Dunkirk - Film

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by praubal View Post
    Dunkirk was a tragedy for Britain and France...and propogandised as a 'miracle'. another of Mr Churchills supreme follys along with Gallipoli and Dieppe to name just two.
    Yes, poor Winston; he had so few accomplishments.

Comment

Originally posted by Woolgar View Post
      Member KLKMsunnybunny is correct in his post:

"I think the scenes of the soldiers standing in rows on an empty beach was intended to heighten the feeling of being exposed, both to the elements and to an enemy attack."
      So it is an art movie and not a war movie? J

Comment

Originally posted by Panzer-G-man View Post
        Oh,so the Irish,Welsh and Scottish never did anything,eh?
        You obviously have no idea what British means do you?
        Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

Originally posted by praubal View Post
          Dunkirk was a tragedy for Britain and France...and propogandised as a 'miracle'. another of Mr Churchills supreme follys along with Gallipoli and Dieppe to name just two.
          How was Dunkirk a Churchill 'folly'?
          Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

Originally posted by Simon O. View Post
            How was Dunkirk a Churchill 'folly'?
            Indeed, Churchill was named PM only on May 10, 1940, previously serving as First Lord of the Admirality.
            He had little, if anything to do with the predicament the BEF found itself in at Dunkirk.
            Does any rational person believe that Lord Halifax would have been a better choice for PM in 1940, or that Chamberlain need to be replaced?

Bob Shoaf
            Last edited by Robert Shoaf; 08-10-2017, 09:31 AM. Reason: spelling

Comment

You obviously have no idea what British means do you?
              Ah,ok.My mistake,i guess British encompasses NI,Wales and Scotland.Whereas English just means rioting at football tournaments and bashing up the locals.Apologies!

Comment

Originally posted by jacquesf View Post
                That is a good definition of it indeed!

Comment

Ah,ok.My mistake,i guess British encompasses NI,Wales and Scotland.Whereas English just means rioting at football tournaments and bashing up the locals.Apologies!
                  ????? oh dear

Comment

Idiot

Comment

Originally posted by jacquesf View Post
                      Well, would you call it a straight up "action flick"..? There's a long list of war films that use such elements of artistic direction.

Comment

NI isn't part of Great Britain. If you're going to try and have a go at us, do try and get it right at least there's a good fellow.

Comment

Take it easy on the football. In what League do all the best Irish football players belong ? The greatest league in the World, the English Premier League. Which kicks of its season in just a few hours...

wearin the black n white
                          Howay the Lads !

all the way
                          Tim

Comment

NI isn't part of Great Britain. If you're going to try and have a go at us, do try and get it right at least there's a good fellow.
                            NI is in fact part of the United Kingdom of Great Britain

Comment

I think this thread is becoming a little silly

The British Army in 1940 comprised Welsh, N.Irish, Scottish and English troops, from the the United Kingdom of Great Britain and NI. Obviously it also contained commonwealth troops and troops from the colonies.

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Shoaf View Post
                                Indeed, Churchill was named PM only on May 10, 1940, previously serving as First Lord of the Admirality.
                                He had little, if anything to do with the predicament the BEF found itself in at Dunkirk.
                                Does any rational person believe that Lord Halifax would have been a better choice for PM in 1940, or that Chamberlain need to be replaced?

Bob Shoaf
                                Without Churchill's tenacity and bloody-mindedness, the evacuations would not have happened, including the evacuation of any French troops at all

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 23 users online. 0 members and 23 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X