Dunkirk - Film

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jacquesf View Post
    I heard they are about to release a new blockbuster Stalingrad movie with artistic license. To put it in context and scale they are just using three actors and a bicycle in the snow with modern Volgograd as the backdrop. Two story lines are used to illustrate the closing of the pincers around the Kessel. That will bring the message of the futility of war and the vastness of the Russian landscape across to younger audiences, while protecting them from the horrors of war on an intellectual level. Cannot wait to see it. J

NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Originally posted by kammo man View Post
      This obviously hinges on what style of bicycle they use.
      A tandem would be great.
      A one man 3 wheeler would look awesome on camera.
      But if the 3 guys were on unicycles I feel would be a show stopper.
      The Bikes could get sponsored and they could even hold a leg of the Tour De France during filming to increase the tension........
      But that could be just off camera as background noise.
      Now you are just being silly.

Comment

From you I take that as the deepest complement.

Comment

Now you are just being silly.
          Please let me know ahead of time, but how will the bicycles hold up in combat without solid rubber tires?......I suppose next you'll try and convince me they could just ride them on their steel rims......Giving the impression of tanks coming down the road (ala the Japanese army)....Problem is, very few roads in Russia were paved...I suppose they would work okay around the city however.....

The German army using Raliegh or Motobecane bicycles will never work....Too many experts here to point out they aren't German......Bodes

Comment

They could have continental brand off road tires.

Comment

Originally posted by Kyle Harrington View Post
              That is a good point Simon however I cannot help wonder that even in the summer of 1940 Hitler's mind was very much elsewhere, namely the Soviet Union. I find it difficult to see how we would have survived if the full might of the German Armed Forces were flung at us KM concerns or not .
              The RAF at the Battle of Britain put paid to any potential invasion threat anyway, even if Sealion was contemplated...and of course the Luftwaffe never recovered in any event.

Comment

I heard they are about to release a new blockbuster Stalingrad movie with artistic license. To put it in context and scale they are just using three actors and a bicycle in the snow with modern Volgograd as the backdrop. Two story lines are used to illustrate the closing of the pincers around the Kessel. That will bring the message of the futility of war and the vastness of the Russian landscape across to younger audiences, while protecting them from the horrors of war on an intellectual level. Cannot wait to see it. J
                Yes, it's on at the Edinburgh fringe next week, so you don't have to wait long Jaques.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by kammo man View Post
                    This obviously hinges on what style of bicycle they use.
                    A tandem would be great.
                    A one man 3 wheeler would look awesome on camera.
                    But if the 3 guys were on unicycles I feel would be a show stopper.
                    The Bikes could get sponsored and they could even hold a leg of the Tour De France during filming to increase the tension........
                    But that could be just off camera as background noise.

Comment

Originally posted by eubank View Post
                      The RAF at the Battle of Britain put paid to any potential invasion threat anyway, even if Sealion was contemplated...and of course the Luftwaffe never recovered in any event.
                      With the German high command contemplating each service's task in Sealion, Goring convinced Hitler the Luftwaffe alone could soften England up for negotiations......At the time, defeating a country solely through bombing was yet an unproven hypothesis......Bodes

Comment

Originally posted by Woolgar View Post
                        Just watched Dunkirk again ....loved it the first time...even more so second time

A bloody good war movie... but I also liked Fury, watched it dozens of times and sorry to say I really enjoyed Pearl Harbor so maybe that says a lot about my taste in films

Nick
                        Nick. I too liked Fury 2nd time around, apart from the daft ending of course, but come on, this Dunkirk movie is awful

Don't tell me you thought the latest Churchill movie was great as well ....don't get me started on that one !!!!

Comment

Originally posted by bodes View Post
                          With the German high command contemplating each service's task in Sealion, Goring convinced Hitler the Luftwaffe alone could soften England up for negotiations......At the time, defeating a country solely through bombing was yet an unproven hypothesis......Bodes
                          Not a matter of bombing. Air supremacy/ control of the sky was the issue. They didn't achieve it, so an invasion would be impossible.

Comment

Originally posted by Jean-Loup View Post
                            "Dunkirk was one of the best movies released in a long time. That "Atonement" clip referenced above is pure cheese. Lame...."

Can you explain why?

JL
                            It's not feasible to explain a subjective conclusion via objective points to anyone's satisfaction.

I liked it.

If that "Atonement" clip is representative of what others posting here think is great movie making, I can see why you wouldn't agree with me.

Comment

No SS men were actually harmed harmed during the mAking of fury
                              It was only a movie.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by eubank View Post
                                Not a matter of bombing. Air supremacy/ control of the sky was the issue. They didn't achieve it, so an invasion would be impossible.
                                Doesn't matter, Hitler never relished an amphibious invasion of England....The Germans didn't have sufficient landing crafts and Hitler didn't have confidence in the navy...Hence he gave Goring his head to soften England, while he prepared for Barbarossa.......Bodes

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 164 users online. 0 members and 164 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X