No announcement yet.

Hunting Hitler series

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In the bunker Hitler looked like an old man....The fresh Argentinian air must have done Der Fuhrer some good..... Bodes

Comment

The Colonia Dignidad episode was pretty cool. Makes you wonder what was going on.

Comment

YES fun episode

very cool place...what the heck was it?

Comment

Originally posted by birdie View Post

It was originally a so called cult compound , now it's called villa Bavaria function centre with hotel ....

Comment

It was a torture and detention center used by the Chilean secret police during Augusto Pinochet's military dictatorship. It was not built for or had anything to do with the protection of Adolf Hitler.

Comment

According to wikipedia, the compound came into existence in 1961.. quite some time after the war. Hitler would have been 72 and his Parkinson not getting any better.

But it sure was a torture camp under Pinochet..

Comment

Originally posted by 11C View Post
                It was a torture and detention center used by the Chilean secret police during Augusto Pinochet's military dictatorship. It was not built for or had anything to do with the protection of Adolf Hitler.
                So Hitler supposedly fled Argentina in 1955 after Peron's ouster and hightailed it to Chile and holed up in CD. But CD didn't exist until 1961 when Schaefer arrived in Chile. That leaves a six year gap that they can't or won't explain. It's small but significant things like that which they conveniently ignore and which keep coming back to trip them up.

Comment

Speculation...

Of course it's all a leap of faith,, to suppose IF he escaped....how he did and where would he have gone? Just relax and enjoy the ride..we get to see some pretty neat places.

Comment

Of course it's all a leap of faith,, to suppose IF he escaped....how he did and where would he have gone? Just relax and enjoy the ride..we get to see some pretty neat places.
                    It's not a leap of faith, but a denial of reality. His death in Berlin has long since been established beyond a reasonable doubt.

Comment

Lol

IF he escaped...How? I find it fun and love the locations...you just keep being mad

Comment

They do screw up with the historical timeline of things and I catch myself laughing at their amateur approach to a theoretical investigation. However as birdie states they do show you some amazing places and structures that would otherwise remain unseen by the vast majority of the population and makes one wonder what they were built for.
                        That's why I watch.
                        Just my 2 cents,
                        Tom

P.S: I believe the show is directed toward conspiracy theorists. Appears it works well, hence a second season.
                        Last edited by coldsteel61; 01-06-2017, 02:22 PM.

Comment

agreed

I just grin and bear it when they s-t-r-e-t-c-h, the posiibilities,, and every location is a fortification....but the site are great,,,fun stuff

Comment

I almost fell out of the chair laughing when they dove the waist deep lake!!!
                            I can't figure out why people get so agitated about it. I think it's interesting
                            and funny at the same time.

Comment

IF he escaped...How? I find it fun and love the locations...you just keep being mad
                              If it were presented as just an exercise in speculation/fantasy that would be one thing. But they go about it all in such a blatantly dishonest manner that it's a turnoff. They lie , fabricate and spin in a way that would put the most fraudulent politician to shame. Granted, there is entertainment value in seeing them f**k up.
                              Last edited by Fush Yumeng; 01-06-2017, 03:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Fush Yumeng View Post
                                If it were presented as just an exercise in speculation/fantasy that would be one thing. But they go about it all in such a blatantly dishonest manner that it's a turnoff. They lie , fabricate and spin in a way that would put the most fraudulent politician to shame. Granted, there is entertainment value in seeing them f**k up.
                                I agree.......
                                I find it an insult to historical intelligence. Program was not produced as a "what it" but turned in that direction when the facts became obvious that these guys were backpedaling even the possibilities.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 7 users online. 0 members and 7 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X