No announcement yet.

My humble collection ....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just like that Very nice to see the O on the rear, nice details. When do you think this set was made?

Comment

Originally posted by Tony T-S View Post
      Just like that Very nice to see the O on the rear, nice details. When do you think this set was made?
      Surely they have to be the earliest possible made ... as from 1957 onwards to ????

Comment

From the clear details you'd expect so. BTW, my laughing icon was in response to your great phrase "and just bought it " Brought a smile to my face.

Do we see the O marking only on early piece or also sometimes on later ones?

Comment

Hi Mathijs!
          Great set of Oaks & Swords!!
          I would also agree that they appear to be early ones, finish is great, cutouts are nicely done, and the 3rd die flaw doesn't appear to have formed yet!!
          Nice catch!!!!!!!!
          -Nigel
          sigpic 57ers...."The Devil Is In The Detail"

Comment

I love dropping in to read through this thread again. Matthieu we're still waiting for all these comparison threads. They really would add a lot to our discussions. Have you anything new to add yet?

Comment

Originally posted by Tony T-S View Post
              I love dropping in to read through this thread again. Matthieu we're still waiting for all these comparison threads. They really would add a lot to our discussions. Have you anything new to add yet?
              Hi Tony, I do know and must apologize for my tardiness ... plenty of promises and good will, but sadly very little time .

However, have to say that in the last few months, I did not purchase that much new.
              The odd badge, but nothing major. Still have one or two KC groups that require posting, but again lack of time do so such.
              And with the bad weather, its very hard to make decent snapshots .

Grtz,
              Mathijs

Comment

You sound a little like me, no time to do anything much and a mad work rate. Looking after yourself is what really counts. We look forward to whatever you might be able to do during the year. Summer is on the way for you as winter is on the way for us here so hopefully we'll get to see those RK groups along the way.

Anyway still love drooling over your collection here.

Comment

Ols

Nice set Mathijs !
                  Can someone show a comparison of the oaks with 2 flaws and then 3 flaws, explaining timeframes pls!! I'm lost!!

Comment

Hi chaps,

After long time, this is my first 57er buy of 2014 ....

A small group consisting of a 3-piece medal bar, tank and wound badge.
                    The KvK is a wartime piece ( with swastika on the back ), the foreign award seems to be a Bulgarian War Merit Medal ( King Boris ).

Mathijs
                    Attached Files

Comment

The tank badge in silver ... lovely early piece by St&L
                      Attached Files

Comment

Wound badge in black - somewhat later production ( assume St&L )

Thanks
                        Mathijs
                        Attached Files

Comment

Nice group ! I like that tank badge ! Tom

Comment

Wow that´s a great group

Comment

Indeed a fine group Mathijs! Obviously, for me, the highlight is the medal bar, especially with the Bulgarian medal of merit!!
                              The Ost is a very nice example of a Deumer!!
                              As the vet has flipped over his wartime KVK, and the medal of merit is also his original, theres surely a good chance this is his wartime bar, with a replacement 57 Ost in place of the wartime version?
                              Could you post a photo of the reverse of the bar, so we can see the backing cloth and construction?
                              The ribbons from the front look early!!
                              The S&L PAB is a very nice early version, though its interesting to see its not been cutout as far down behind the turret as some other early, and even slightly later examples!
                              The BWB also is a nice piece, Deumer I think!!
                              -Nigel
                              sigpic 57ers...."The Devil Is In The Detail"

Comment

Mathijs

Most impressive! I really like that medal bar!

The ribbons look like WW2 stock. He may have just swapped out the Ost Medal! A photo of the reverse may confirm.

Best regards
                                Pierce

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 6 users online. 0 members and 6 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X