No announcement yet.

29th Div. Italian SS insignia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's very difficult to look the back of the totenkopf, the only thing I can see is that the skull has one (or two, i don't remember now) original vertical prong, which is unusual...I don't know if Assmann TK has vertical prongs, I'm not so informed about German Tks...
    Francesco

Comment

Manions has a 29th Div tunic for sale under reference lot# 5879391.
      Its appears to be a period Italian tunic, which was spruced up (altered) with questionable Italian SS insignia including the sleeve eagle with the fletching issues! and printed Italian tri-color shield! Comes with matching pants, starting bid $1000! Here's the link;
      http://www.manions.com/bid/bid.aspx~...1~pic~20070520

Comment

I'd rather pass on it...
        Francesco

Comment

I agree, typical Manions offering... but interesting to study. The Dachau type Italian sleeve shield was never issued is the general concensus, but what about the Italian tri-color nationality shield? (as depicted on this questionable Manions uniform). Were those worn at all? I've never seen pictures of these shields worn in the 29th SS ...Any examples to share anyone?

The following link shows a real interesting portrait of an Italian volunteer who appears to be a Waffen SS trooper but he's not!
          He's actually a TransportGruppe Speer volunteer driver...
          Note the tri-color (Italian) sleeve shield and (barely visible) "Sp" (right) collar tab as opposed to "SS"!
          http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...ighlight=speer
          Nick
          Last edited by NickG; 05-13-2007, 11:46 PM.

Comment

Never seen a photo with Italian SS using tri-color arm shield...
            Moreover italian arm shield for SS has horizontal tripes, while the Speer volunteer photo soldier has vertical ones...
            Francesco

Comment

Interesting thread please keep it going
              cheers,
              Gary

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Wood View Post
                Interesting thread please keep it going
                cheers,
                Gary
                OK! I'll do my best...but I need "my friends" too...
                Francesco

Comment

cap

Originally posted by Nostradamus View Post
                  Happy you appreciated this cap. I'm pleased and honored to have been able to show and share it with you...
                  Francesco
                  Hello Francesco,
                  Great cap.I'm sure you have seen the schirmutze that is suppossed to belong to Manelli as well on topclass militaria.I have my own opinions on this dealer but what do you think of that hat?
                  Cheers,Paul.

Comment

And also beware from any "italian" tri-colour sleeve shield for SS-Karstjager/whatever division..

Comment

Originally posted by paul.j View Post
                      Hello Francesco,
                      Great cap.I'm sure you have seen the schirmutze that is suppossed to belong to Manelli as well on topclass militaria.I have my own opinions on this dealer but what do you think of that hat?
                      Cheers,Paul.
                      I saw the pics you are mentioning...that cap should be analized in two ways. First question, all parts (cap and insignia) are original and mounted during WWII? I do not know so much about German shirmutzes (since this one is Erel made if I remember well, not an Italian made one). If this kind of analisys is positive, then we should try to discover the history of this cap and why is attributed to Mannelli. Obviously for the silver waffenfarbe/piping which is coherent only to Mannelli's rank, but I never forget that exist a lot of original items with high ranks used by WWII military supply shops for display purposes, just to show to potential customers their good manufactoring. These items are perfectly original, but they do not belong to any King, General, etc...
                      I know the story of my cap...since half of the 70's...when Mannelli died, and that's a great "warranty" for me...
                      Francesco

Comment

my contribution
                        Attached Files
                        DaveJ

Comment

reverse
                          Attached Files
                          DaveJ

Comment

and what ever these are
                            Attached Files
                            DaveJ

Comment

Being a visor collector, I don't get over here very often, but I am now glad I did--this has to be one of the best threads I have had the pleasure of going thru in a long time--great posts, guys, one and all!
                              NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Originally posted by DaveJ View Post
                                my contribution
                                I like the unissued Officers tabs very much. I would like them in my collection . IMHO they are Italian manufactored , real and unissued.
                                They closely resemble the pair of mine that were vetted.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X