.

IMHO as good as any war time produced piece.

Wayne

Comment

Lovely looking piece!!!
                  I agree, it has as much character as a wartimer, and has seen much wear by the look of it!!
                  Nice to see some passion in the 57 section!!!!
                  -Nigel

Comment

No arguments from me. Lovely piece.

Regards
                    Rudy

Comment

Hi guys,

Had this for a week now ... purchased here on WAF from a very friendly and cooperative Canadian member.
                      Was posted in the wrong sales section, so maybe majority of you must have missed it ...
                      Actually only needed the case for another cross, but since price was good, decided to buy the lot .
                      Most likely, will be selling the cross separately very shortly ...

For the rest, quite clear what I purchased ..

- Cross : lovely heavy mid production St&L made DKiG, no wear, mint condition
                      - Case : mid production as well, push button and velvet inlay, some typical wear and tear, paper hinge split on the back

Overall, nice clean set at good price !

Grtz,

Mathijs
                      Attached Files

Comment

Saw that as well Mathijs. It is a very nice looking piece.

Regards
                        Rudy

Comment

Yes I did too, but was buying flight clasps from another excellent member here. Still very tempting.

Comment

Was posted here recently, but was lucky enough to purchase it . The Deumer made Para.

Amazing design, far outranks the St&L design here ... fantastic quality !

Mathijs
                            Attached Files

Comment

Really nice badge that one Mathijs!!
                              I think everyone loved it as soon as it was shown...you did well to get it!!!
                              Great combination of quality and character!!!!
                              -Nigel

Comment

Very nice badge indeed. Deumer quality all the way.

If you're looking for more Deumers, I still have a LW Erdkampfabzeichen and bronze IAB that are seeking a new home.

Best regards,
                                Nick

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 11 users online. 0 members and 11 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X