"It Happened Here" is a largely unknown yet really good movie
            WAF LIFE COACH

Comment

Its great.

however the top 2 pics are real.

Comment

Originally posted by Gene View Post
                "It Happened Here" is a largely unknown yet really good movie
                I agree--it is now over 50 years old, and made on an infinitesimal budget, but much more realistic (and entertaining) than Dunkirk.
                NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

On a similar note, "Went the Day Well " is a good 1942 film,
                  Jack Higgins' book The Eagle has Landed clearly drew its inspiration from it!

Comment

Originally posted by kammo man View Post
                    Its great.

however the top 2 pics are real.
                    Yes indeed, our dear little channel islands were occupied for 5 years.

Some German soldiers actually thought they were in the Isle of Wight

Back to Dunkirk.

The 1958 movie is superior by far. Forgive its 1950's acting styles, its 1950's special effects as it were. It conveys very well the feelings prior to Dunkirk and during the evacuations. It explores the concept of the phoney war and also touches on the sore subject of wartime profiteering.

A youngster will learn nothing from this latest lame attempt, they will learn a great deal from the 58 movie.

Comment

My first visit in 10 years to the cinema was to watch this new Dunkirk film nonsense

Now my only regret is that I had not seen Fury at the IMAX ( was it in IMAX ) ??

Comment

Originally posted by Totenhead View Post
                        My first visit in 10 years to the cinema was to watch this new Dunkirk film nonsense

Now my only regret is that I had not seen Fury at the IMAX ( was it in IMAX ) ??
                        Don't worry I'm sure "Fury 2 : Hitler Hunter in 3D" will be out at some point.

Comment

Originally posted by Totenhead View Post

I don't believe Fury was released for I-max viewing.....Apollo 13 w/Tom Hanks was re-released in this format....However I don't believe Fury is in the same class or was as popular......Personally I would like to see "The Revenant" in an I-max theater.....Bodes

Comment

Originally posted by bodes View Post
                            I don't believe Fury was released for I-max viewing.....Apollo 13 w/Tom Hanks was re-released in this format....However I don't believe Fury is in the same class or was as popular......Personally I would like to see "The Revenant" in an I-max theater.....Bodes

I stand corrected...Doing a google search, Fury was released in limited selected theaters in I-max format....Bodes

Comment

Originally posted by bodes View Post
                              I stand corrected...Doing a google search, Fury was released in limited selected theaters in I-max format....Bodes
                              Nice one

I got bored watching the Revenant towards the end, not in the cinema

Comment

Late to see Dunkirk in IMAX and I have to say I really really liked it. Nothing is perfect but one of the best war movies I ever seen. The Spitfire scene in the end didn't seem right.. but I tried to over look that. Sound was extremely loud but I think the director was using sound to actually put you in the movie... use the speakers to provide concussion. The theater seemed to feel like it was shaking and also had the effect of wind... first experience with that.

I feel the director was after a first person shooter type feeling. You feel the chaos...

Anyway, I liked it alot.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X