No announcement yet.

Heinz Macher and Fritz Witt grouping.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are you really sure it´s post war made, Pieter?

Comment

wreck

Originally posted by Pieter Verbruggen View Post
      ...I think I better return this too
      Pieter.
      Bring it to the Max,
      jim

Comment

Theodor Wisch's cased Knight's Cross with Oakleaves and swords.

Additionally Kai Winkler's certificate confirming that this piece came from the estate of Brigadeführer Theodor Wisch dated 1999.

The problem here only is that this, according to Mr. Reimer Wisch (the son) did 1000% not come from the Wisch family estate. It wasn't even part of Mr. Winkler's 1997 auction catalogue of the estate.

But Herr Dr. Fiedler, as we can see from the document, was satisfied with the dealer's word paying a premium for the first-class provenance without doing his homework first....I only hope the cross as such was o.k.

Sad.
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Toncar View Post
          Bring it to the Max,
          jim

...I will try to get it through US customs. A man like you with such a great hospitality in combination with a super collection deserves an extra efford...
          Pieter.
          SUUM CUIQUE ...
          sigpic

Comment

Great find, it obviously belonged to a top ss division. They were after all Hitler fire brigades and it is named and maker marked. Was it part of the group found with the son? Jacques

Comment

Maybe the driver of that machine was the guy who wore those uniforms...and all the time we thought it was the other Fritz Witt.

Comment

Is the originals whereabouts known?

How much did this mock-up piece fetch back in 1999?

Originally posted by markus View Post
                Theodor Wisch's cased Knight's Cross with Oakleaves and swords.

Additionally Kai Winkler's certificate confirming that this piece came from the estate of Brigadeführer Theodor Wisch dated 1999.

The problem here only is that this, according to Mr. Reimer Wisch (the son) did 1000% not come from the Wisch family estate. It wasn't even part of Mr. Winkler's 1997 auction catalogue of the estate.

But Herr Dr. Fiedler, as we can see from the document, was satisfied with the dealer's word paying a premium for the first-class provenance without doing his homework first....I only hope the cross as such was o.k.

Sad.

Comment

Originally posted by Max Wünsche View Post
                  Is the originals whereabouts known?

How much did this mock-up piece fetch back in 1999?

Theodor Wisch never received the oakleaves and swords physically. Probably due to hospitalisation which lasted from Sept. 1944 thru May 1945 and beyond. (Buy my book! LoL)

He did have a post-war KC, OL and Swords set though for reunions, etc.

The family told/wrote me that only the German Cross in Gold and a couple of other minor medals and badges were on the estate when their father passed (and the docs and photos of course)

The rest, visor caps, a travel box, dagger, officer sword, cased mint KC, cased mint OL, etc. were never in the group, yet were sold by Kai Wonkler separately as part of the 1997 estate auction or even afterwards as you can see from the doc shown above.

One family member living in the U.S. wrote me how Teddy used to show him his award documents, photo albums, etc. but no medals.

I guess Kai must have sold the above set around Eur 20,000 considering the market around that time.

Markus

Comment

Thanks for that information, and yes ive been meaning to pick up a copy of your book.

Originally posted by markus View Post
                    Theodor Wisch never received the oakleaves and swords physically. Probably due to hospitalisation which lasted from Sept. 1944 thru May 1945 and beyond. (Buy my book! LoL)

He did have a post-war KC, OL and Swords set though for reunions, etc.

The family told/wrote me that only the German Cross in Gold and a couple of other minor medals and badges were on the estate when their father passed (and the docs and photos of course)

The rest, visor caps, a travel box, dagger, officer sword, cased mint KC, cased mint OL, etc. were never in the group, yet were sold by Kai Wonkler separately as part of the 1997 estate auction or even afterwards as you can see from the doc shown above.

One family member living in the U.S. wrote me how Teddy used to show him his award documents, photo albums, etc. but no medals.

I guess Kai must have sold the above set around Eur 20,000 considering the market around that time.

Markus

Comment

Originally posted by Max Wünsche View Post
                      Thanks for that information, and yes ive been meaning to pick up a copy of your book.
                      Was I too direct and persuasive...?! (Laugh)

Comment

Originally posted by Pieter Verbruggen View Post
                        ...I think I better return this too
                        Pieter.
                        Why don't you try to shove it up his A..?

Comment

I know that many dealers are also not happy with Winkler.
                          The tuxedo badges didn't help that relationship either. After he sold them to other dealers....

Comment

Rob Im sure a lot of dealers and collectors are not happy with us either.Wreaking havoc for the supply and demand mentality in this hobby.Naming names spoiling the ideas many may have about tunics they bought from those names.........etc.etc.

Comment

This guy needs a good old butt kicking and a stay in the blue bar hotel. How does he get away with this kind of stuff? And now it looks like he has been doing it for years. After seeing the cross and hearing the story behind it. Anyone who buys anything from this crook is crazy or just stupid. We should ban him from every show on the face of the earth.

Comment

Originally posted by rob NL View Post
                                After he sold them to other dealers....
                                At wholesale prices between buddies....(laughter)

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 3 users online. 0 members and 3 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X