• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Attached Files

Comment

Wow!

Comment

Francesco. I will from now on refer to you as "Master" . Unbelievable and outstanding .

Comment

Simply stunning mutze! Francesco, thank you for posting this important piece. I have never seen such a beautiful cap!

Bob Hritz
          In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Duct tape can't fix stupid, but it can muffle the sound.

Comment

What a great cap, just pure quality. Looks the skull has a high silver content with this wonderfull patina.

tanti saluti,
            Robert

Comment

It's a very nice cap and IMO the skull is a German made Assmann.
              Thank you for sharing.

Comment

Dave, Thanks glad to help if I can. On the Weitze eagle and tab . I do not like the eagle. It doesn't look exactly like a the round fletch one . It is similar. I don't like it. As far as the tab is concerned I know of no evidence that one existed in this form. It looks like it is attempting to immitate a black Dachau one. Unless some one can tell me different. I would not bet one existed like that.

Originally posted by dblmed View Post
                Thank you so very much Francesco and Dennis S (!)

I greatly appreciate your both taking the time to rended studied comments and suggestions

As a Collector, Yes, I find that I am an eternal Student as well. There is so much to learn and then to try to comprehend & incorporate this knowledge base into the 'Science' of our Hobby passion.

Without a Forum such as WAF, a collector would be LOST, and at the mercy of dealers who may well not know what they or selling (especially Italian SS Items).

Of Interest, on the H. Weitze Site, there is a Red Fasces SS Tab & Eagle Set. (I wonder if that one is an original as well.

I thank you,

Dave
                dblmed

Comment

Nostra, my dear friend!! The caps are amazing!!! Eheheh i like it very much!!
                  But i will prefer that in my collection!!

On post about the jackets of the book (#96-97) i agree with you, my idea is it what that are a pure fantasy.
                  The jacket in grey green wool cloth is it a m.23 for the Milicie or for the Young Fascist, is it like the m.17 model made during the WW1 for the Arditi Troops. During the first years of the Fascist Era the troops use this kind of jacket for remenber of the tradiction use of the arditi, infact the milicie use the same black collar flames of the glorius corp during the WW1.
                  Now i find difficolt what in the 1944-45 the 29° SS soldiers use old jacket like the m.23, normally they used m.40 or m.41 grey gren wool or diagonal cloth.
                  For the eagle and collar tabs is it the same opinion about the jacket, that bird i don't like!!!

Comment

This may make it easier to compare. The top eagle is original, the bottom eagle is a fake.

Bob Hritz
                    Attached Files

Comment

Verso: Voila, the top is original and bottom eagle is a fake.

Bob Hritz
                      Attached Files

Comment

Bob ,any opinion on those double officer rank tabs I posted. The orange/red ones I posted alone
                        post #80

Comment

Is it very hard to speak about the embroyed italian SS eagles, only few pieces are survive at the war, i think what the eagle on the top of Bob is it a Dachau model, the last produced interesting is it a comparation with that on the original pic ot the #60 post of this topic,
                          Dachau model is it quite different from the used SS eagles, expecially for the type of embroyed and for the support.
                          Dachau model, like in this case, have a red line through the wings and the diagonal black support cloth in the rear.

For more info about that eagles:

http://blitzkriegmilitaria-forum.com...p?t=935&page=3

All the best!!

Comment

Happy you appreciated this cap. I'm pleased and honored to have been able to show and share it with you...
                            Francesco

Comment

That is one of the most amazing caps I have ever seen, that eagle on the side is wonderful!

Comment

Looks like a very nice M43 cap Francesco. To have it documented to an Italian Waffen-SS General makes it very special indeed.

However, I believe the skull is just a standard zinc Assmann type that has lost its finish. If you are able to look at the back it is probably marked Ges Gesch.

Thanks for showing us.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X